British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

If u want a good curry then go to the curry mile. Everything about it is fantastic the curries the atmosphere etc

Just told him that few minutes before you, but I not sure what the nameof the road is.... I know its Rusholme (think it is anyway). Do you, Phil, know the road.?

Just told him that few minutes before you, but I not sure what the nameof the road is.... I know its Rusholme (think it is anyway). Do you, Phil, know the road.?

Wilmslow Road.

"The Curry Mile is a nickname for the part of Wilmslow Road running through the centre of Rusholme in south Manchester, England".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry_Mile

http://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/england/articles/manchester-s-curry-mile-the-9-best-restaurants/

Yes mistake by Denmark to keep same team, surely Pedersen should be in the team.

Seems Hans Nielsen has taken a dim view of Nicki going off on his hols during World cup week, I applaud him for doing so and lets face it Pedersens form has taken a bit of a nose dive this season, certainly in SGP.

Just seen on Twitter that both Friday & Saturday practice sessions are closed to the public

One of Woffinden's beefs with the BSPA was that they were not doing enough to support the riders. A pre season training camp as per Poland and Denmark have was arranged ,hardly anyone turned up. Now an additional behind closed doors practise session for GB riders ahead of the World Cup final is arranged and some riders can't be bothered. Remember we are not in the race off,we don't get a full meeting to practise, surely all the team practising together before official practise can only be of benefit in set up and team spirit. Maybe were that good we don't need it.

Quite a few went to Croatia even one who couldn't ride on medical grounds. Tai didn't. Tai had an opportunity to practice yesterday and didn't, as captain I feel he should be there setting the example. It's done now and nothing is going to change regarding being more professional as a squad.

There was no official practice session arranged.

As a result, Tai had already made arrangement to test a new engine specifically for the World Cup in Poland today.Then further arrangements for himself and equipment to be transported to the UK.

At the last minute Rossiter texted to say that Belle Vue was available if anyone wanted laps, that was confirmed by the father of Adam Ellis. Lambert already on holiday, Tai's equipment not here and already has preparations in place.

If an official team practice for the World Cup had been arranged in advance and Tai didn't attend you would have a point. As it stands he was the organised professional one.

• Like 4

Just seen on Twitter that both Friday & Saturday practice sessions are closed to the public

Thanks ,was going to pop along.

I see Darcy Ward is back in the UK for a short while, he will visit Poole and Swindon Speedway and probably Belle Vue if able to.

• Like 1

There was no official practice session arranged.

As a result, Tai had already made arrangement to test a new engine specifically for the World Cup in Poland today.Then further arrangements for himself and equipment to be transported to the UK.

At the last minute Rossiter texted to say that Belle Vue was available if anyone wanted laps, that was confirmed by the father of Adam Ellis. Lambert already on holiday, Tai's equipment not here and already has preparations in place.

If an official team practice for the World Cup had been arranged in advance and Tai didn't attend you would have a point. As it stands he was the organised professional one.

Good post. Regretful this was not made public to save Tai some criticism from GB supporters who made up there own story to fit their personal vendetta.

Edited by marky
  • Like 6

I demand a re-think,there`s every chance the better half will drag me round the Trafford Centre for the first half of Saturday, can we start a petition.

Good post. Regretful this was not made public to save Tai some criticism from GB supporters who made up there own story to fit their personal vendetta.

Very bad of Rosco to let Tai & Lambert be pillories on social media :(

Niamh

I demand a re-think,there`s every chance the better half will drag me round the Trafford Centre for the first half of Saturday, can we start a petition.

I hate shopping, but that would be more appealing than watching the practice, went to one once, never again I was bored out of my mind.

Edited by spanner47

Seems Hans Nielsen has taken a dim view of Nicki going off on his hols during World cup week, I applaud him for doing so and lets face it Pedersens form has taken a bit of a nose dive this season, certainly in SGP.

Never been a fan of Nicki myself and i have no doubt team unity is better without him and the riders can overtake on the outside! The problem is even a off form Nicki is probably better than Bjerre.

Jesus,what's the big deal about parking,if you don't want to use the arrangements that have been provide,pretty sure you could still park in the street within reasonable distance of the Stadium.They not going to shut down Manchester for this event.

Cannot believe Belle Vue expect people to actually walk to the stadium and have to park their cars on adjoining streets out of the restricted zones...!!😀

I don't know, whatever next?

They should have held the event at Buxton. Loads of space up there to park your car next to (and inside) the 'stadium' (Just watch out for the sheep shat)..!!!😂

It is probably a mark of where the sport is when situations like 'blocking roads' are such a novelty that people complain about not being able to rock up and fall out of the car into the stands/grassy knoll, like they do every week..

At sports events in residential areas, permit parking/restricted access is the norm, (ffs even Stockport County do it)!!

Lets just be pleased so many are attending what is hopefully a great event and it can be used as a boost for the sport in this country..

And guess what? I would also get there early too as quite a lot of people are going to the same place and there might be a queue.....!

• Like 3

Thanks for the info on the curry mile.