British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

World Under 21 Championship 2016 - "live On Eurosport From Final Series 2"

If they pick on reputation, Robert Lambert may well get a pick. However, with two Brits already in the final line-up and Lambert's SGP Qualifier Wild-Card, they may choose to look elsewhere.

If they go merely on scores from the Belle Vue round, I think it would only be fair to give Nike Lunna a chance over the likes of Brady Kurtz. After all, Lunna outscored Kurtz and there is already Australian representation in the final line-up. On the other hand, Lunna was the only Finn in the qualifiers and did finish equal fifth tonight; plus it would add a little more diversity to the final line-up.

As regards Swedish representation, none of the Swedish riders covered themselves in glory in the qualifiers. In fact, it is debatable whether Sweden have ever had a worse selection of U21 riders.

Why Lambert ? he wasn't good enough tonight.

Already two Brits in the finals, anyway imo its gonna be either Drabik or Fricke who wins it.

Seems all the hype we had on Lambert a couple of years ago is evaporating at a speed of knots.

Now and again I hear stories about how wonderful he is and how he is the next Loram. Stories of coming from the back at Leicester a few weeks ago to grab a point for his club. Some Kings Lynn fans on here were stating he would be their number one by the end of this season.

Then it comes to tonight and hes out of the u21, in a field he should have come through.

Will he get a wildcard? Does he deserve one? I hope the lad developes into a useful rider and can challenge to represent teamGB regularly, but I have yet to see anything to tell me he will good enough to become a top rider.

There were other casualties as well. Kurtz and Predpelski. Both should have made it through. No good blaming the rain.

• Like 1

Seems all the hype we had on Lambert a couple of years ago is evaporating at a speed of knots.

Now and again I hear stories about how wonderful he is and how he is the next Loram. Stories of coming from the back at Leicester a few weeks ago to grab a point for his club. Some Kings Lynn fans on here were stating he would be their number one by the end of this season.

Then it comes to tonight and hes out of the u21, in a field he should have come through.

Will he get a wildcard? Does he deserve one? I hope the lad developes into a useful rider and can challenge to represent teamGB regularly, but I have yet to see anything to tell me he will good enough to become a top rider.

There were other casualties as well. Kurtz and Predpelski. Both should have made it through. No good blaming the rain.

You'll never hear me call him the next big thing, at the moment he'll be the next Chris Harris. Can't gate for toffee

• Like 1

jesus christ, they only had 12 heats anything could have happened if they ran the next 8.

• Like 3

And yet Robert Lambert is still the world's second best rider in the under 19 age group - only Maxim Drabik is better.

(I'd rank Kurtz, Smektala and Holder next).

Hardly the record of a failure

• Like 1

How many wild cards can a person get?

Why bother making him enter and then get changed and even have to ride a few races.

Just give a pass to the finals.

• Like 1

jesus christ, they only had 12 heats anything could have happened if they ran the next 8.

When they don't run the meeting proper loads of factors come into the mix, gate positions, who they were up against, how the track changes etc .... so unfair, cheapskate FIM!
  • Like 1

He's 18.

He's 18.

They're all young and should've been given an equal chance ......

I'm sorry to say next year may not come, who knows eh .....

comments are getting more farcical by the day! writing lambet off is crazy, saying "he cant gate for toffee" I don't see the current world champ as a great gater!...

there was just 3 races, the scoreboard wouldn't of been the same after 5 races each, its all fickle comments. just like the current crop knocking harris

Edited by ColinMills
  • Like 1

Lambert was the best thing since sliced bread on here during last years world cup, hes carrying an injury and they only completed 3 heats each... Give me him to support for the next ten years over Anyone else in that field, any day.

#backthebrits

#myarse

Those knocking Lambert need to give their heads a wobble, he's learning his trade and needs all the support we can give him.

My first visit to the new home of the Aces last night, very impressive even though the weather took it's toll in the end. The track was fine early on, even though it had rained on and off all day, but as others have said it will take more meetings for it to produce it's best racing, passing was at an absolute premium during the early heats but you could see riders gaining ground on others by testing different lines, I'm confident it will be a great track for years to come.

If the deluge that came after ht12 hadn't occurred I would have expected Lambert to be among the qualifiers, the track was starting to produce passes, just unfortunate to not have been given the 5 rides.

Berge was very impressive, can certainly gate well and looked smooth out in front, Jack Holder also looked to be benefiting from having Chris in the pits with him, unsure if he had Chris's bikes but he was fast.

Due to the weather it wasn't the best of first visits but definitely enough to ensure I will be going back as and when I can, well done Chris Morton & Dave Gordon.