British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Cracking song to finish the program,raise some he'll.that's how speedway should be promoted in my book.not as a family sport.all nicey nicey rubbish.lol

• Like 1

Whatever the rights & wrongs of gogglegate, both legs made that a fantastic final which was a credit to both teams and both sets of fans.

Very true and despite the "gogglegate" scenario, I'm pleased for DARCY that Poole won, it must have lifted his spirits.

• Like 1

Well I'm sure the goggles discussion will be seen as the biggest controversy in speedway since Carter v Penhall by the select few on here, but seriously. Think about it.

People believe Poole are not true champion because in one ride they got a 5-1 with one rider not wearing goggles.

It's ridiculous, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussions!

Too true! Now Carter v Penhall, that WAS an incident work debating!!

This is all nonsense. Meeting essentially ended in Ht14.

Whatever the rights & wrongs of, both legs made that a fantastic final which was a credit to both teams and both sets of fans.

Well said!

To take points off of someone for not wearing goggles is ridiculous anyway, their have been plenty of riders who take them off after a lap anyway. The best team won over two legs.

Yes I was , as the BEST Poole could have got from that heat would have been 3 - 3 and therefore 2 less points for them and 2 more for Belle Vue.

Fair enough but wouldn't kyle have gone off 15m? The way he was riding who's to say he couldn't have chased the BV riders down?

BV deserve huge credit for contributing to a fabulous final and can count themselves unlucky.

Unlucky Belle Vue thought you rode your socks off tonight.

Cookie is becoming a favourite of mine,just hope he can make the next step up next year.He was absolutely awesome tonight and on Monday.

People blaming Belle Vue losing this tie on Monday but I think it was lost at the start of the season with how the FTRs were sorted :P .Over the 2 legs Pooles FTRs outscored Belle Vues by 29-10.So Belle Vues top 5 outscored Pooles by 17 points which is pretty good in itself.

Lets see if the SCB have any balls now and let them share the trophy :t:

Very disappointed. Congratulations to Poole. SCB let the sport down again. A statement should have been made regards "gogglegate" before the meeting as it is quite clear that they were just hoping it would be an easy Poole win and that would be that, It wouldn't matter. But it does matter...

• Like 2

Fair enough but wouldn't kyle have gone off 15m? The way he was riding who's to say he couldn't have chased the BV riders down?

BV deserve huge credit for contributing to a fabulous final and can count themselves unlucky.

Well, yes that WOULD have been possible so therefore it probably also negates the argument about the "2 "points altogether then as Poole could still have got a 5 -1 even if the referee/starter had had done their job correctly!

• Like 1

Very disappointed. Congratulations to Poole. SCB let the sport down again. A statement should have been made regards "gogglegate" before the meeting as it is quite clear that they were just hoping it would be an easy Poole win and that would be that, It wouldn't matter. But it does matter...

When the SCB do announce their decision, it will just be yet another fudge in all probability.

• Like 1

RUBBISH!.............................but not in the way you think I mean it!!...IF people actually thought about things rather than just follow the others like sheep, you'd realise that IF Newman had been disqualified from that heat on Monday (rightly or wrongly), then Poole would have had 2 less points and Belle Vue 2 MORE, so it WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A GOLDEN HEAT at all!!!..........I wish people would actually think before they post!!

Too right - fantastic post. It appears CHEATS do prosper after all. And they say football is corrupt. so sorry for the supporters of speedway as they are the innocent ones who spend time and money on the "sport" and being treated like idiots.

• Like 1

Well, yes that WOULD have been possible so therefore it probably also negates the argument about the "2 "points altogether then as Poole could still have got a 5 -1 even if the referee/starter had had done their job correctly!

start marshalls are pretty much powerless, when they do tell a rider to move over they just get shouted at..notsince chenery have I seen a dominant start marshall with authority

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 1

start marshalls are pretty much powerless, when they do tell a rider to move over they just get shouted at..notsince chenery have I seen a dominant start marshall with authority

I DO agree with that!!.....they really are pointless 99% of the time and the riders will do what they want, WHEN they want, 99% of the time too!! :)

• Like 1

Refs really shouldnt get decisions wrong in the biggest meeting in British speedway... With multiple cameras... If Bv questioned it, it would have taken seconds to review footage and therefore not causing all the fuss.

Refs really shouldnt get decisions wrong in the biggest meeting in British speedway... With multiple cameras... If Bv questioned it, it would have taken seconds to review footage and therefore not causing all the fuss.

start line technology??