British Speedway Forum

I only attended on the Sunday but what a brilliant days racing it was. I thought like most that the track staff did a great job trying desperately to keep a track raceable after 60 plus heats in 2 days.

My only complaint was with the programme set out for the final. Next year please do it like the grand prix type / cycle speedway ones where you only have to write the riders names in once rather than for every heat. My £1.00 pen could not cope :-)

Roll on next year and I will definitely do both days

• Like 2

Thanks for the information Simon. I Must confess, like you, I do have a caravan with all the luxuries but can certainly manage a couple of nights without the need for an electric hook-up. The thought of being based on site for the weekend and having a comfy bed and a beer chiller all for £10 a night is a great idea. I have further to travel than 500 yards though, living just south of Norwich, but will certainly try and make it next year after reading so many positive comments about the weekend.

No worries. Unfortunately I have to use some medical equipment when I sleep that requires the mains electric, so although expensive compared to the alternative it was worth it :lol:

after watching the clip on the bsap home page i was just going to ask myself

im gonna buy and watch this to see if it was as good as updates made it sound

I haven't read other folks comments yet but IMO the two day event certainly seemed to go down very well and I think now they have done it once, it can only get better. Pity about the dust but as the weather was great, it's kinda inevitable

My lasting memory (apart from slipping and tearing my hamstring) has to be the mascots...... Top marks to these guys who bounced around in these woolly suits for 2 full days in the heat and were very entertaining

From reading posts from those who were there that the weekend was a success, with one or two tweeks it seems the BSPA have falling something that actually works.

No doubt they can still cock it up mind Screm

That`s the worry, at times you think something that works and is popular with the fans just wont do.

That was the most enjoyable two days I've had at the speedway in years . The only down side for me was Aaron going from first to last in the race that mattered . But parked outside the bar , in sweltering sunshine , in wonderful company and watching terrific speedway . Well done Plymouth , deserved winners , hope this weekend becomes a yearly event in this form . But they really have to pay the riders properly .

• Like 9

Totally agree with our Scottish Correspondent.

I only went on the Sunday and it was great just a pity I missed out on the Saturday when the concensus is the racing was even better.

• Like 1