British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NOBODY

Vitally Belousov Badly Injured

...what gets me is why is his cause more deserving than Sitera ? both are young men with life changing injuries one high profile the other not .

Hit the nail straight between the eyes. And now add Viatally to the equation and that's three riders whose lives have been changed irreparably. And the two "nicer" guys of the three become the forgotten men. Damn it, as was said, Filip Sitera was a Kings Lynn asset, he rode for two seasons at Coventry and then moved on to Berwick. It's not like he was unknown to British fans but I bet there won't be any "Stay Strong Sitera" tee shirts on sale anywhere when the shops open again will there?

• Like 4

It's fans who in the main got things going for Darcy, they felt strongly enough to do it because he means a lot to fans from all over the Speedway world.

It's really hard but if the fans don't have that same feeling for Filip and obviously Vitaly then the support isn't going to be there, hard but true.

... hard but true.

Yeah, hard to accept that the guy who was basically a nice guy, who didn't do drink or drugs, and who didn't upset people and didn't divide opinions is the one to be forgotten.

• Like 5

It's fans who in the main got things going for Darcy, they felt strongly enough to do it because he means a lot to fans from all over the Speedway world.

It's really hard but if the fans don't have that same feeling for Filip and obviously Vitaly then the support isn't going to be there, hard but true.

They did so because they are selfish.

Most humans are..

It's why very often the ones who get helped the most are the ones who need help the least.

Not pointing fingers at anyone, most of us are guilty.

Yeah, hard to accept that the guy who was basically a nice guy, who didn't do drink or drugs, and who didn't upset people and didn't divide opinions is the one to be forgotten.

That's life mate unfortunately, it's not speedway specific.

Why don't you set something up for him, people will donate I'm sure .....

• Like 1

Why don't you set something up for him, people will donate I'm sure .....

You might be sure but I have my doubts. It's off-season, Christmas is coming and I suspect compassion fatigue may have set in.

Still, there may be hope. Perhaps Darcy will split his donations equally with the guys in the same predicament as he's in? Now that's the sort of thing that would do his image the world of good.

Edited by uk martin

I see that the German ice speedway rider Stefan Pletschacher has put a few things up for auction for Vitaly and has so far raised €280.He will hand the total sum over to Vitaly when he goes to Russia for the ice speedway season,so there is still time for more money to come in.

• Like 1

This is true. And isn't Maks Gregoric in a similar situation too? Sadly, the way the injury list is going each year they won't be the last. We all know it is a dangerous sport but its heart wrenching seeing these guys getting so badly injured.

This is true. And isn't Maks Gregoric in a similar situation too? Sadly, the way the injury list is going each year they won't be the last. We all know it is a dangerous sport but its heart wrenching seeing these guys getting so badly injured.

Devastating ......

Yeah got injured racing in Italy i think , his son was born couple of days ago think Matej Zagar was auctioning off a replica of his Ward racesuit from the Torun GP funds to go to Maks .

I wonder how Alan Wilkinson is doing now. I saw Joe Owen couple of years ago at Cardiff and was chatting and came across pretty happy now. Couldn't much understand his Geordie accent though.

Garry Stead always seems a smilie sort of chap. I always thought Steve Weatherleys accident must have been one of the worst as Vic Harding lost his life in the same crash at Hackney that night. I don't know what my point is but just thought I would mention a couple of former riders now paralysed. Feel for them I do.

I wonder how Alan Wilkinson is doing now. I saw Joe Owen couple of years ago at Cardiff and was chatting and came across pretty happy now. Couldn't much understand his Geordie accent though.

Garry Stead always seems a smilie sort of chap. I always thought Steve Weatherleys accident must have been one of the worst as Vic Harding lost his life in the same crash at Hackney that night. I don't know what my point is but just thought I would mention a couple of former riders now paralysed. Feel for them I do.

Joe is from the North West, not the North East. He only rode for us, not take up residency. :D:P