British Speedway Forum

I was very sad to hear the decision made by the promotion on Sunday.

I think John Anderson has tried very hard to establish speedway at Berwick and deserves a great deal of credit for that.

Fingers crossed a purchaser comes forward.

One thing : Mr Anderson has to retain the catering rights. Berwick is the only place I eat speedway food and it is rightly renowned for its quality.

Maybe the catering facilities would be part of the negotiations when or if a buy out happens. At a guess I think we would need to hear something fairly soon as with the consortium coming in last year Berwick will need to give an intention of running or not before this year BSPA conference.

Maybe the catering facilities would be part of the negotiations when or if a buy out happens. At a guess I think we would need to hear something fairly soon as with the consortium coming in last year Berwick will need to give an intention of running or not before this year BSPA conference.

The BSPA could give them an extension on their intention to run, to give them extra time (if needed) to find a buyer.

• Like 2

The BSPA could give them an extension on their intention to run, to give them extra time (if needed) to find a buyer.

Looking through last years Newsletters, the annual appeal was launched on August 12, and the go ahead announced on October 8.

Hope that the cry hasn't gone out too late this season.

When do the BSPA meet?

THE STATEMENT AND BEYOND
------------------------------------------------------------
At this point in time, there is nothing to be added to, or further said about the statement contained in your last edition of Banditmail.

"As we emphasised, enquiries are being treated in strict confidence" said John Anderson, speaking for Ryan and George yesterday. "Until we have reached agreement with a preferred bidder, we do not expect to be making any further public statements".

The above taken from newsletter:-

A bit baffled with 'A PREFERRED BIDDER'

Didn't with us when for 1998 we are unable to declare because of the previous stadium owner going bust, and 3 new buyers under discussion who had all said they wanted us to stay. We were signing riders, and we were included in all the cups and league fixtures, started the first fixtures, and then received a bill for £5k for a late declaration. :mad::nono:

Flipside was nobody had picked up Nicki P and we signed him.

Edited by Tsunami

If there is more than one? They may decide who they think is the best option for the club?

Hopefully if there is one or more interested parties they will go with the one who will secure the future of Berwick Speedway.

• Like 4

Good luck to Berwick and their loyal band of supporters.

No team is 100% safe these days and it is worrying times for folks with "speedway in their veins"

Hopefully if there is one or more interested parties they will go with the one who will secure the future of Berwick Speedway.

To amplify your wish, I hope they will go with the one who will secure the long-term future of Berwick speedway

To amplify your wish, I hope they will go with the one who will secure the long-term future of Berwick speedway

The Andersons "motto "was always about the long term future of Berwick.

THE STATEMENT AND BEYOND

------------------------------------------------------------

At this point in time, there is nothing to be added to, or further said about the statement contained in your last edition of Banditmail.

"As we emphasised, enquiries are being treated in strict confidence" said John Anderson, speaking for Ryan and George yesterday. "Until we have reached agreement with a preferred bidder, we do not expect to be making any further public statements".

The above taken from newsletter:-

A bit baffled with 'A PREFERRED BIDDER'

Preferred bidder for who though.

Preferred bidder for who though.

A preferred bidder would surely be one whose bid (for anything) matched the financial and moral requirements of a vendor.

But as they say "we do not expect to be making any further public statements" I guess that's that until a (hopefully positive) announcement is made.

A preferred bidder would surely be one whose bid (for anything) matched the financial and moral requirements of a vendor.

But as they say "we do not expect to be making any further public statements" I guess that's that until a (hopefully positive) announcement is made.

Moral requirements ! You mean like Terry Lindon's ?

Any bidder will have their own value on Berwick Speedway, their own budget and what they are willing to pay, what the current owners value it as doesn't make to much difference, its worth what someone is willing to pay, not unless the current owners have decided they wont sell until someone matches their valuation.

• Like 1