British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Mildenhall -v- Cradley Off

From Mildenhall Fen Tigers facebook page:

From Kevin Jolly -

I have asked Phil [Kirk, club press officer] to reproduce this piece from this Sunday's programme so it can be seen ahead of the meeting.

I will be amongst you all in the crowd on Sunday so please do take the time to speak with me if you wish to discuss the recent events of the last few weeks. I look forward to catching up with many of you on Sunday

Thank you

"It has been some time since our previous home meeting and a great has happened in the ensuing time. With relation to the Cradley meeting I cannot say too much at the moment as at the time of writing this is still an ongoing situation, however I do want to offer my sincere apologies to everyone concerned with the club for my actions on the 19th June. It was a ‘heat of the moment’ decision that I obviously now regret and wish I had handled differently. I was sorry to hear that a number of supporters made a wasted journey and apologise for the confusion on the day. I will be around today amongst the crowd and please come and speak to me if you wish to discuss anything to do with that afternoon".

That's the decision that should have been taken in the first place...fair to everyone.

• Like 4

Sensible decision...

Can only wonder why it wasn't delivered this way initially, anyway, well done to the BSPA for realising the mistake and sorting it...

Strong, clear, sensible administration of the sport...

More of the same to come?

cracking decision, shame it wasn't this originally but at least its been put right

At least they got to the right decision in the end.

Can't help thinking that it's only because of the amount of complaining from supporters and other clubs that they've finally put the decision right.

Shame they didn't get it right in the first place, but with Mr Morrish involved what do you expect.

Echo what others say. At least we got the right decision in the end.

Indeed, the right decision has been reached. Cradley shouldn't have been awarded the league points at the expense of other teams in the league and Mildenhall still have the chance to win back the points they have been deducted on the track.

The only question that remains is whether Mildenhall will lose custom through the gate, as a result of Mr Jolly's actions. I can't imagine that many Heathens fans, for instance, will be likely to attend the re-staging.

gob smacking piece of common sense and fair play, POWER TO THE PEOPLE ! however i think mr jolly got off lightly with his fine for this , i thought national lge riders got fines like this for altercations with other riders and petulance towards the ref ?

Edited by gee jay

Surely the moral thing to do would be stop any points which were going to be awarded to Cradley but, as my learned friend here suggests, take them from Fen Tigers, who are the ones who’ve benefitted. Then replay the match and not some meaningless challenge for the Fen Pork Scratchings Trophy or similar, in its place.

Smacks to me of plagiarism of the highest order by the SCB, or is it a case of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery. I think we should be told.

Whatever it is an Ore some call. Shame about the Fen Pork Scratchings Trophy though.

My next mission is to ensure that the Premier 4s this weekend finishes before the whole crowd have lost the will to live.

Indeed, the right decision has been reached. Cradley shouldn't have been awarded the league points at the expense of other teams in the league and Mildenhall still have the chance to win back the points they have been deducted on the track.

The only question that remains is whether Mildenhall will lose custom through the gate, as a result of Mr Jolly's actions. I can't imagine that many Heathens fans, for instance, will be likely to attend the re-staging.

The crowd vs the IOW was a decent 1 last week,which I doubt included many away fans.Would imagine it will be something similar vs Cradley tbh

Totally agree that we have got to the right decision in the end.

Interesting that Mildenhall have been told to reduce admission prices for the rerun and dish out free programmes.

I wonder what the reduced cost will look like. You would have thought the BSPA would have specified a figure or we could all be looking at a 1p discount!

Correct decision from SCB,

Results should be decided on track, not in the boardroom.

Kevin Jolly made a bad mistake, a huge error of judgement. He's admitted and has fronted up to fans at Mildenhall.

Kevin is one of the good guys....I don't think there are many of us who can say that at some point they haven't got things totally wrong.

Give Kevin credit, cut him some slack...move on...let's see what the result is on track.

I hope no-one boycotts Mildenhall as a result of what has happened.

Hope the actual march is a humdinger.