British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

I don't think some people appreciate quite what a high risk sport Speedway is, tbh. Forget who's to blame - there must be action to stop this ever happening again. Thankfully no one was hurt but I was glad when the race was over, it could have been a disaster for Speedway had something happened and it was found out he'd been allowed to start without eye protection as required by the rules. Live on TV, rider injured because the sport failed to enforce it's own rules. And it was mentioned on here as soon as it happened and BEFORE Nigel and Kelvin had even realised it was illegal.

Roll on tomorrow night, though. I have a hunch it might be closer than some think.

Even if Kacper is not fit, R/R will cover his absence. Extra rides for Watt, Newman, Starke = 7-8 points.

Newman shouldn't have ridden without goggles. That was his choice, the rule was broken, so he should be disqualified with his 2pts taken away. Heat becomes 3-3.

That is not anti Poole but is pro the rules being adhered to. Same for both teams.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

In sport, the Americans like the word momentum and I believe that the last three heats saw a momentum shift towards The Aces. Our riders are more than capable of winning at Wimborne Road and with Honest Ron as track curator, maybe Poole will suffer with track conditions not being to their liking. Gomolski has been scoring well for Poole and if he is suffering from his fall, the door might be open for us to take full advantage of.

Hopefully the reserves will perform to their full capability tomorrow - if they do, we have a great chance.

Love your optimism. Hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking it will be something like 51-38.....or possibly even more.

• Like 1

Last heat decider with zagar cook holder janowski would be just too exciting..here's hoping.

riders have been excluded for the wong helmet colour....now that is really dangerous

How is title decided if the second leg is also tied?

How is title decided if the second leg is also tied?

It's decided in November after a hearing on Gogglegate.

I hope Newman's points aren't removed from that race. He won them fair and square. I suspect he will receive a fine for racing without goggles.

• Like 1

Good luck to both teams tonight - I hope it's a good meeting and BV turn up and go for it. Sadly I think it will be an easy victory for Poole with little resistance from BV - but stranger things can happen

I suspect he will receive a fine for racing without goggles.

If that's the case, and you are probably right, the referee should be fined big time. It's not just a matter of rules, it's a matter of safety,

• Like 1

It's decided in November after a hearing on Gogglegate.

I hope Newman's points aren't removed from that race. He won them fair and square. I suspect he will receive a fine for racing without goggles.

Agree with that 100%, he did win the points fair & square. Hopefully tonight's meeting will be decided by more than 2 points on aggregate and we can put this to bed, yes it's filled the pages for 2 days but it was just an example of a rider so fired up to get the win for his team that he would have rode that race whatever item of his protective wear had malfunctioned.

If the Belle Vue 1-7 show that kind of passion tonight then I'll be happy enough.

• Like 3

I am not criticisnig Kyle Newman at all but I wonder if he knew that it was breaking the rules not wearing them,,,,,,

The clock was ticking and he lined up in time ... just....

It is the referee that got it wrong once he knows goggles weren't worn...

On my way to Poole today...... hoping for a good match and the right result for Belle Vue.

We may now be considered the underdogs...... but I am sure that Belle Vue will fight all the way.

• Like 1

While he inadvertently broke the rules ,do you not think he would have pulled up if he had missed the gate!.Hope a decision is made before tonight's match though ,it's not too difficult one way or another.Personaly I would let the result stand and fine the rider .Should the ref not have ordered a rerun of the heat on the night if Lemon protested.Lemon probably heard Pearson ranting and raving about Newman without goggles before he done any thing about it.!!!!

• Like 2

I am not criticisnig Kyle Newman at all but I wonder if he knew that it was breaking the rules not wearing them,,,,,,

The clock was ticking and he lined up in time ... just....

It is the referee that got it wrong once he knows goggles weren't worn...

On my way to Poole today...... hoping for a good match and the right result for Belle Vue.

We may now be considered the underdogs...... but I am sure that Belle Vue will fight all the way.

Why are you shouting?

Have a great trip, here's hoping for an Aces triumph.