British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Horror Crash On Sunday-they Both Walked Away

It's frightening that, at that level of speedway, someone in a position of authority would exclude Kildemand in that instance.

• Like 2

This happened in Poland. What are Polish rules? GP or British Speedway I'd expect Dudek to go. If Polish Speedway says something like, "the rider in front has right or way" then the referee is correct.

This happened in Poland. What are Polish rules? GP or British Speedway I'd expect Dudek to go. If Polish Speedway says something like, "the rider in front has right or way" then the referee is correct.

Even then I would disagree.

Slowing dramatically is dangerous riding.

Dangerous riding is an offence you are excluded for.

Dudek should've gone but what is probably just as bizarre is that he was allowed in the re run! He was obviously not under power when the race was stopped.

Dudek should've gone but what is probably just as bizarre is that he was allowed in the re run! He was obviously not under power when the race was stopped.

Again, do the Poles have an "under power" rule?

The referee got it right . Patrick Dudek was in trouble and pulled to the outside and raised his hand to say he was i trouble. At the time he was in second place and pulled to the outside. Then Peter kilderman ploughed into the back of him. so PK should be excluded.As PD was still under power he should not be excluded. Good decision by the referee

We're going for Paul Thorp at Oxford territory many years ago.Rob can no doubt give chapter and verse about the incident. Put his hand up to warn the other riders he had lost power. But then got the bike going and rejoined the race even though his actions had affected the other riders. Too say the late great Bernard Crapper blew his top would be the understatement of the century.

Dudek raises his hand essentially withdraws from the race. How can anyone prove he was under power when PK hit him as he was just coasting along. PK should be excluded as he hit Dudek

And Dudek out as not under power

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 3

Sam Ermolenko stopped in front of Billy Hamill on the first bend from a tapes start in the 93 final and wasn't excluded. :)

Sam Ermolenko stopped in front of Billy Hamill on the first bend from a tapes start in the 93 final and wasn't excluded. :)

am I correct in thinking ermolenko dropped a chain then, and was under power?

We're going for Paul Thorp at Oxford territory many years ago.Rob can no doubt give chapter and verse about the incident. Put his hand up to warn the other riders he had lost power. But then got the bike going and rejoined the race even though his actions had affected the other riders. Too say the late great Bernard Crapper blew his top would be the understatement of the century.

Dudek raises his hand essentially withdraws from the race. How can anyone prove he was under power when PK hit him as he was just coasting along. PK should be excluded as he hit Dudek

And Dudek out as not under power

Recall the incident and Bernard got the then track presenter, Mike Bennett, to make a 'comment' over the PA regarding Thorp's actions who had 're-joined' the race and managed to re-pass at least one rider if I remember correctly. If I recall Bernard resigned as Team Manager.

Edited by steve roberts

am I correct in thinking ermolenko dropped a chain then, and was under power?

And then you get into the definition of "under power"! Surely that means having a workable bike rather than just the engine running.

i.e. a bike with the engine going but with a chain off should not be deemed under power.

And then you get into the definition of "under power"! Surely that means having a workable bike rather than just the engine running.

i.e. a bike with the engine going but with a chain off should not be deemed under power.

was surprised he got away with that

• Like 1

No power to driving wheel = not under power in anybodys language

• Like 1

It's frightening that, at that level of speedway, someone in a position of authority would exclude Kildemand in that instance.

He deserves to get excluded even though his view was obscured as soon as he saw a slow/rider coasting he shouldve slowed down or laid it down to avoid him.

Years ago I remember reading about the much maligned Len Silver running training schools and that he wouldn't let you out on track racing until you could lay the bike down. I think they used to throw a large stuffed doll onto the track.

I have seen far lesser riders over the years be able to drop the bike on a sixpence.

• Like 1

Happened directly in front of me and the ref didnt spot that Ermolenko was not under power. That ref miss won him his title.

• Like 1

He deserves to get excluded even though his view was obscured as soon as he saw a slow/rider coasting he shouldve slowed down or laid it down to avoid him.

Years ago I remember reading about the much maligned Len Silver running training schools and that he wouldn't let you out on track racing until you could lay the bike down. I think they used to throw a large stuffed doll onto the track.

I have seen far lesser riders over the years be able to drop the bike on a sixpence.

You're right about them being taught to drop the bike, it was the same at Dent Oliver's training schools. Thing is though, Kildermand was on the straight, so there wasn't really an opportunity to drop the bike in the way you describe.