British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Gorzow Gp 29 August

Chris Holders interview may have been a short one, but it spoke a thousand words. Huge respect to the guy just for turning up never mind the way he raced.

• Like 4

Excellent racing last night which was an absolute treat to watch at 3am.

Tai in Heat 4 and 11 I think it was with Pedersen was superb to watch unfold. I thought Doyle was far too eager to nip up the inside and wipe out NP and MZ. A couple of incidents recently involving Doyle haven't gone unnoticed comparing him to Nicki's rougher style.

Hope to see more of Bart next season. Just wonder if they'll be looking at him as a possible wild card next season.

Holder showed tremendous character riding in the meeting. In hindsight I suspect Steve should have left him alone in the end.

I think realistically two more good rounds from Tai should be enough to complete the job for the remaining fixtures leading to Australia.

Zmarzlik will be in the GP-challenge next week so he have a good chance of qualifying.

A real good night terrific racing,Tai awesome tonight a great track (puts our tracks and facilities to shame)and a great crowd.Iversen,Zmarzlik,Kildemand,Zagar all rode well at times tonight speedway was the winner.

• Like 1

In hindsight I suspect Steve should have left him alone in the end.

I would guess Chris had agreed to it being a professional, however it would have been much better IMHO to have taped an interview some time before the meeting and shown that.

I'm sure that tonight was hard on all of the riders.....

It was very hard to see Chris Holder so broken... :cry:

Am I alone in thinking that there was an attitude towards one particular rider tonight?

Pedersen was heard later in the pits, sobbing a quote from a 'Carry on...' film - "Infamy, infamy........they've all got it in for me!" :D

Having said that with slight tongue in cheek, I do get the impression that certain groups of riders - and not only Monster riders - will do almost anything to baulk NP at every opportunity!!

Pedersen was heard later in the pits, sobbing a quote from a 'Carry on...' film - "Infamy, infamy........they've all got it in for me!" :D

Having said that with slight tongue in cheek, I do get the impression that certain groups of riders - and not only Monster riders - will do almost anything to baulk NP at every opportunity!!

Yeh, me too!

You do get the impression Nicki's chickens have come home to roost!

• Like 1

You do get the impression Nicki's chickens have come home to roost!

In what way, Pedersen is still fighting for a World title, unlikely yes, but still fighting.

In what way, Pedersen is still fighting for a World title, unlikely yes, but still fighting.

'Chickens coming home to roost' is an old saying, meaning past misdemeanors coming back to haunt you.

It probably explains why Nicki gets baulked and barged about by most of his opponents these days.

• Like 1

Is this the first time Doyle has used a neck brace? Also had different lids as well I think? Cannot remember seeing him in one before.....

An excellent gp...The Best for ages and ages..Until the end when they overwatered the track..IMO.

Until the end when they overwatered the track..IMO.

Local boy off gate 1, water the rest of the track...

Niamh

• Like 1

Think JD has been wearing the brace a a good while didn't he have a neck injury a few years ago.

I'd agree TW came across in a bad light with the swearing a big surprise as he's normally so professional

Chris Holder's interview IMO could've been handled a lot better there's no doubting he's probably had the most stressful week of his life.