British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

Unquestionably the best signing in the PL for 2016 is Lambert.

When he was up at Armadale he came across as a modest youngster in the pits, not the Billy Big Time some on here claim.

Given his tender years and the parental support he has had from an early age, it is not unreasonable Ma & Pa are protective of their son's speedway career and they should be given some slack on here by certain snide critics.

To be fair, any responsible parent would protect and look out for their kids in any walk of life... Especially when working and dealing with adults.... Id do exactly the same, and it hadnt done him much harm so far... Hes only 17/18 and is going to do or say some daft things.

Hes a special talent and should be looked after correctly.

• Like 1

Sadly your not getting rid of me that easily still a panther supporter

"How strange you slag off Ged Rathbone after having a conversation with Robert who didn't go into detail - the least you could have done was speak to Ged as there are always 2 sides to every story (I didn't notice the rest of the 2015 team avoiding him, the opposite in fact everyone else seemed to get along well - now that should tell EVEN YOU something).

With your obsession with Robert and obvious dislike of the Panthers Promoter why you want to continue as a Panthers supporter is beyond me (and many others I imagine). You only have to read the many other comments on this and other threads re the Panthers/Lambert situation to see your view of it is in the minority. I also believe there to be a lot of truth in Shads posts and I really like his comment about never revealing sources - if I told someone something in confidence that is exactly what I would expect.

There is no doubt Robert is a great talent and it is to be hoped for his and GB's sake he(and his parents) learn a lot about commitment and attitude during the coming season with the Diamonds as I really do not wish to read of a repeat of the problems encountered at Peterborough throughout most of the 2015 season."

• Like 3

Well done to the promotion, an exceptional talent for our #1 spot.

I predict Simon, Anton and Dan Greenwood for the remaining slots.

We have more points left than that. Simon did ok last season but I don't think he's good enough yet to ride with a 3 pointer. That would leave us very weak at reserve. Personally I disregarded Anton after a poor 2015 but he may come back into the reckoning now.

• Like 1

I asked Robert at Kings Lynn what happened between him and Peterborough, and he told me that Peterboroughs Rathbone was the main instigator of all the problems, that's why he delt with Allitt.but he didn't go into detail.

What else is he likely to say ? I'm unreliable and do what mummy say's ? No, of course not ... :rolleyes:

• Like 5

I asked Robert at Kings Lynn what happened between him and Peterborough, and he told me that Peterboroughs Rathbone was the main instigator of all the problems, that's why he delt with Allitt.but he didn't go into detail.

Pleased to hear you draw your conclusion having discussed with all parties concerned - would have been disappointed if you had just picked a random number. I asked Robert!!!! Yet another alias from our resident loony me thinks

• Like 3

I also believe there to be a lot of truth in Shads posts and I really like his comment about never revealing sources - if I told someone something in confidence that is exactly what I would expect!!

If I were the source and told something in confidence - doubt I would be too chuffed personal and confidential information was shared on a public forum.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 2

3 pointer and

Wilko and rosen

Robbo and neilsen

Branford and Kus

Either of the bottom two will do me :)

How about Richie and Branford?

Can everyone just shut up and enjoy the fact that we just signed possibly the best prospect in WORLD speedway? I know it's not the dream signing for me either, but it's a bloody good one

• Like 1

Either of the bottom two will do me :)

How about Richie and Branford?Can everyone just shut up and enjoy the fact that we just signed possibly the best prospect in WORLD speedway? I know it's not the dream signing for me either, but it's a bloody good one

Surely Kerr, Rose and a 3 pointer will complete the team at 42.41?? And that looks a good team imo!

Surely Kerr, Rose and a 3 pointer will complete the team at 42.41?? And that looks a good team imo!

Already rumoured to have already signed for Ipswich, but their team has not been announced yet.

Robert Lambert in Germany 2015:-

FIM meetings - none

Bundesliga meetings - three

Open meetings - five

HOWEVER only one of these was on a Sunday.

any excuse under the sun and he won't be there ask Pboro fans. Also if he gets a Polish team it will be change your race night or lose your rider Lambert cares about only one thing Robert Lambert . Edited by Haza
  • Like 4

Already rumoured to have already signed for Ipswich, but their team has not been announced yet.

publically Chris Louis has only announced that 5 have been signed (no names) so anything is still possible.
  • Like 1

publically Chris Louis has only announced that 5 have been signed (no names) so anything is still possible.

But Phil told me...........

• Like 1