British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

Tai's family moved to Australia when he was 4. They moved back here when he was 15. That's 11 years.

He's now 25.

So he hasn't lived in Australia for most of his life.

• Like 1

If there was total flexibility on the reserves then Lambert at reserve would make total sense.

However they can only replace an injured rider so he is wasted at number 5.

The track last night wasnt exactly dry so many people immediatly jumping on who should and shouldnt ride.

Im an Ipswich fan but even after last nights performance i dont think King is a certainty. He only did ok there in the league meeting on a dry track beaten twice by Nicholls and twice by Cook. He looked good in the dirt last night but is he ahead of Lambert and Nicholls for a place?

For me the only 2 certaintys are Tai and Cook. After that we have 3 riders for 2 places , King, Nicholls and Lambert. Nobody else in my opinion should be considered unless injuries happen and then Steve Worrall is next in line.

The reserve should be our under 21 champion who likes the big tracks and thats not Adam Ellis!

I would agree with that statement - particularly at the National Speedway Stadium.

I would dump Woffinden in a heartbeat, if you can't be bothered to ride in the British league why should you be able to pull in a GB vest, this clown lived in Aus most of his life, world champ but brit no

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would dump Woffinden in a heartbeat, if you can't be bothered to ride in the British league why should you be able to pull in a GB vest, this clown lived in Aus most of his life, world champ but brit no

And you my friend are a complete fool. Nice pic of Ermolenko by the way. Hmm lived in the UK didnt he? Thought he rode for USA???

Tai's family moved to Australia when he was 4. They moved back here when he was 15. That's 11 years.

He's now 25.

So he hasn't lived in Australia for most of his life.

Spot on its only the usual Poole suspects and Robert72 and then this newbie who cant get their head around facts bless them

Gavan trying to troll ian't your strong point kid

isn't

Do not think you can leave the team selection till the day which is why I said earlier Rosco needs to get some of the possible riders to ride the track when it is dry either as a practice or against a select team.

One month prior to the opening meeting, all teams must submit their riders to the FIM- MINIMUM 5 MAX 10

team GB(along with the other teams in the final ) have to nominate their team within 30 minutes of practice finishing for the final-starts at 12 noon on Saturday 30th July- so around 2.30pm all competing team line-ups will be known.

Edit only 5 riders + 1 U 21 rider per team can practice.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Gavan trying to troll ian't your strong point kid

isn't

ha ha thick as hell you are.

trolling is posting to try and wind others up.

You put the post on about Tai you clown

And you my friend are a complete fool. Nice pic of Ermolenko by the way. Hmm lived in the UK didnt he? Thought he rode for USA???

Spot on its only the usual Poole suspects and Robert72 and then this newbie who cant get their head around facts bless them

:o Easy tiger :D

We both pretty much agree on this topic :t:

That my friend is one of the biggest trolling posts ever on this forum. Utter, utter garbage.

:o Easy tiger :D

We both pretty much agree on this topic :t:

That my friend is one of the biggest trolling posts ever on this forum. Utter, utter garbage.

you are on of the decent Poole fans mate never have an issue with you even if we disagree as you have the intellect to debate.

I would dump Woffinden in a heartbeat,

Mercifully for Great Britain's prospects, Mr Rossiter is unlikely to see things the same way.

Danny King wasn't in anyone's team before last night. He rode very well but one meeting on a wet heavy track shouldn't change that. His last appearance in the SWC tells it's own story.

Our manager has a very hard job to pick a 4th rider to add to Tai, Cook & Lambert. On current form I would pick Scott Nicholls with Ellis as No5. Tough on Bomber as he has been a great servant but his form is poor and confidence must be low. Maybe he can have two good GP's to put him back in the frame.

Danny King wasn't in anyone's team before last night. He rode very well but one meeting on a wet heavy track shouldn't change that. His last appearance in the SWC tells it's own story.

Our manager has a very hard job to pick a 4th rider to add to Tai, Cook & Lambert. On current form I would pick Scott Nicholls with Ellis as No5. Tough on Bomber as he has been a great servant but his form is poor and confidence must be low. Maybe he can have two good GP's to put him back in the frame.

Id stick with Nicholls.

Who had Danny King in their side before last night ?

Probably very few, but what King did last night shouldn't be ignored as he surely rode himself into Team GB. With the same thinking Chris Harris probably rode himself out.

• Like 2

All I have seen is the you tube posted on here showing the last few races including the final. What I saw there was Danny King not just win the final but win by a mile, which included a well executed pass on Cook. I cannot see how a performance like that can be ignored by the team selector, wet track or not.

• Like 3

All I have seen is the you tube posted on here showing the last few races including the final. What I saw there was Danny King not just win the final but win by a mile, which included a well executed pass on Cook. I cannot see how a performance like that can be ignored by the team selector, wet track or not.

On the British final thread i have posted the link to the whole meeting video
  • Like 1