British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue V Lakeside 4/6/16

If you choose this option when you get of the train go out by the front entrance, head for piccadilly you will find the 203 bus stop just before entering Piccadilly Gardens (there is a Cycle Republic store right opposite the bus stop). Ask the driver to put you off at the Showcase Cinema complex (buy a day rider ticket for £4 its cheaper), the Stadium is at the back and can be found by walking through the Cinema car park.

If they are flying up they will have a limo booked to whisk them from the airport to the track !!!

Matt is quite open to a few sharing his ride!!! :-) :-) ;-)

Pretty much what Rob said.

I don't think you'd get much change out of £40 each way in an airport taxi but if you pre-book it would be cheaper, shouldn't take more than 30 mins to drive from the airport to the track.

The only problem with non-airport taxis is they can't wait at the airport so you have to call them when you arrive and wait for them to turn up which can take 30+ minutes. I usually use Lynx if you are planning on using that option and you'll be able to arrange a pick up for the return.

If you are going to use the train/bus it will be worth checking what is running as its bank holiday and in any case I'd give yourself at least 90 minutes to allow for faff.

Overall I think it would be just as quick to drive up but the return on bank holiday evening would be a nightmare and particularly grim after another heavy defeat, lol!

It's a full weekday service on the trains on Bank Holidays.

I was in the west stand, but ended up cheering Stevie Worrall most of the time 😀

Can't believe some are saying the racing wasn't as good as v Coventry - must've been some meeting, because it was superb last night; would've been lauded at any other track

The Coventry meeting really was that good!

Second that! The Belle Vue-Coventry meeting was the best ive seen in a long time. Dont think I've seen a poor EL meeting this season to be honest.

Thanks for the advice. Just driving up leaving at about 6 am is a real pain on. Bank holiday. 10 hour drive up and back or 50 mins each way on a plane.

I was in the west stand, but ended up cheering Stevie Worrall most of the time

Can't believe some are saying the racing wasn't as good as v Coventry - must've been some meeting, because it was superb last night; would've been lauded at any other track

lakeside : 6 good races with passing after 1/2 a lap with a total of 18 passes after 1/2 a lap

Coventry : 11 good races with passing after 1/2 slap with a total of 29 passes after 1/2 a lap

Best this season Peterborough v Sheffield : 11good races with 34 passes after 1/2 a lap

• Like 1