British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Ela 27th March 2016.

roynon may have been better 5 years ago if you went with a like for like comparison, not so sure now with the injuries roynon has after all look at his pl average.

Yeah not sure Roynon would get a paid max at Poole. But depends who is better at Swindon, I suppose!

Knowing Roynon he would be over his handlebars in heat two and out the meeting.

Knowing Roynon he would be over his handlebars in heat two and out the meeting.

Which is also something Ellis can be prone to. Often overlocked when he rode for us and came off a few times, but may have ironed that out.

Roynon would if available be very good cover, but as i say Poole could score 3 duckeggs from the number 7 berth and still beat Swindon away so its not really an issue who replaces Ellis

still saying the same old lines from years ago I see! Poole can replace Ellis with a better rider in Adam Roynon so hardly weakened. Even if they had someone who scored zero from three rides they will still beat Swindon as well you know

Roynon is not better than Ellis, i would say Ellis is a fair bit better now. Edited by foreverblue

Roynon is not better than Ellis, i would say Ellis is a fair bit better now.

On current form I would agree. Roynon has been through a lot over the last few years and it shows in his confidence on track. I think Coventry might be using him anyway on Thur as Bates a missing although with Bates being on tier 1, I think they would be better to use a rider higher up the list.

Swindons twitter feed has annouced that the 14/04 date is off due to an unexpected clash with the international fixture list. Don't ask I've no idea ;)

Swindons twitter feed has annouced that the 14/04 date is off due to an unexpected clash with the international fixture list. Don't ask I've no idea ;)

Best to try and cover all angles on this forum mate !! ;)

Jesus Christ another cancellation.

Yep! Speedway again using it's own gun to shoot itself in the foot!

so now even open meetings abroad take precedent over british league ?

the joys of the British team manager having a team full of Aussies I suppose.

The Golden Helmet is the Polish qualifying for GP places in the challenge competition- Buczkowski more than likely to be in it

When will they realise it just pisses off people and they stop going eventually.

"International clash" - didn't bother them when they arranged Thursday Swindon/Cov meeting with KK missing!

I begin to wonder where the brains are in the Swindon management team. First they didn't realise the Doyle/Morris Somerset/Wroclaw double booking and now they find an "unexpected" international fixture. It's not bloody rocket science :o

If fans can read fixture lists from Poland surely "professional" speedway management can :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Star Lady