British Speedway Forum

If Newcastle can't raise a team surely they should forfeit their place and be replaced by the third-placed team in their semi?

If the BSPA are insane enough to stage this on a Thursday in Redcar then I suppose Newcastle will get what they want since all reason seems lost.

We have a whole month to stage this and the best they can come up with is Redcar on a Thursday?

Is the PL adopting EL self-destruction logic?

• Like 2

Yes it is, but having two riders missing Christian and Kerr, Aarnio still nursing ribs and Nielsen dropping his shoulder out doesn't help does it.

Perhaps Aanio's riding in Finland the day after being too injured to ride at Armadale didn't help his ribs? That aside, with so many injuries, you have to allow Newcastle some leeway here, r/r sits better than a guest with me.

• Like 1

Yes it is, but having two riders missing Christian and Kerr, Aarnio still nursing ribs and Nielsen dropping his shoulder out doesn't help does it.

Tsunami, it's difficult not to feel some sympathy for Newcastle, especially given that Kerr's injury occurred in the fours.

But you know how it is, you allow one team a guest, and then the following year, you've got around eight guests in the fours.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS (BLUE)
1. Steve Worrall
2. Tero Aarnio
3. Ludvig Lindgren
4. Anton Rosen
5. Simon Nielsen

Glad they were able to track a team.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

I think we all agree that the date is stupid. But there must be a good reason for it, I just wish the BSPA had the sense to tell us fans (who now can't go) why this date was chosen, when none of the competing teams are riding on the Saturday or Sunday. It's hard to believe that there was not one venue available at the weekend, please BSPA tell us why you chose a Thursday at Redcar, when you originally stated it would be on a Saturday.

Any reason why Redcar couldn't run it on a Saturday or Sunday ?

I thought they had occasional training schools and amateur meetings at weekends.

• Like 1

A couple of quotes from this week's Speedway Star;

Alex Harkess: "The decision was made predominantly by the management committee but in full consultation with the four teams involved at all times. Running it on a Thursday night wasn't our first choice but many, many things had to be taken into account, not least the availability of all the riders. Our first choice would naturally have been to stage it at the weekend but the riders from all four teams were never available at the same time due to other commitments elsewhere."

Brian Havelock: "We didn't know anything about it until it landed on our doorstep but we are over the moon that we got it. We never applied and, although I know there were one or two tracks being considered, I didn't realise that we were one of them."

(hope i'm wrong) but personally I think a low key meeting in low key surroundings will disguise the low turn-out which actually won't look too bad at the STMP..

seems reasonable for it to be held further north than south too..

• Like 1

Just hope all come through without further injury.

Edited by bobh

Any reason why Redcar couldn't run it on a Saturday or Sunday ?

I thought they had occasional training schools and amateur meetings at weekends.

There is no reason, why Redcar could not run this at the weekend. It seems (from Alex Harkness) that the overriding factor, in choosing the day, was rider availability.

• Like 2

Well as normal if you look at the Witches website you wouldn't even know we were in the final? No mention on there as yet and the meeting is tomorrow!!!!

Looks like the shutters have already been pulled down for this season, oh well lets look to 2016 & hope the webmaster's interest returns in the new year.

A couple of quotes from this week's Speedway Star;

Alex Harkess: "The decision was made predominantly by the management committee but in full consultation with the four teams involved at all times. Running it on a Thursday night wasn't our first choice but many, many things had to be taken into account, not least the availability of all the riders. Our first choice would naturally have been to stage it at the weekend but the riders from all four teams were never available at the same time due to other commitments elsewhere."

Brian Havelock: "We didn't know anything about it until it landed on our doorstep but we are over the moon that we got it. We never applied and, although I know there were one or two tracks being considered, I didn't realise that we were one of them."

Nobody can blame Redcar Speedway for staging this Event - I hope that it is a good and profitable Meeting for them.

• Like 1

Nobody can blame Redcar Speedway for staging this Event - I hope that it is a good and profitable Meeting for them.

I think that the 4's is a 'shared' event, meaning the meeting profit is shared out to the other promotions at the end of the season, along with the other profits from the other shared events. Redcar might get the running costs plus possibly programme, and bar and refreshments facilities.

• Like 1

I think that the 4's is a 'shared' event, meaning the meeting profit is shared out to the other promotions at the end of the season, along with the other profits from the other shared events. Redcar might get the running costs plus possibly programme, and bar and refreshments facilities.

Thanks for pointing that out Dave. :t:

I still hope it goes well for them. :t: