British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

In an ideal world then yes Niels would stay, Batchelor could fit for Huckenbeck if he is struggling, and Huckenbeck could take the 'Young Foreign #8 role' and not technically be sacked, as he'd still be available to use in the top 5 at any point.

As I understand the rules he couldn't, it's for young foreigners with no British experience, which he will have had at that point.

Mind you that rule (and quite a few others) have never been properly explained so it's anyone's guess.

I watched Kai Huckenbeck in the Best Pairs, and was very impressed. He wasn't phased by the opposition and was up against the likes of Iversen, Nicki Pedersen, the Laguta brothers and Chris Holder. He was right up Lagutas exhaust pipe for four laps, beat Chris Holder and Dakota North, and even got past Iversen from the back (briefly!) so don't write him off before he has ridden, as we may be in for a surprise. I wondered if he was a mate of Robert Lamberts, as the two have been practicing at Saddlebow Rd together, and of course Robert rode a lot in Germany before his British career started. I'm looking forward to seeing the two "young guns" together in a race, as I think they will make a great partnership. Roll on the start of the League campaign!

• Like 3

I just don't see how it would he wrong. If its within the limit then no problem for me, unless if course there is two suspicious efs like Batchelor last season 😉

It is wrong as anything that's open to manipulation should be stopped.

I believe they brought in a like for like policy a couple of seasons ago which to me helps eliminate any chances of trying to bend the averages to suit, just as the obvious efs for troy last year to get darcy in. Just wrong in my eyes.

any team below the points limit can build up to it that's no issue. Trying to bend the rules like Swindon did last year should be cut out.

• Like 1

It is wrong as anything that's open to manipulation should be stopped.

I believe they brought in a like for like policy a couple of seasons ago which to me helps eliminate any chances of trying to bend the averages to suit, just as the obvious efs for troy last year to get darcy in. Just wrong in my eyes.

any team below the points limit can build up to it that's no issue. Trying to bend the rules like Swindon did last year should be cut out.

Swindon were "Alleged" to have done last season Steve😉😉

• Like 2

Swindon were "Alleged" to have done last season Steve

Of course. :rofl:

Any news on who is being brought in to guest in the Polish challenge fixture ?

I assume both Niels and Kai will be available

Who do Stars need a guest for is someone missing from the team.

The last time we faced Polish opposition we were allowed a guest to strengthen the side up.This was to try and make the sides a bit more even.

Edited by tellboy

It was Tai Woffinden, but we needed somebody to guest as Robert hadn't quite turned 16 IIRC.

Could this be a little one sided ? thinking in particular at Reserve, or will Wroclaw not bring their full 'A' Team ?

What does "IIRC" mean?

If I Remember Correctly

• Like 1