British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Anyone really think Harris should be in. He's a laughing stock, total embarrassment

Agree with, hopefully things are becoming clearer for Rossiter to, Woffinden, Lambert and on tonight performance Danny King are nailed on, the last place must be a toss up between Nicholls and Cook.

Anyone really think Harris should be in. He's a laughing stock, total embarrassment

Far too inconsistent I agree wouldn't pick him

Up till yesterday I would have gone with Harris over King but after tonight I've changed my mind again

• Like 1

On GP form no, on league form yes.

Do we know that Cook or Nicholls would do any better in the GP. I really like Nicholls but he's not got to grips with the home track yet either.

As much as I don't like Tai, he should be the first rider on the team sheet.

After his display in the British final and again in a strong line up tonight, King has to be in the team.

For me it would be

Tai, King, Lambert

Then either Harris or Cook. I think Bomber is better under the pressure & usually gives 100% when its for 🇬🇧

Agree with, hopefully things are becoming clearer for Rossiter to, Woffinden, Lambert and on tonight performance Danny King are nailed on, the last place must be a toss up between Nicholls and Cook.

Hard to argue with that assessment.

On GP form no, on league form yes.

Do we know that Cook or Nicholls would do any better in the GP. I really like Nicholls but he's not got to grips with the home track yet either.

As much as I don't like Tai, he should be the first rider on the team sheet.

After his display in the British final and again in a strong line up tonight, King has to be in the team.

For me it would be

Tai, King, Lambert

Then either Harris or Cook. I think Bomber is better under the pressure & usually gives 100% when its for

Bomber always gives 100% but his inconsistency is worrying.

Danny Kent :blink: should be in the team after tonight. :t::t::t:

Edited by A ORLOV

13 points for GB in some obscure SWC event at some hick country track last year and a consistent entertainer and scorer in the EL.

Do you only watch GPs?

Yes he's not performing in the GPs (Neither is a certain Niels Kristian Iversen by the way). but laughing stock?

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

• Like 2

Really? In what was is he an embarrassment or laughing stock? He's a very good rider who has been a great servant of British speedway, but what he isn't is world class.

Can I ask if you are in the top 30 or so in your profession in the works, and if not does that make you an embarrassment and laughingstock?

• Like 1

Danny Smith said Bomber was poor on Monday even though he scored 11 points! But, after last night King over took Bomber for that last position for me. Bombers performance was awful while Danny was overtaking some top riders. Don't know why some are 50/50 over Cook, for me he's a certainty with it being at Belle Vue.

All about opinions I suppose but with my slightly personal bias as a Witches fan for King I would say if he's not in the team, just what the hell do you have to do to get picked?

On current form I'd say

Woffinden

King

Then maybe Lambert or Cook or both but it's take your pick really, Harris and Nicholls are both past it in my opinion.

Not really that bothered on the U21 reserve as they can only be used for injury and not tactical cover anyway.

All about opinions I suppose but with my slightly personal bias as a Witches fan for King I would say if he's not in the team, just what the hell do you have to do to get picked?

On current form I'd say

Woffinden

King

Then maybe Lambert or Cook or both but it's take your pick really, Harris and Nicholls are both past it in my opinion.

Not really that bothered on the U21 reserve as they can only be used for injury and not tactical cover anyway.

Surely Lambert should be nailed on, both on current form and with a view to future years, the last place IMO is a choice between Nicholls and Cook, both Belle Vue riders of course. I think the reserve argument is over, our reserve should be Josh Bates.

Lambert and Woffinden, then god help us.

Cook has reached his level as a decent EL second string and not very good around Belle Vue.

Harris, well sorry after yesterdays completely embassessing an inept display no than you.

Nicholls is also past his best so again no.

King is riding well and after his efforts in the British Final and GP deserves the nod.

So it looks like lambert, Woffinden, Cook and King. I think the reserve argument has now been completely put to bed with Ellis getting the reserve berth. Beating riders like Andreas around Lakeside proves he has got what it takes if called upon.

Bates is the British U21 champion and the second highest Brit in the World U21 standings behind Lambert so can feel very hard done by if he3 doesn't get the reserve spot. Like King he has produced in the big meetings this season, a good reason for both to be included.

• Like 1

Lambert and Woffinden, then god help us.

Cook has reached his level as a decent EL second string and not very good around Belle Vue.

Harris, well sorry after yesterdays completely embassessing an inept display no than you.

Nicholls is also past his best so again no.

King is riding well and after his efforts in the British Final and GP deserves the nod.

So it looks like lambert, Woffinden, Cook and King. I think the reserve argument has now been completely put to bed with Ellis getting the reserve berth. Beating riders like Andreas around Lakeside proves he has got what it takes if called upon.

Must be some second string with a 7+ average plus being the highest averaged Brit.

Ellis beating Jonsson round a wee kiddies track means nothing.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

He is 9th overall on current stats.

If he was only 0.27 higher he'd be number 1 at four tracks.

He's no second string.