British Speedway Forum
Robinh88

Where Was Cookie Today?

It will depend on whether he can get team spots abroad.

Mind you on current team strengths we would have to drop about 5 points next year even if the limit stayed at 42.5, so if he went we would only need to replace him with a 5 pointer and keep the rest.

I'm sue Kaiser Kevin can put another full point on his average next season!!

Mind you on current team strengths we would have to drop about 5 points next year even if the limit stayed at 42.5, so if he went we would only need to replace him with a 5 pointer and keep the rest.

or he could go back to glasgow form and loose 2 points

I hope Cook does . He'll be missed at PL level , but I don't think he's reached his peak yet and from a British point of view it would be nice if he could reach the next level . We only have Woffinden and to a lesser extent , Harris

• Like 3

That would need a change in GB management though.......rosco only picks his pals.......

Yeah he certainly doesn't back all the Brits, look how he shafted Howarth for a couple of suspect foreigners!!

According to the article in the Speedway Star , this week , he reckons it's time to kiss the Premier League goodbye . We shall see

I think that contradicts what he said in the same magazine a couple of weeks ago, maybe the Monarchs have told him he wont be need there. So that would mean Cook finding a new team in the PL, even on a high average there`s bound to be teams tempted to give him a shot.

I think that contradicts what he said in the same magazine a couple of weeks ago, maybe the Monarchs have told him he wont be need there. So that would mean Cook finding a new team in the PL, even on a high average there`s bound to be teams tempted to give him a shot.

High average or not , teams would be falling over themselves to have him in their side . But reading that article , and his feelings towards last week's PLRC , makes me think he has tired of PL racing and sees himself going higher .

But what did he actually say?

If you buy the Speedway Star - you will find out. :o;):D :D :P

• Like 3

Yeah he certainly doesn't back all the Brits, look how he shafted Howarth for a couple of suspect foreigners!!

But to fit Darcy Ward in the team, they had to let either Howarth or Zengota go. Tough choice, but how could you turn down the chance to sign Darcy Ward?

Could have been heat of the moment stuff after losing the PLRC? He did say 2/3 of his earnings came from the Premier League. Is he going to give that up to take a chance on Poland? The GB fan in me wants to see him show some ambition. But the Berwick fan in me would miss that pantomime villain and the feeling you get when one of the Berwick riders beats him.

• Like 1

The very top riders don't make mistakes in finals. That's what separates the men from the boys.

You're right there. Mauger would never fall in a run off for the world title. Nielsen would never make a mistake to cost himself the title. Or lose a run off or three. Nicki p has never fallen or been excluded in an important gp... Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 2

just letting people know that the best rider in the pl should be a workington tonight (saturday ) i know people worry of his whereabouts.

Edited by jenga

Simon Stead is injured

Seeing that Stead isn't declared in any PL 1 to 7 he can't possibly be. So going by the averages i'll think you will find that Cook is in fact the best rider in the league.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2