British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

A year ago i didnt think i would ever say this but get Ole Olsen to sort that track out for the final.

Morgan Andersson would be a better choice, he is the man behind the transformation of Västervik's track.

They already had the draw.

Brits - yellow

Aussie - blue

Poles - red

Sweden - white

Ok I didnt know. Obviously an advantage for Sweden with whit.

Please BT keep Suzi Perry away from the studio in future compared to Natalie Quirk she is crap. If you have to use her stick her in the pits.

personal message to suzi Perry - get back home to France quick and lose your passport so we don't have to endure you anymore.

to add to your crap, thought waking up to bbc radio 2 at 5.59 to Vanessa Feltz was bad enough but you you this week while she on holiday has been cringe worthy - only hope Vanessa ain't on a 2 week holiday !!!

• Like 2

USA must be the worst ever in the race off, Germany would have scored more, seeding a country to the final is pants, never used to, we got the four best in final and far more exciting and cut throat race off, hope tomorrow is an improvement racing wise.

• Like 1

That was dull. Lost interest after a few heats and started channel hopping. Hope tomorrow is better.

• Like 3

Any legitimate reasons given why Hancock not appearing or just cant be arsed - as for Wells no loss whatsoever - but hey will not be forgotten by speedway fans of the England. Ricky must be due a testimonial anytime soon - word of advice don't bother !!!!

looks as though USA taking the urine - should be banned for 2017 unless they have valid reasons - shame on them otherwise !

y

It wasn't in Sweden where he lives like the other night so couldn't be bothered is the probable real reason.

• Like 2

USA must be the worst ever in the race off, Germany would have scored more, seeding a country to the final is pants, never used to, we got the four best in final and far more exciting and cut throat race off, hope tomorrow is an improvement racing wise.

i have to agree. Seeding the home nation is just a gimmick to boost advance ticket sales.

Fantastic view on the back straight but unfortunately the racing wasn't great, track far too smooth and slick. Shame as the track has fantastic dimensions and has huge potential.

IMO the SWC this year has been very poor so far for racing, nowhere near enough passing across the three rounds. Hopefully there will be a bit more dirt down tomorrow and the final will make up for the action so far.

i have to agree. Seeding the home nation is just a gimmick to boost advance ticket sales.

yes seed the aussies instead .and race in an empty stadium

Fantastic view on the back straight but unfortunately the racing wasn't great, track far too smooth and slick. Shame as the track has fantastic dimensions and has huge potential.

IMO the SWC this year has been very poor so far for racing, nowhere near enough passing across the three rounds. Hopefully there will be a bit more dirt down tomorrow and the final will make up for the action so far.

IT wasn't slick it was far too grippy! After all that rain the track was very grippy which meant for most of the meeting the inside line was fastest meaning very fast times (original track record was broken in nearly every heat) but poor racing until inside line started to slicken off and dirt moved wider.

Rob, there was allot of rain in Västervik too but they got the track back into shap.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to new Belle Vue, its obviouy that the racing didn't come across as to exciting on TV and I can understand and see why but I still enjoyedvthe night. Highlight was seeing Darcy Ward looking very fit and healthy, he was sat in one of the boxes behind where I was sitting with Team GB.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people are so surprised to be honest from the past evidence I've seen at this track.

It's far too quick, little skill required.

So is Peterborough quick, but get the Fours DVD and watch a great race almost every heat. That's where they should have the big meetings.

• Like 1

Our first meeting to the new Belle Vue honest Opinion not sure if it's geared up to host a major event. Sat in the presume temporary stand on third bend but really struggled to hear anything from the presenter. Also the fact your caged in and can't actually walk around the stadium is pretty rubbish. Hopefully someone from the stadium might read this before tomorrow get something done!!

• Like 1

Rob, there was allot of rain in Västervik too but they got the track back into shap.

The rain didn't make it 'bad', it made it too 'perfect' it was so grippy the track record kept getting broken but that doesn't lead to good racing as the inside was so grippy, need outside to have more grip then inside.

What annoyed me was then every 4 heats they dragged the dirt back to inside, spiked the inside and watered it making it grippy all meeting.

• Like 3

IT wasn't slick it was far too grippy! After all that rain the track was very grippy which meant for most of the meeting the inside line was fastest meaning very fast times (original track record was broken in nearly every heat) but poor racing until inside line started to slicken off and dirt moved wider.

Fair enough, first time I've been and thought it needed a bit more dirt out wide which is basically what you are saying. During the grading breaks the spike & roller tractor kept 'livening up' the inside line when leaving it alone and concentrating on the outside might have been better. I don't think the gulf in quality between some of the riders helped either.

EDIT just seen you've said the same in #830

So is Peterborough quick, but get the Fours DVD and watch a great race almost every heat. That's where they should have the big meetings.

The great thing about Peterborough is the lack of straights and the fact that it is a massive circle. Somerset very similar and I think these kind of tracks give the best racing.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1