British Speedway Forum

Frankly I wished I had not bothered freezing cold, too many delays and interruptions some unavoidable and some contrived.

Can't agree at all

28 heats in 3 hours is actually pretty good going on past Ben Fund history and as for being cold, it's the middle of March!!!

Without the crashes & exclusions & the odd 2 on the trot heats, the referee was banging on the 2 mins straight after each race.

I thought the meeting flowed nicely.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Craig Cook was very impressive was also impressed with KingsLynns new German rider got stuck in and battled well for his points beating some good riders

wealdstone often whinges about anything King's Lynn, I'd not take to much notice.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

wealdstone often whinges about anything King's Lynn, I'd not take to much notice.

Difficult to see how anybody should regard my post as a moan about Kings Lynn. But as I always remind myself it would be a very boring world if everybody thought the same.

• Like 2

Can't agree at all

28 heats in 3 hours is actually pretty good going on past Ben Fund history and as for being cold, it's the middle of March!!!

Without the crashes & exclusions & the odd 2 on the trot heats, the referee was banging on the 2 mins straight after each race.

I thought the meeting flowed nicely.

Totally agree, and some fab racing. PS my feet are still defrosting!

Congratulations to Craig Cook on a faultless display last night, a well deserved victory.. I felt so sorry for Simon Stead, ending up with concussion when hitting the deck in his first ride. I didn't see what happened as I was watching Robert Lambert, did Josh Bates wipe him out, as Simon was awarded second place by the ref. Lets hope he is OK as well as Krzysztof, who took a nasty tumble when he hit the fence on the 4th bend.

Rory Schlein was the rider of the night for me. If medals could be awarded for courage on a bike, then he would win it hands down. To come back from an injury like that, and still have the guts to mix it like he did last night, was amazing! Well done Rory.

Several riders surprised me with better than expected performances, Nicolai Klindt had two good wins, Steve Worrall rode really well and Josh Bates had two ducks followed by two wins. New Lynn signing Kai Huckenbeck took to the track for the first time, and after a tentative first ride, managed to finish ahead of Chris Harris in his second ride and had a storming third ride. He outgated Craig Cook to briefly take the lead but still managed to beat Jason Doyle and Bjarne Pedersen. Impressive for his first meeting. How Bjarne Pedersen ended up without a British track this year, surprises me. He rode very well, so hopefully will get a slot in the UK before the season ends.

Yes it was cold, and there were several delays, but it was a long meeting including junior heats, so that was to be expected. I can't say Dick Barrie's constant interruptions were the best way to present a meeting, but I have to tell myself it was all for a good cause, so I suffered that in the hope plenty of money was raised for the Ben Fund.

All in all a good curtain raiser for the start of the season, run on a well prepared track with a good crowd. Lets hope plenty of money was raised for the Ben Fund, and little of it will be needed during the 2016 season.

• Like 6

WTG Cookie .... superb result in the first meeting of the year lad :cheers:

Hats off to Rory .... brilliant come-back :party: Really tough on Simon, innocent victim yet again :cry: Speedy recovery to KK

• Like 1

Congratulations to Craig Cook on a faultless display last night, a well deserved victory.. I felt so sorry for Simon Stead, ending up with concussion when hitting the deck in his first ride. I didn't see what happened as I was watching Robert Lambert, did Josh Bates wipe him out, as Simon was awarded second place by the ref. Lets hope he is OK as well as Krzysztof, who took a nasty tumble when he hit the fence on the 4th bend.

Rory Schlein was the rider of the night for me. If medals could be awarded for courage on a bike, then he would win it hands down. To come back from an injury like that, and still have the guts to mix it like he did last night, was amazing! Well done Rory.

Several riders surprised me with better than expected performances, Nicolai Klindt had two good wins, Steve Worrall rode really well and Josh Bates had two ducks followed by two wins. New Lynn signing Kai Huckenbeck took to the track for the first time, and after a tentative first ride, managed to finish ahead of Chris Harris in his second ride and had a storming third ride. He outgated Craig Cook to briefly take the lead but still managed to beat Jason Doyle and Bjarne Pedersen. Impressive for his first meeting. How Bjarne Pedersen ended up without a British track this year, surprises me. He rode very well, so hopefully will get a slot in the UK before the season ends.

Yes it was cold, and there were several delays, but it was a long meeting including junior heats, so that was to be expected. I can't say Dick Barrie's constant interruptions were the best way to present a meeting, but I have to tell myself it was all for a good cause, so I suffered that in the hope plenty of money was raised for the Ben Fund.

All in all a good curtain raiser for the start of the season, run on a well prepared track with a good crowd. Lets hope plenty of money was raised for the Ben Fund, and little of it will be needed during the 2016 season.

Have to agree about Rory. What a return to racing. Such a shame he didn't win it but Craig Cook was excellent. I got a bit fed up of listening to DB but in the end it was all for a good cause. Really enjoyed the meeting. a great start to the season.

Have to agree about Rory. What a return to racing. Such a shame he didn't win it but Craig Cook was excellent. I got a bit fed up of listening to DB but in the end it was all for a good cause. Really enjoyed the meeting. a great start to the season.

Spare a thought for Berwick fans we have DB every week.
  • Like 2

Oh dear! You have my deepest sympath. I'm sure he is a lovely guy really, I think he got carried away by the occasion last night and the excitement of the bidding for the race jacket. I guess it was great it went for such a huge sum, somebody has deeper pockets than me!

Great to get back to watching my favourite sport. Decent meeting with some top drawer races. Just bloomin' freezing!

Amazed at how well Rory rode. Looking forward to seeing more of Huckenback in the coming weeks - to take Harris from behind in his second ride was no mean feat.

Congrats to Craig Cook, the NA is not normally one of his favourite tracks. Expected more from Doyley - had him down as the winner.

Steady was unlucky to be wiped out by Josh Bates, not the first time he's done that round the NA, luckily just concussion. KK was unlucky too, not sure what he caught near the fence to come to a sudden stop like he did.

Thought it flowed quite well, apart for slight delays before semi and final...didn't really understand that as junior races were slotted in before which should have given enough time to prepare for those two.

Biggest complaint was for me was the car parking 'attendants' in the car park at the back of the stadium - rows where too close together in places and 3 deep in several places. Managed to squirm my way out, but only just. I'm sure us fans would have parked better if we'd been left to our own devices.

I t

Oh dear! You have my deepest sympath. I'm sure he is a lovely guy really, I think he got carried away by the occasion last night and the excitement of the bidding for the race jacket. I guess it was great it went for such a huge sum, somebody has deeper pockets than me!

He just likes the sound of his own voice.
  • Like 1

Well done Cookie.....the year of the Cookstar 2016.

• Like 1

How was the crowd? Still annoyed I couldn't come!

At a guess I'd say 2500ish