British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Sat 23rd April 2016 @ 19:30

So Paul Starke moves up to #2 position in the team, scores 1 point and gets replaced for his last ride by the rider who swapped places with him. How is that helping him progress? At least he didn't go straight to a HL spot!

• Like 4

Klint running riot as a reserve, it is good that Paul Stark has moved into the main team to get tougher rides but Klints scores making a mockery of the system.

• Like 1

Klint running riot as a reserve, it is good that Paul Stark has moved into the main team to get tougher rides but Klints scores making a mockery of the system.

Klindt as a rider I cannot stand hit and miss even at PL level,he can be awful to be fair good on his day similar to a Finn Jensen for me.

Wont be long till Seb the snail gets replaced after tonights 1pt offering

So Paul Starke moves up to #2 position in the team, scores 1 point and gets replaced for his last ride by the rider who swapped places with him. How is that helping him progress? At least he didn't go straight to a HL spot!

Ullamek was kept in his 4th ride & he had scored a point less than Starke.

The high scoring foreign rider was supposed to be a thing of the past when the draft reserves came in.

Now nearly every Brit reserve stepping up is replaced by "Jonny Foreigner" again. To

• Like 1

The issue is NOT the high scoring foreign reserve if he is the teams 6th or 7th best rider. The issue is the race format has given Paul Starke and inflated average. If Paul had genuinely out performed Klindt to get into the position then fine. High scoring riders in reserve will ALWAYS happen.

Klindt as a rider I cannot stand hit and miss even at PL level,he can be awful to be fair good on his day similar to a Finn Jensen for me.

Nothing wrong with Finn Jensen

Well it sounds like those who actually went along got a great speedway match to watch, KL getting a point with Lambert beating Hougaard on the run in to the line.

I do think every now and then, we all need to stop worrying about rules regulations conspiracies etc etc and just enjoy watching the bloody sport

• Like 6

As we walked back to the car park after heat 15 this evening we we followed by Mr & Mrs Hemsley making their way towards the bar. Heads turned when we heard Mrs H shouting quite loudly into her phone demanding that whoever was at the other end was to tell all the home riders and the team manager to meet in the bar after they were showered and changed. They were to be told that none of them could leave the stadium, even to depart for the airport, until they had finished the meeting. That seemed to be confirmation of who wears the trousers!

Whilst the resulting was a little disappointing, I cannot recall seeing a home meeting with more passing than tonight. Whilst we all know we have a weak team, it would seem unfair to lay into anyone except Ulamek, as the others could not be accused of lacking in effort.

• Like 2

Well it sounds like those who actually went along got a great speedway match to watch, KL getting a point with Lambert beating Hougaard on the run in to the line.

I do think every now and then, we all need to stop worrying about rules regulations conspiracies etc etc and just enjoy watching the bloody sport

KL get 2 points for the away draw

How can the reserves averages (inflated because of riding against fellow reserves) be taken seriously when team building?

pooles reserves will be on a 8/9 average add that to the total team average and they'll be way way over 50.. stupid rule..

but the question is which promoter or promoters drafted in this rule, id love to find out.....bet he wont own up to it...

but the question is which promoter or promoters drafted in this rule, id love to find out.....bet he wont own up to it...

Someone who reckoned they had superb FTR riders and would benefit from it. Now let me guess.....

Wont be long till Seb the snail gets replaced after tonights 1pt offering

Whatever happened to him on here ?

Yes, weather okay so far. Cloudy but the sun keeps making an occasional appearance. There may be the chance of a shower but nothing to cause any problems with the track. I'm going to this one to see whippy so I suppose I'd better be a neutral fan tonight. :wink: One bit of advice ~ it's going to be really cold this evening so wrap up warm! I'll be wearing about 5 layers as it worked at Coventry last night.

Did you go tonight? I thought it was a great meeting with plenty of passing......what was your take of it?

Quite possibly the best ever EL meeting at Beaumont Park I have seen. Pity we just couldn't hold on but a quality nights entertainment none the less.