British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

In your humble opinion. So what should Lakeside have done and what do you think the outcome would have been?

Should never allowed the match to called off and when it was make a appeal kick off in the press etc etc ....the bottom line thou cook has always got a lot to say this time we here nothing from him ...as has been said yet again he rolled over for Poole .

Thought this was a Kingslynn thread !!

I thought it was to.There is 2 extra pages since I last looked,i thought Lynn may have signed someone.But no it seems to have turned into a Poole debate again :nono:

Obviously in the incident you are referring to Lakeside simply rolled over and accept Poole cancelling the meeting.

However, rolling over and accepting breaking rules occurred in another match between the two, the first Lakeside meeting following Lee Richardson's death.

Poole were planning to use Sam Masters, who was doubling up that year with Lindgren at No 2. However he failed a fitness test. That then meant they had to use a facility, which the RULE stated is for the lowest averaging double up rider (lindgren). Hence Poole should have had a guest at reserve.

Instead they illegally used Rider Replacement at No 2 for Sam Masters. Lakeside rolled over and accepted it.

Only you could me so insensitive and dredge up something that happened in a highly charged emotional meeting three days after the Lakeside captain was fatally injured. It a very emotional meeting for obvious reasons . Both sides had various problems with their teams. The promotions for both sides agreed the important thing was to,put on a show for the crowd without bickering. Lakeside also fielded a technically illegal team that night using two riders who shared a d/u berth. Poole agreed to that, so by your terms of reference they rolled over and accepted it as well. The referee approved both line ups. The rider who took Masters rides failed to score in those rides as I recall so a protest would have made no difference anyway.

Given the sensitivity of the occasion I would say practically every fan with a grain of decency would say the trade off between the two teams to put a decent match on was reasonable and sensible in the circumstances. Pity you don't see it that way.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

Only you could me so insensitive and dredge up something that happened in a highly charged emotional meeting three days after the Lakeside captain was fatally injured.

This is always brought up as a defence. I'd argue it was sick of Poole to cheat against Lakeside days after their captain and number 1 had been killed on track.

The line of, "The promotions for both sides agreed the important thing was to,put on a show for the crowd without bickering." is bullrubbish. That could have been done by following the rules.

There was no logical reason why Mateusz Szczepaniak could not have been moved from 6 to 2 and Todd Kurtz moved form 2 to 6 and the team be legal. So why not just do it? Poole didn't want to as it meant having a stronger reserve this way, thus cheating. Lakeside were understandably in no state to argue so "rolled over" for Poole.

Edited by SCB

Only you could me so insensitive and dredge up something that happened in a highly charged emotional meeting three days after the Lakeside captain was fatally injured. It a very emotional meeting for obvious reasons . Both sides had various problems with their teams. The promotions for both sides agreed the important thing was to,put on a show for the crowd without bickering. Lakeside also fielded a technically illegal team that night using two riders who shared a d/u berth. Poole agreed to that, so by your terms of reference they rolled over and accepted it as well. The referee approved both line ups. The rider who took Masters rides failed to score in those rides as I recall so a protest would have made no difference anyway.

Given the sensitivity of the occasion I would say practically every fan with a grain of decency would say the trade off between the two teams to put a decent match on was reasonable and sensible in the circumstances. Pity you don't see it that way.

I would say it was more insensitive to cheat ..there was no reason for the teams be like the meeting could been run to the rules quite easy . Poole agree to what give them most chance of winning .

So on a night when a rider was being remembered, "Rule breaking" was decided as the best way to honour him.

There is absolutely nothing insensitive at all about bringing up an occasion (as asked) when rules were broken.

Apologies to Kings Lynn fans, I was asked a question, I've answered it... some don't like the answer of course.

Now its been proven that Lakeside roll over for Poole, back to the thread, which is Kings Lynn.

Why not set up another bloody page and do this crap else where Lynn fans don't want this on there page 😤

• Like 2

Meanwhile back at the ranch......The Clock is ticking away to the start of the season and still no hint at Kings Lynn having talked a Number one into joining. This is so un Busteresk. Normally he doesnt leave things to chance or the last minute, but it seems we cannot have too many options, if any.

Edited by semion

Yes there is, knowingly allowing another team to break the rules and allowing it is rolling over.

So what rule have we broken for this years team building?

Could I politely remind you , this thread is entitled Kings Lynn 2016.

If anyone wants to debate other teams and previous seasons can I respectfully request you go to your own playgrounds and quarrel.

We have enough problems without putting up with old arguments that will change nothing.

• Like 3

So on a night when a rider was being remembered, "Rule breaking" was decided as the best way to honour him.

There is absolutely nothing insensitive at all about bringing up an occasion (as asked) when rules were broke.

It was previously agreed that both sides could use there D/u riders hence Lakeside also had both their d/u riders who should have shared the same berth and would not normally have been riding in the same match . Therefore Poole also "rolled over" in your words and agreed to that. To a normal person was a trade off to get a decent match on in unusual circumstances. Read what people were saying at the time about the match being a fitting tribute.

Meanwhile back at the ranch......The Clock is tiocking away to the start of the season and still no hint at Kings Lynn having talked a Number one into joining. This is so un Busteresk. Normally he doesnt leave things to chance or the last minute, but it seems we cannot have too many opitions, if any.

in my opinion Kenneth is favourite for the no 1 position each day that passes looks more and more likely it wil be him .

Could I politely remind you , this thread is entitled Kings Lynn 2016.

If anyone wants to debate other teams and previous seasons can I respectfully request you go to your own playgrounds and quarrel.

We have enough problems without putting up with old arguments that will change nothing.

Why Polite ? No need to change just for that poster. :wink:

Edited by semion

How many points do the Stars have available for their last two riders - I haven't a clue what average Mads Korneliussen would start on?