British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Coventry

Roynons last ride deserves a mention too.

What happened to the rule where riders were excluded for not making a genuine attempt to race? I remember Luke Bowen( Rye House) getting excluded at Newcastle a few years back after being in the same situation as Adam Roynon was last night

I know Coventry lost Robson, but their Reserves, more than amply covered his rides,

Coventry only scored 2 points from Robson's programmed rides. Good tactics by Havelock in switching the reserves around to make use of Garrity's form had a major impact on the final score.

I know Coventry lost Robson, but their Reserves, more than amply covered his rides

I disagree. IRR only scored 2points for Robson's rides. I believe he would have scored more than that esp with Lakeside being one of his best tracks. However when we get 2 from Robbo's rides & only 1 from King's,as well as a out of form 2nd reserve and still get an away draw, I am more than happy. Credit to Garrity,Hans & Harris.

• Like 1

To me heat 15 looked suspiciously like a "Fix". Anderson was so far in front that no way could AJ catch and pass him. I wonder if they all had money on the result :wink:

Why oh why was Kennett given heat 15, he even said on camera that Lawson should be in... :o

Although all attention on AJ for getting the draw on the last lap of heat 15, without Adam Roynon's bravery to go out for the one point in heat 12, Coventry would have pinched the win. Not sure it was the wisest move but let's at least give him full credit for his bravery! That must have been agony out the start alone as the bike pulled, let alone keeping on the same lap to avoid exclusion.

• Like 2

Richard Lawson was not in the heat 15 line up as he was not qualified to be in it as one of the Vortex Hammers top three scorers.

Speedway recovery firstly to Adam Roynon who has confirmed that he's dislocated his previously broken collarbone; Adam Ellis who we await news from regarding the full extent of his hand injury and to Robbo with the hope that you're not feeling too ropey this morning!

• Like 3

Coventry only scored 2 points from Robson's programmed rides. Good tactics by Havelock in switching the reserves around to make use of Garrity's form had a major impact on the final score.

I've often criticized Havvy but he was on the ball last night and got it spot on. Fair play.

As for Roynon, surely the doctor should NOT be letting someone with broken bones (turns out it's a dislocated rather than broke), it could have had all sorts of implications. Fair play to him though.

Same for Janowski ??

I don't have an issue with Sarjeant trying to get away with a roller, a lot of top riders do it. The difference being when Janowski gets caught he doesn't throw a strop at the officials and doesn't persist in doing it until he's excluded.

It doesn't help that Havvy keeps calling them perfect starts. I understand backing your rider, but if multiple officials at multiple meetings say your boy is jumping, then guess what? He's jumping. He's not going to learn if you keep defending him. He's got a lot of potential but his starts and attitude are his enemy at the moment.

• Like 2

I don't have an issue with Sarjeant trying to get away with a roller, a lot of top riders do it. The difference being when Janowski gets caught he doesn't throw a strop at the officials and doesn't persist in doing it until he's excluded.

It doesn't help that Havvy keeps calling them perfect starts. I understand backing your rider, but if multiple officials at multiple meetings say your boy is jumping, then guess what? He's jumping. He's not going to learn if you keep defending him. He's got a lot of potential but his starts and attitude are his enemy at the moment.

My issue with it is that he does it in a race where he been put in as a reserve change for Garrity or where Garrity is in the race, that means if it goes wrong then he has to go from 15. By all means risk it in a race where Garrity can replace him if it goes wrong, but he's good enough in the reserve races to get a 3rd by not risking it most of the time.

Garrity seems to be a bit better at it! He rolls rather than does a Sarj anticipate. Rolling you can stop, anticipation you're going one you have decided thats it.

Whichever way you look at it Garrity had 3 extra rides. Robson injury meant he was replaced by the reserve riders, (i.e Sarjeant and Garrity). Bearing in mind Sarjeant would have had only 3 rides any way, it was only the manipulations from Havvy on who took, what rides. The facts are Garrity scored Pd 8 from his extra rides, and without the injury to Robson he would not had been able to have done that.

I'm not criticising anybody, merely pointing out that Lakeside's injury to riders was felt more then that to Coventry's...... If it wasn't for the 5 points given to the Bees in heat 12 they would have lost......... :wink:

• Like 1

Richard Lawson was not in the heat 15 line up as he was not qualified to be in it as one of the Vortex Hammers top three scorers.

Speedway recovery firstly to Adam Roynon who has confirmed that he's dislocated his previously broken collarbone; Adam Ellis who we await news from regarding the full extent of his hand injury and to Robbo with the hope that you're not feeling too ropey this morning!

Unfortunately for Lakeside their reserves cost them although fair play to Roynon who trundled round to get a valuable point that mean't a draw in the end and he won heat 12 at Wolves which mean't a win for Wolves.

I would have thought with Kennett's obvious misgivings about heat 15, if Lawson was ineligible then Bech could have done it.

Not forgetting that in all of this, one person in particular on here will be of the opinion that it was Davey Watt's brilliant contribution of 5 points from four rides (again) that saved the day for Lakeside. Clearly, had Kim Nilsson been fit and riding, we'd potentially not got anything from last night. Thank heaven that Davey Watt was there to save us. ;)

• Like 2

I hear what you're saying but sadly the fans just haven't taken to it though have they?

Last season Kings Lynn came to Belle Vue for their last away meeting, an away win crucial for top and nobody from the away team could be bothered. Lakeside would have been swamped with yellow and black last night had Coventry been racing for the league instead of just 'top'.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, here's what one of the most respected forum members posted during last year's pokc discussions, I think he may well be right again.

By the way, in my experience winning the league away is incredibly satisfying.

Here I'll share one of them

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RTSgYofMZ6U

Why would you travel all the to Manchester from Kings Lynn for crap racing when your likely to lose and your team is half guests.

Edited by foreverblue

Can more than one rider end up off 15 metres in the same race? For example, ht 2, blue gets exc for tapes, goes off 15 metres, in the restaging, white touches tapes, gets exc and also has to go off 15 metres and then yellow/black touches tapes and also gets to go off 15 metres..... Is this possible, and has it ever happened in any British League???

Worky v Newcastle on the 11th July this year, Lewis Kerr and Kenneth Hansen both off 15 mts in ht 3.

Adam Roynon brave or crazy to get a point for Lakeside in his last ride, just as important as AJ,s win!!

Get well soon Adam.