British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

How was Lambert not good anough? a strange comment he would of scored 11 pts if it was not for a ef.For me if i was Rosco/England hierarchy i would support and push as much as possible to help Lambert he is the future.If he was a Pole he would get help and support,Lambert to me has the tools and talent to be able to mix it at the highest level in the next five years.

Cook is what 28/29? he also is not riding great in the EL every bit of experience Lambert can get will fast track his progress.

I doubt if those things are considerations when appointing the wildcards. I think it's more that the top countries get represented and the fact that Cook actually beat Lambert in the run-off.

That is the unfortunate thing about the guaranteed top 3 from the challenge getting to the GP.When you have such a competitive line up like this year- 3 are going to go if a current GP line-up rider isn`t among the top 3 in the challenge. Certainly Emil and Vaculik would grace any series. We shall just have to wait and see what happens in Vetlanda.

May I be the 1st to say(hopefully not the last) that you (and Dave) were missed in Slovenia.

THANKS Tim ...

Was a boring meeting at lynn. Can't believe how poor that track as gone.

• Like 1

Was a boring meeting at lynn. Can't believe how poor that track as gone.

Glad I didn't spend £20 now. Haven't read any rave reviews about the King's Lynn meeting. Your right, our track is dog turd compared to as little as 5 years ago.

I honestly can't put a finger what's gone so badly wrong apart from our previous track man Huggy was sacked because of an H&S issue.

Glad I didn't spend £20 now. Haven't read any rave reviews about the King's Lynn meeting. Your right, our track is dog turd compared to as little as 5 years ago.

Likewise, had intended to go but had second thoughts. Hubby & daughter went, were not impressed with bags being searched and even less impressed with the racing. I saw hts 2-7 on periscope :wink: decided it was rubbish and quite happily sat at home eating a cream cake :approve: watching a rerun of Foyles War :o . Think I had the more entertaining evening to be honest.

he would of scored 11 pts if it was not for a ef

didn't though did he. like I say he has time on his side

HOW many of these qualifiers do you think would enhance the current SGP line-up and, if so, who would you swap?

It all depends upon marketing. If you are marketing the series on pure ability alone, Harris and Jonsson are well past their sell by date, but there are a paucity of options amongst the qualifiers who it could be said would categorically make the GP series stronger. Realistically, in my opinion, you could make a case for Martin Vaculik and Emil Sayfutdinov, but the latter has excluded himself by not even entering the qualifiers.

On the other hand, if you were to try and market the series as a 'World' Championship involving riders from as many countries as possible, I would remove Harris and Jonsson and at least one of the four Poles (assuming Hampel is going to be fit). This would dilute standards in the short-term, but if marketed correctly it could open up other revenue streams from countries not currently represented in SGP. I would personally be comfortable with riders from any of the countries not represented in SGP - whether it was Finland, Germany, Latvia, Russia, Slovakia etc etc.

Don't think we'll see Harris back in the GP series ever again after this year.

Thank goodness!!

You highlight a problem which will occur when Hancock retires,in that the GPs become an almost European championship with 1 or 2 Australians.No Americans,Argentinians or New Zealanders to make it more of a 'world' championship

You highlight a problem which will occur when Hancock retires,in that the GPs become an almost European championship with 1 or 2 Australians.No Americans,Argentinians or New Zealanders to make it more of a 'world' championship

Absolutely correct. The speedway world is becoming smaller and increasingly eurocentric. Here's hoping that any of the US based youngsters make it big in the next five-ten years and that Bradley Wilson-Dean continues to progress in the sport.

• Like 1

Only Harris and AJ could make way out of the current crop imo.

Vaculik and Emil would take the series onto the next level.

Out of the qualifiers though, not many would add anything really, as all like for like apart from Vaculik.

What really needs to happen is the rift or the problem with the Russian authorities need sorting, the Lagutas and Emil need to be part of the series and WTC

• Like 1

I honestly can't put a finger what's gone so badly wrong apart from our previous track man Huggy was sacked because of an H&S issue.

Kings Lynn is not the only track serving up a product that is inferior to what it once was, this is why crowds are now so low domestically Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't think that either of the Laguta brothers are motivated by anything other than money and arguably perceive SGP as a series that will cost them money to ride in.