British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Plymouth Pl 28th June

nujjer you dont know the facts i do hence my post,no i will not disclose them so dont ask ! So shut the **** up

So we'll assume you know nothing and just trying to make yourself look important.
  • Like 2

So we'll assume you know nothing and just trying to make yourself look important.

if you say so!

Track was poor - very dry, slick & dusty.

But the racing was better than on Wednesday.

Why oh why does the kids meeting - 13 heats - go on before the PL meeting?

Same happened last year and the track was poor for that PL meeting too.

And the whole meeting was at a snail's pace.

7.30pm finish near enough from a supposed 5pm start.

Only 1 faller - the Fish who got stuck under the fence - but that didn't add too much time to the proceedings.

No-one seemed bothered about moving things along.

OK it didn't start till about 5.20 but it's still far too long for 15 heats.

Lucky the weather was decent.

Panthers were under par throughout apart from MPT who was worth the entrance fee himself.

Lucky he doesn't gate!!

Devils were good value throughout with only guest Williamson slightly off the pace.

Holder looks a good 'un.

Amazed at Risager he came 5-6 feet off the line at times!! Scored about 8 more than I expected!!

So a decent meeting and a big result for Devils.

Panthers are starting to look vulnerable if Simon Lambert doesn't have a good meeting on a track with some grip.

• Like 1

PL racing is getting far to repetitive these days its every few weeks Plymouth are at the showground !!

If Greenwood was planning already to be riding at Rye House today anyway perhaps Peterborough didnt object after all.

My third visit to EOES this season and the third time I've seen Plymouth and I'm not complaining. All three matches have been bloody good entertainment :approve: , but then I'm not an out an out Panthers fan.

Something tells me that Mr Konopka might not be the answer.

Not sure what the question is :P:lol: but he sure as hell isn't the answer. Put a Brit in, any Brit, even one of the 11 year olds from the earlier meeting and they could do as well.

Which brings me to say what a pleasant day out. The 125cc British Final was well worth watching 4/5 genuine overtakes and 3 young lads who must be stars of the future. Well done to the Thompson boys and Harry McGurk. I watched the final last year and it seems to me that they have all progressed. Once again it was such a pleasure to watch them, totally professional, no stupid gardening, up to the tapes and ready go. They acknowledged the crowd and looked to really enjoy themselves.

12 heats and a final done and dusted in 50 minutes, which maybe was a tad too fast but shows what can be done when riders co-operate.

Contrast that with the PL match, started at 1720 Finished at 1910, that's an hour longer for 2 heats extra. Fair enough take out 10 minutes for the kids presentation but it was long drawn out and far too much blooming tractor racing. There was so much I thought I was at Saddlebow Road at one point :mad: The track looked to have much more dirt on the inside today than my two earlier visits and the racing wasn't quite so good as for much of the early part of the meeting there didn't seem to be as many lines.

However the whole afternoon was value for money, I thoroughly enjoyed it and if it hadn't been for my bum hurting the seat :P I might have stayed for the MDL match.

• Like 1

As reported - The 22 year-old Polish ace has been drafted in at reserve by the Panthers and is scheduled to make his debut when they entertain Plymouth on Sunday (June 28) providing the move receives official British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA) clearance.

So, if Rafal has obtained clearance from today, Somerset will not have had the time to officially sign Oliver, who, for a short time, will not be in a declared 1-7, so therefore cannot guest. Does that make sense?

Polish Ace that doesn't race in Poland on a Sunday ?? He's some ace .

Did the draw get made? Never heard it made? Could be sitting here on the winning tickets......

Did the draw get made? Never heard it made? Could be sitting here on the winning tickets......

Blue from memory 741-745. If you win I claim 10% :P

Well thought I would make a trip to this as it was £15 and thought I would get good value for money.Bit disappointed really didn't think the racing was that good.Was it down to it being an afternoon meeting and the track kept drying out so quick.Maybe it didn't seem to good as it wasn't my team racing.There was the odd good race after the early heats.

MPT was the star of the show to me,you always thought he give them to much of a head start to be able to reel them back in.Without Toft I think this would have been a pretty dire meeting.

Memo to Ged Rathbone:

Send Konopka back to smogmonster-land PDQ and bring in another young Brit. We'd prefer to have Greenwood back than what we saw from Konopka today. Utterly useless!

Track was poor - very dry, slick & dusty.

But the racing was better than on Wednesday.

Why oh why does the kids meeting - 13 heats - go on before the PL meeting?

Same happened last year and the track was poor for that PL meeting too.

And the whole meeting was at a snail's pace.

7.30pm finish near enough from a supposed 5pm start.

Only 1 faller - the Fish who got stuck under the fence - but that didn't add too much time to the proceedings.

No-one seemed bothered about moving things along.

OK it didn't start till about 5.20 but it's still far too long for 15 heats.

Lucky the weather was decent.

Panthers were under par throughout apart from MPT who was worth the entrance fee himself.

Lucky he doesn't gate!!

Devils were good value throughout with only guest Williamson slightly off the pace.

Holder looks a good 'un.

Amazed at Risager he came 5-6 feet off the line at times!! Scored about 8 more than I expected!!

So a decent meeting and a big result for Devils.

Panthers are starting to look vulnerable if Simon Lambert doesn't have a good meeting on a track with some grip.

Great post..and even though you are Scottish I completely agree with all of that..all I would add is that Plymouth got away with 3'flyers' though thats no excuse for our poor showing.

Got rid of Olly for Konopka, big mistake I think, only completed one race in which he finished last. Only decent rider today, with the will to win and providing great entertainment was MPT, the rest were average to poor. Plymouth were by far the better team and deserved their victory. Our starting was really bad. No chance of winning the league I think. Ipswich and Plymouth are better teams as they have recently demonstrated as well as our Scottish cousins, Somerset and Sheffield. On current form we will struggle to finish in top six. Disappointing after a good start to the season.

Memo to Ged Rathbone:

Send Konopka back to smogmonster-land PDQ and bring in another young Brit. We'd prefer to have Greenwood back than what we saw from Konopka today. Utterly useless!

So Konopka was reason you lost today that what your saying , not Plymouth were better side and one or two of your supposed better riders had poor heats.

That's his usual trick, Yep!