British Speedway Forum
KIRKYLANE

Personal Match Of The Season 2015

Of all the matches I have seen this year , the Belle Vue v Swindon , 1st leg play off , stood out among all the other meetings.

It had everything ... good racing , plenty of passing , incidents , controversial decisions . a large crowd , tenseness and close scoring.

Indeed , I do not think I have heard the Belle Vue crowd so vociferous in a long time .

One of my mates said " I have never seen a meeting like it !!!! "

What was your personal favourite and why ?

Edited by KIRKYLANE

Rye House Raiders vs Coventry Storm in May.

The only meeting I've watched this year as a spectator. (I've filmed over 100 others). It was great to have a night off !

• Like 1

Coventry v Belle Vue. Superb racing all night, a bit of controversy and a last heat decider with a Bees win.

1...scunthorpe v peterbro for me... just epic, scunny 8pts down by heat 12 then BOOOM.... 5-1, 5-1, 5-1....rob had done a rallying call to everyone, fans and riders to help save the club and this had the wow factor, even rob throwing himself to the ground,it seemed everything had fallen into place, a fairly bigger crowd than usual, a great team effort and correct result, couldnt of asked for any thing better......if he still has a doubt about running next year id suggest thinking back on this meeting.

2.... scunthorpe v plymouth, last meeting (ever)???.... everyone thought or wanted plymouth to win so they could reach the playoffs, by heat 5 we were 8-16 down and the rumour mill started....then BOOOOM again....6 5-1s in a row 38-22 then a 1-8 from plymouth to keep their hopes alive

3.... scunthorpe v ippo for all the wrong reasons

• Like 1

Warsaw GP :rofl:

Unforgettable!!

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 1

Edinburgh 42 Glasgow 48 , what a night that was . I had no voice for a day after that .

• Like 2

1...scunthorpe v peterbro for me... just epic, scunny 8pts down by heat 12 then BOOOM.... 5-1, 5-1, 5-1....rob had done a rallying call to everyone, fans and riders to help save the club and this had the wow factor, even rob throwing himself to the ground,it seemed everything had fallen into place, a fairly bigger crowd than usual, a great team effort and correct result, couldnt of asked for any thing better......if he still has a doubt about running next year id suggest thinking back on this meeting.

2.... scunthorpe v plymouth, last meeting (ever)???.... everyone thought or wanted plymouth to win so they could reach the playoffs, by heat 5 we were 8-16 down and the rumour mill started....then BOOOOM again....6 5-1s in a row 38-22 then a 1-8 from plymouth to keep their hopes alive

3.... scunthorpe v ippo for all the wrong reasons

If I had to name my top ten that I have seen in 2015(see below), all those three would be in it.

The best of the year anywhere for me, though, was Scunny v Ipswich. Setting aside the Tungate incident, the racing that night was simply fantastic, we had the extraordinary sight of a track sit in and a bit of fisticuffs to boot.

It was just top drawer stuff :approve:

Top ten: Scunthorpe v Ipswich, Scunthorpe v Plymouth, Scunthorpe v Peterborough, Somerset v Ipswich, Redcar v Plymouth, Buxton v Birmingham, Workington v Peterborough, Plymouth v Rye House, Rye House v Eastbourne, Poole v Belle Vue.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Swindon-Coventry..one of the best matches I've seen for years at The Abbey. Top-of-the-table Bees were 2 points ahead most of the match, then a Swindon 5-1 from nowhere swung the meeting late on, as they clung on to win.

Wolves beating Poole 47-46 - a totally unexpected comeback

Peterboro 46 Plymouth 44 in the KO Cup with some cracking racing

and

Birmingham 46 Eastbourne 43 - the result in doubt throughout the match

would be my top three.

Other noteworthy matches I've seen this year include:

Swindon v Cov SKY match - great racing, close match and a good atmosphere

Cov v Poole - play-off Semi first leg ending in a draw

Somerset : PL Pairs - always a good occasion

Somerset v Edinburgh - Cup Final every point fought for

Somerset v Glasgow - play-off Semi again every point mattered.

The Elite League play off finals...............both legs...........I don't think anyone could have predicted how close either leg was going to be...........shame there could only be one winner..................both teams totally deserved the title.............

RP

• Like 1

The Elite League play off finals...............both legs...........I don't think anyone could have predicted how close either leg was going to be...........shame there could only be one winner..................both teams totally deserved the title.............

RP

Only Poole more so - as they had actually won the League Championship already, before the 'Play Offs'.

EDIT: ............... and I am a Belle Vue Supporter/Follower.

Edited by The White Knight

Glasgow v Edinburgh 2nd leg league cup final. Maybe not great racing but lifting one of the major trophies at your nearest rivals is a great feeling. :approve:

Warsaw GP :rofl:

Unforgettable!!

Aye, the last 11 heats were great, though I may have missed them due to hospitality hic! I gave up after a few heats, absolute farce

Birmingham vs Eastbourne in September, we won which more or less confirmed us as National League champions. Entertaining meeting, great battle between Adam Ellis and Bradley Wilson Dean.

Kent vs Brummies, spent alot of money getting down there and a fantastic performance. Nice to watch speedway in a top class stadium

Birmingham vs Eastbourne in September, we won which more or less confirmed us as National League champions. Entertaining meeting, great battle between Adam Ellis and Bradley Wilson Dean.

Kent vs Brummies, spent alot of money getting down there and a fantastic performance. Nice to watch speedway in a top class stadium

If you like new stadiums then make it a date on the 19th march 2016 at the National Speedway stadium and the Peter Craven memorial Trophy .....only standing tickets left ........all the grandstand is full