British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Should Ex Riders Get Into Speedway Free?

​Referees probably have free admission status for meetings because they are licensed speedway officials. The duration of this concession is probably only while they are licensed and not for "all time" as is being sought by some Posters on this thread for riders.

Still doesn't make it right. Are most people involved now from announcers down not licensed?

I doubt it very much. Who do you think you also qualify....? :unsure: I think you are confusing employees of tracks with licensed officials. Why do yu think that announcers are licensed - is the lady who gives some track staff a mug of tea also licensed?

Edited by Guest

I doubt it very much. Why do you think you also qualify....? :unsure: I think you are confusing employees of tracks with licensed officials. Why do yu think that announcers are licensed - is the lady who gives some track staff a mug of tea also licensed?

I don't understand what point you are trying to make here, do you think Doris the Tea Lady should be licensed? Is health and safety your concern?

An SCB licence clearly states on the back "This licence does NOT entitle entry to ANY speedway event".

Free entry for a former rider, a currently-licensed referee or your tea lady is entirely at the discretion of the staging promoter.

Berwick's offer of a lifetime pass to every former Bandit (proving hugely popular with all concerned) requires the ex-rider to contact the club by e-mail to allow his pass to be mailed to him.

• Like 1

I can remember when the Speedway Control Board used to issue season long passes to riders, officials and journalists involved in the sport.

I can remember when the Speedway Control Board used to issue season long passes to riders, officials and journalists involved in the sport.

Trouble is, it won't be long before they are the only people watching speedway!

• Like 2

In regard to my previous Post, I now have a recollection that there was a criteria in regard to the issue of passes to riders - one being that they had to be a contract rider and also a member of the Speedway Riders Association. I believe the SRA issued the passes to riders on behalf of the Speedway Control Board.

Edited by Guest

An SCB licence clearly states on the back "This licence does NOT entitle entry to ANY speedway event".

Free entry for a former rider, a currently-licensed referee or your tea lady is entirely at the discretion of the staging promoter.

Berwick's offer of a lifetime pass to every former Bandit (proving hugely popular with all concerned) requires the ex-rider to contact the club by e-mail to allow his pass to be mailed to him.

Belle Vue are the same in that they request riders get in touch beforehand.

Don't see a problem with riders who are members of the World Speedway Riders Association getting in for free.

• Like 2

Rob, you barely qualify as being referred to as a "rider" anyway surely ?

10 meetings, over 4 years with an average that even Justin Elkins would have laughed at does not make you some kind of font of knowledge about all things racing...

How many did you actually win Rob ? I'm guessing looking at your average, perhaps one ?

Coventry junior when they had 6 race meetings. One proper meeting.

Then was a joke for Sheffield.

Now changing tyres for kwik fit or someone in Nuneaton or the like..

In Ipswich terms, he made Craig Hyde look like Tomasz Gollob

I'm pretty certain this troll called Robert72 is not Rob Homer as Rob is now a successful car designer and lives in America. I doubt he has time to troll on here for a start and he's not the type to do that.

Rob is a decent bloke and although people think they are slating Robert72 about his apparent career, I'm confident they are actually slating the wrong person, which is unfair on Rob.

To add to this, I've just spoken to Rob and he's never even been on here, plus his name is Rob, not Robert.

Edited by no-brakes-uk

I'm pretty certain this troll called Robert72 is not Rob Homer as Rob is now a successful car designer and lives in America. I doubt he has time to troll on here for a start and he's not the type to do that.

Rob is a decent bloke and although people think they are slating Robert72 about his apparent career, I'm confident they are actually slating the wrong person, which is unfair on Rob.

To add to this, I've just spoken to Rob and he's never even been on here, plus his name is Rob, not Robert.

Thanks Rob's mum/dad/granny/grandad (delete as appropriate)

Thanks Rob's mum/dad/granny/grandad (delete as appropriate)

Mate actually. I'm not defending Robert72 at all, but Rob having his name dragged through the mud for some faceless troll is out of order and I'm sure anyone would do the same for a mate.
  • Like 4

Mate actually. I'm not defending Robert72 at all, but Rob having his name dragged through the mud for some faceless troll is out of order and I'm sure anyone would do the same for a mate.

Only having a laugh

So the hunt for Robert72 carries on

Edited by Triple.H.

Only having a laugh

So the hunt for Robert72 carries on

Was there not two original contenders for the robert72 tag, but the other one ruled on on age and only because this Homer was reported as being born in 1972.

Was there not two original contenders for the robert72 tag, but the other one ruled on on age and only because this Homer was reported as being born in 1972.

Probably not even a rider at all. Or is such a wobbler he daren't reveal his identity 😛 Edited by no-brakes-uk
  • Like 1