British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Who's Seen The Most World Individual Champions?

Following on from a similar thread I'd be interested to know who has seen the most World Champions?

I've seen the following:

Moore

Fundin

Briggs

Mauger

Sczakiel

Michanek

Collins

Lee

Penhall

Muller

Gundersen

Nielsen

Jonsson

J.O.Pedersen

Ermolenko

Rickardsson

Hamill

Hancock

Crump

Gollob

Havelock

Loram

Olsen

N.Pedersen

• Like 1

You beat me by one fella...unfortunately I've never watched Moore, Fundin or Sczakiel race live...but I've seen all the others and Holder and Woffinden.

You didn't get to see Craven then? Shame...would loved to have seen him :-)

Hopefully by sneaking down to this part of the forum I can find a civil conversation...bit nuts up top ;-)

• Like 1

You beat me by one fella...unfortunately I've never watched Moore, Fundin or Sczakiel race live...but I've seen all the others and Holder and Woffinden.

You didn't get to see Craven then? Shame...would loved to have seen him :-)

Hopefully by sneaking down to this part of the forum I can find a civil conversation...bit nuts up top ;-)

Peter Craven is one rider I would really liked to have seen. He remained the track record holder (63 seconds) at Oxford for nigh on 11 years...it was only beaten when it was decided to shorten the track and a new record established (Phil Crump who established a new time although Dave Perks was the first rider to circumnavigate Cowley at 62 seconds - although the track was different than in Peter's time)

Peter Craven is one rider I would really liked to have seen. He remained the track record holder (63 seconds) at Oxford for nigh on 11 years...it was only beaten when it was decided to shorten the track and a new record established (Phil Crump who established a new time although Dave Perks was the first rider to circumnavigate Cowley at 62 seconds - although the track was different than in Peter's time)

Sorry got my facts wrong...it was Ole Olsen who registered a new track record of 65.2 seconds (in case Mr.Peasley is lurking!)

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

Add to the list Craven, Knutsson, Holder, Woffinden

but take away Per Jonsson, J O Ermo, Ricky, Hamill, Crump

that leaves me 2 behind you.

I may have seen Tommy Price, Freddie Williams, Jack Young in my very young days but cant remember so they not included.

• Like 1

Following on from a similar thread I'd be interested to know who has seen the most World Champions?

I've seen the following:

Moore

Fundin

Briggs

Mauger

Sczakiel

Michanek

Collins

Lee

Penhall

Muller

Gundersen

Nielsen

Jonsson

J.O.Pedersen

Ermolenko

Rickardsson

Hamill

Hancock

Crump

Gollob

Havelock

Loram

Olsen

N.Pedersen

The same as you Steve my biggest regret was not seeing Craven or Bjorn Knutsson.Also have seen all the modern day riders Woffy (ect) presuming you have not seen them because of your break from the sport get along and see them mate your list is impressive.

Saw Knutson, didn't see Craven, but had his rosette on bedroom wall, and remember night he was killed, as the old man came into room to tell me. Fundin was the best for me, followed by Briggo... Mauger, Olsen, Michanek, PC, Crumpie, Rickardsson, Hancock, Holder, Woffy all superb champions. Would love to have seen Hans Nielsen. Missed seeing all those Champs 1973-2003 with my 30-year break from the sport.

• Like 1

Saw Knutson, didn't see Craven, but had his rosette on bedroom wall, and remember night he was killed, as the old man came into room to tell me. Fundin was the best for me, followed by Briggo... Mauger, Olsen, Michanek, PC, Crumpie, Rickardsson, Hancock, Holder, Woffy all superb champions. Would love to have seen Hans Nielsen. Missed seeing all those Champs 1973-2003 with my 30-year break from the sport.

Nielsen was never a fan but he grew on me,in the end no exageration that he could of won 10 world titles certainly if it was in the GP era when at his peak.
  • Like 1

I've seen the following:

Moore

Fundin

Briggs

Mauger

Sczakiel

Michanek

Collins

Lee

Penhall

Muller

Gundersen

Nielsen

Jonsson

J.O.Pedersen

Ermolenko

Rickardsson

Hamill

Hancock

Crump

Gollob

Havelock

Loram

Olsen

N.Pedersen

i've seen all of those plus woffinden.

I cannot compete with these answers-the ones I have seen ride are Moore, Fundin, Briggs, Knutsson, Mauger, Olsen, Collins, Lee, Michanek , Penhall, Gundersen,Nielsen. That is 12. Clearly I have to get out more!!!

Nielsen was never a fan but he grew on me,in the end no exageration that he could of won 10 world titles certainly if it was in the GP era when at his peak.

I would agree (but I would say that!) that Nielsen would have dominated during most of the eighties under a GP formula. If I recall he topped the averages for most of that period and although other riders would have won various rounds Nielsen was by far the most consistent.

I would agree (but I would say that!) that Nielsen would have dominated during most of the eighties under a GP formula. If I recall he topped the averages for most of that period and although other riders would have won various rounds Nielsen was by far the most consistent.

Arguably the best rider ever for consistency.

• Like 1

I've seen the following:

Moore

Fundin

Briggs

Mauger

Sczakiel

Michanek

Collins

Lee

Penhall

Muller

Gundersen

Nielsen

Jonsson

J.O.Pedersen

Ermolenko

Rickardsson

Hamill

Hancock

Crump

Gollob

Havelock

Loram

Olsen

N.Pedersen

The same as you, Steve, plus Young, Craven, Knutson, Holder, Woffy. Also seen Freddie Williams.....but not riding!

• Like 1

Does Erik Stenlund count (World Ice Speedway Champion)?

Does Erik Stenlund count (World Ice Speedway Champion)?

If you can include Stenlund, then presumably you'd be able to include Milan Spinka too.

• Like 1

I would think I was seen the most World Champions .Every one except Bluey Wilkinson and Jack Milne. I think I have seen every placed rider except the previous two and Cordy Milne.

I have every World Speedway final programmme except 1937,1938 and 1961,

The 1961 programme recently sold on EBay for £240 which I would think makes it the most valueable programme then followed by the pre war three

• Like 2