British Speedway Forum

Anybody read the Echo about the possible building in Poole which includes the Stadium car park, I have been going to Poole since the 1990.s and will be gutted if anything happens to my team.

You will be able to share the track at Swindon :wink:

• Like 2

Anybody read the Echo about the possible building in Poole which includes the Stadium car park, I have been going to Poole since the 1990.s and will be gutted if anything happens to my team.

Yes im sure we all did. But if you look at the map it excludes the stadium. I would be very suprised if anything happened in the forseable future. Im also sure that Speedway and the dog fraturnity wouldn't go down without a fight..

I don't think we need it anymore. However, I did hear that Matt has offered to pay for a holiday for Colin Meredith and suggested we use the services of the Poole track curator and his patented hole and wavy surface machine. I think we'll be ok though, Colin isn't too keen on a week in a caravan on the Wimborne Road car park. :lol: :unsure:

Nah, neither are we. We'l cope..

Park and Ride?

• Like 1

What building do you need for park and ride!!

What did it actually say? How likely is it?

Nah, I meant u could use a park and ride facility if u had no car park lol

Nah, I meant u could use a park and ride facility if u had no car park lol

Oh, lol! I think there are other places to park nearby anyway :)

The article did include 500 dwellings at the stadium and St Johns House - the latter being a large block nearby in what the Council are referring to as a 'tall buildings area' adjacent to the stadium and railway!!

The only specific mention of the stadium was in the list of sites that added up to the 5000 dwelling shortage that Poole Council are facing by 2020.

It is quite clear from the article - and previous reports - that the Council have a Town Centre Vision of improvements including new office, retail and housing developments. Doubtless Leisure and Sporting facilities are also included in the vision even though the Council cannot afford to fund everything themselves and will be seeking outside help from various private 'developers'!!

Edited by Skidder1

It is quite clear from the article - and previous reports - that the Council have a Town Centre Vision of improvements including new office, retail and housing developments. Doubtless Leisure and Sporting facilities are also included in the vision even though the Council cannot afford to fund everything themselves and will be seeking outside help from various private 'developers'!!

I wonder who they maybe ?

I said it before, why pay out loads on sorting the track when you'll be riding at Oxford soon enough

many rumours that swindon dogs are moving to oxford as well

I hope they're not all walking there. Animal cruelty, walk all that way & then have to race! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not holding my breath on a new stadium tho'. Sorry to intrude onto the Poole site. Slap my wrists.!

I said it before, why pay out loads on sorting the track when you'll be riding at Oxford soon enough

I know you said it before but that doesn't mean it will happen.

Matt is a local lad who lives and breathes for his club.

Why would he want to move Poole to Oxford, a two hour journey, for smaller crowds and therefore less money?

Perhaps he is trying behind the scenes to get Oxford back up and running again in the PL, but to drop Poole for Oxford is nonsense.

• Like 2

Matt is a local lad who lives and breathes for his club.

Why would he want to move Poole to Oxford, a two hour journey, for smaller crowds and therefore less money?

Perhaps he is trying behind the scenes to get Oxford back up and running again in the PL, but to drop Poole for Oxford is nonsense.

Oxford at NL level for Matt might be the route to go. Like Cradley I think they'd get decent crowds for that level Speedway and run on the cheap.

Then there's also a back up plan for Matt if the property development threat for Poole comes to fruition & Oxford returns to the top league.