British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Peterborough Panthers ( L C) - Sunday, April 10th (6.30pm)

LOL £10,000 isnt a massive amount of money... well maybe it is for a kid

I actually have £15k mate, post your bank balance on here?

Edited by Morrissey Fan

I went to Scunthorpe on Sunday manly to see Tom Perry, I wish he could gate like that in the NL, well impressed with him, but we're was the spectators, there were no more than 400 there, that must be well below break even, Godfrey will be out shortly with the "support us or we close" even though his team is useless,it's nice now at Birmingham as our crowds now are better than when we were in the EL which mak s foe a brilliant atmosphere and much better than was at Scunthorpe on Sunday

I went to Scunthorpe on Sunday manly to see Tom Perry, I wish he could gate like that in the NL, well impressed with him, but we're was the spectators, there were no more than 400 there, that must be well below break even, Godfrey will be out shortly with the "support us or we close" even though his team is useless,it's nice now at Birmingham as our crowds now are better than when we were in the EL which mak s foe a brilliant atmosphere and much better than was at Scunthorpe on Sunday

Have you got any idea what is happening in and round Scunthorpe at the moment? What a clueless comment to make. I'm pleased that all is cosy for you in and around Birmingham, but for pity's sake, trying to score points as your crowd is bigger than our crowd. Beggars belief.

• Like 6

Have you got any idea what is happening in and round Scunthorpe at the moment? What a clueless comment to make. I'm pleased that all is cosy for you in and around Birmingham, but for pity's sake, trying to score points as your crowd is bigger than our crowd. Beggars belief.

I think economics is a little beyond the heads of the likes of the poster. I doubt he even knows that there are steelworks in Scunthorpe or that thousands of jobs have been at risk through the town.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 5

I very much doubt that you get the same quality of racing as you saw at Scunthorpe on sunday and being in the national league you most certainly don't get the same level of quality riders but as long as your Brum supporters are happy with it that's ok. theres no need to make snide remarks about Scunthorpe. They are riding in a league above your lot. seem to remember Brum was premier and elite league but just couldn't afford to stay there. Scunthorpe may not be the best team in the premier league at the moment but thy are still competing in it

• Like 4

The last population figures show:

Birmingham 1.01 million

Scunthorpe 72 thousand

• Like 2

No im not sad enough to do that im affraid kid. My ballance is for my eyes only

• Like 1

is that actually correct that the crowd is bigger watching the NL than the EL?

Get you 15k... The Great Gatsby. :D

You do realise that's around a months salary for someone like Stevie Boy Shovlar. ;)

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Poor show by the home team. Did not appreciate the delays on such a cold windy night. For a club that says "it gets on with it" race 2 starting 30 minutes after the scheduled start time, and two hours to finish the match on a cold night, will think again before going to more evening matches.

Few years ago they said they were going to have afternoon matches early season because it gets too cold, so why not??. Would afternoon starts not be better for away fans. Next match Plymouth. Their fans would be unlikely to get back prior to 1 AM.

Meetings normally start bang on 6.30, delay was due to paramedic caught in traffic, plus you will always get delays when a rider has 2 rides on the trot or when a rider falls on bend 1 and waits for his mechanic to come from bend 3 to push his bike off the track, or when the riders are at the tapes and one decides twice hes not ready just as the tapes go up,,, plus we did have afternoon matches until the clocks changed as its meant to be brighter and warmer

Edited by neck brace tony
  • Like 1

£15k is nothing these days pal, you act like you're a millionaire.

David Howe back as team coach !; positive response from the management this. It is right that we should tap into his great experience we have a young team and they will benefit. Dave Peet is the manager; but I do not think he has actual riding experience; David Howe bridges that gap and will be invaluable help to everyone I am certain. Welcome home David.

• Like 1