British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Edinburgh 12/09/15 19:00 Hrs (pl)

just a quick rain update for the travelling hoards of endiburgh fans. its been raining quite a lot and constant. comet dan is ,part of the official , unofficial workington team and has had a visit to the track. he says its dry , apart from 2 puddles on the home straight. meeting should be ok to go as its quite bright and the wee suns trying to get out. no more rain forecast till 2morrow. so should be a goer. everyone welcome. 7pm start. see official or unofficial comets sites for up to date reports. looks good to me..

• Like 1

Spent the morning at the track, had a heavy shower but not much since, all will be ok as long as there are no further heavy prolonged showers this afternoon. Cookie will fancy a track record tonight, but so will Kenneth and Ricky...

i fancy a curry :icon_smile_clown: .

blue skies, bit o sun, but really cold. bring your billy warmer.

Edited by jenga

Well done Hynek 12+ 3 from 7 rides will be more difficult tomorrow against the Rockets

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Comets on being the only PL team with a 100% home record in all competitions this Season.

• Like 2

good to see Workington ending on a good note getting wells signed for next season after a tough season

give the fans some encouragement for next season

• Like 2

Well done to the Comets :D looks like Hynek had another good meeting after last week.

• Like 2

Hynek was great tonight, really battled for his points. Track was drier tonight (probably due to the weather and amount of watering?) which meant it wasn't as good racing as previous weeks but I thought Rene's last 2 heats were really great, not seen that enough which is a shame because he's great like that.

Great news about Ricky and Kenneth returning, was a great way to do it at the beginning and end of the meeting, created a bit of a show

• Like 1

Well, not as good as last week but still a compelling match nonetheless!!

Excellent choice of guest in Stichauer, battled well for everything he got and deserved top spot, very good efforts from Ricky/Rene and Kenneth but a bit disappointing from Kyle and Matt, bad season all round for one and too many visits to the floor for the other has done for them and it showed tonight?

Still, all points were needed again and a 100% home record achieved as a result so more than happy with that, at least we've got that to be proud of!! :t:

Couple of good signings for next season I'd say with Ricky and Kenneth, two pretty solid performers and a good starting point to build on, whom else we get now is open to debate over this sadly extended close season but it will be interesting to see what develops over the coming months, look forward to that usual rider go round starting up again? ;)

By the way, almost imperious performance from Cookie tonight, if he'd just waited for the tapes to go up in Ht1, 15pt max without question, we had nothing to touch him, hmmm, think 10pt average is a bit rich for us, shame tho!! :D

I thought it was another highly entertaining meeting at DP - despite the fact that I was outed by the Hogster over the mic :o:D

The highlight had to be Hansen's brilliant ride to pass Sedgmen in heat 8, because he tried everything before succeeding.

Fantastic news that the Comets will be racing next season, and two very good signings - Wells in particular, because he has stepped up to be a genuine PL no 1 this season.

I don't apologise for saying again that Workington have the cheapest speedway in the PL, excellent racing, good presentation and little delay. Fingers crossed that they will get the gates they deserve in 2016.

• Like 4

Couple of good signings for next season I'd say with Ricky and Kenneth :D

Thereafter the rest of the team should be moved on, perhaps with the exception of Wethers. To bring back the fans the team needs to be refreshed and not the same old tired line up of Bach, Howarth etc. Josh Grajczonek never did ride in Poland, perhaps he could be tempted back and be the genuine No1 Worky are crying out for.

I take it the ridiculous double-up situation isn't getting addressed in 2016 then? No way Wells will ride PL only surely?

Thereafter the rest of the team should be moved on, perhaps with the exception of Wethers. To bring back the fans the team needs to be refreshed and not the same old tired line up of Bach, Howarth etc. Josh Grajczonek never did ride in Poland, perhaps he could be tempted back and be the genuine No1 Worky are crying out for.

if scrabbleman came back, there would be fans missing from the terraces.