British Speedway Forum
secsy1

Team Gb For World Cup

:rofl:

Lying coward? That's tame for it. Try looking at the Woofy thread, you might have your eyes opened.

Anyways, Shovlar, you're one the most controversial and blinkered posters on here so how you can even think about commenting like that is beyond me. We both love the same team, however our views are very, very different.

Absolutely they are and I have no problem with anyones view that's different to mine. But there's no need for abusive posts. I read some of the crap on the woofy thread and it was a bad case of bullying and in the end Gavan was rightly suspended. Certainly Robert72 doesn't know how to leave it but attacking posters in such a way is unacceptable.

• Like 3

Someone have look and see if King or Bomber are smiling tonight. Should be a good indication.

I have a feeling Danny will be grinning like a Cheshire cat....
  • Like 2

regarding team practice early next week that was mentioned, I've a feeling the rules don't allow it in the week before the meeting .. didn't stop a nation doing it last year though the night before :D

Woffinden

King

Lambert

Cook

Ellis under 21

S. Worrall as stand by

Best team we can put out to be honest.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 4

No other options really. Best 5 picked

• Like 2

Lets hope they can pull out something special on the day....

There wont be a lack of effort or desire thats for sure.

Would have been Bates at reserve for me but the other four pick themselves IMO. Hopefully Bates will be involved, like Worrall, for the experience.

Kennett is showing far better form than Cook but I guess Cook has done many more laps around this track.

Lets just hope its not humiliating and hope we don't finish well adrift in 4th. I will be there cheering on GB regardless of the result.

Would have been Bates at reserve for me but the other four pick themselves IMO. Hopefully Bates will be involved, like Worrall, for the experience.

Thought the idea was to pick the best, and Ellis is head and shoulders better than Bates.

One could also make the argument that S Worrall could have been picked above Cook, who has been pretty poor this year.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Kennett is showing far better form than Cook but I guess Cook has done many more laps around this track.

Lets just hope its not humiliating and hope we don't finish well adrift in 4th. I will be there cheering on GB regardless of the result.

Thought the idea was to pick the best, and Ellis is head and shoulders better than Bates.

One could also make the argument that S Worrall could have been picked above Cook, who has been pretty poor this year.

Kennett is poor around big cornered fast tracks, seen enough of him at Sheffield to know that.

I'd hardly say Eliis is head and shoulders above Bates considering Bates is 2x and current British Under 21 Champion and he is in front of Ellis in the World under 21 series this season despite carrying a shoulder injury in the first round at King's Lynn. Although I'm pleased Bates hasn't been picked as he will be available for Sheffield at Edinburgh on Friday now.

• Like 1

I agree about Steve Worrall and as he is on standby he may ride at practice and out ride C Cook, not sure if that happens if Rosco may make a last min change.

• Like 1

I'd hardly say Eliis is head and shoulders above Bates considering Bates is 2x and current British Under 21 Champion and he is in front of Ellis in the World under 21 series this season despite carrying a shoulder injury in the first round at King's Lynn. Although I'm pleased Bates hasn't been picked as he will be available for Sheffield at Edinburgh on Friday now.

Ellis was riding with a broken collarbone at KL

• Like 1

Not a fan of Rossiter at all, but can't fault the team. He's definitely picked the correct 4.

It's now over to the riders to perform, and the BSPA to make sure we get every possible advantage out of being the home nation in terms of preparation for the meeting.