British Speedway Forum

and you cant really blame those riders if they do.

Horton has had a tremendous amount of goodwill (which probably he doesnt deserve personally) from the riders due to their respect for the club and the fans.

Lets hope the decision to stick with him is justified for those that have.

Agree.

Would that be because of travel difficulties or because your claim (to be a KL fan) is conditional and not totally loyal?

why would i go to one of our rivals to watch us? totally wouldnt interest me at all, it wouldnt be kings lynn.

Dear oh dear its getting more and more pathetic, deadline has come and gone was expecting to come online to hear at least something but silence as usual.

Then you don't know me at all. Stop having a go at people on here and aim your venom at the people who have caused this carnage.

There are some very big rumours going around this morning from different sources.

Like what and who?

Edited by Pirate Oliver

Buster Chaplin? Any relation to Charlie? :lol:

Either that or Buster Keaton.

Then you don't know me at all. Stop having a go at people on here and aim your venom at the people who have caused this carnage.

There are some very big rumours going around this morning from different sources.

and they are all different so believe what you like it's take your pick time with rumours wait till there is something definite then you can shout you big mouth of

and they are all different so believe what you like it's take your pick time with rumours wait till there is something definite then you can shout your big mouth of Edited by kingbee

Pardon, say that in English please.. Leicester will not be taking Coventrys riders on. Coventry would ride there as there home meetings untill something permanant can be sorted.

Although it appears the Leicester promoters do not want the Bees in Leicester under such circumstances. Which is dissapointing

Although it appears the Leicester promoters do not want the Bees in Leicester under such circumstances. Which is dissapointing

Promoter not promoters.

Dave Darcy doesn't want the Bee's at Leicester but it's not his decision.

Buster is the owner of Leicester Speedway and if Coventry are homeless it'll be his decision & his only regardless of Darcy's opinion.

Cracks me up reading this thread at times.

The true speedway fans on here all hoping for a solution and that Coventry come to the tapes, as the Coventry Bees, at Brandon

Then you get the Poole duo clogging up the thread , only these 2 could show such stupidity....Leicester Bees.........pillock!

Clear those 2 from speaking on here and let all the rest of us hope that 1 of the 2 biggest clubs in the Uk (no not Poole) come to the tapes somehow

• Like 1

we do not want or need Coventry at Beaumont Park!

Bloody cuckoo's!

I have never known any club in any sport run in such an appalling manner.

I can think of a few football clubs!! Glasgow Rangers, Blackpool,etc

we do not want or need Coventry at Beaumont Park!

Bloody cuckoo's!

But if that turned out to be the least worst solution I would welcome them.

I can think of a few football clubs!! Glasgow Rangers, Blackpool,etc

Indeed.

The Bees may not even be the worst run in (the) Coventry (area).

Fixtures due for release 9am Tuesday 24th so looks like its all decided.

Just need confirmation of what the decisions are.....

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

Clearly the reason Leicesters team has not been announced is because if Coventry don't, the team will relocate to Leicester.

The news that Lawson is not wanted shows that things have moved on out of the public domain. Moving the whole Coventry 1-7 to Leicester makes business sense. Leicester get their team, which would be better than the teams they have had to put up with in recent seasons, and Coventry fans can make the short trip up the road to watch what would effectively have been the same 1-7 they would have supported at Brandon.

Clearly it would not be called Leicester Bees, as Leicester fans would certainly not want that, but it would solve the problem as to where the riders will go and give them employment.

There would be other issues. If Coventry don't run, would the riders registration go over to the BSPA, or would the Coventry promotion be in a position to "loan" them to Leicester. Or, would Horton muscle Dave Darcy out of the way ( or would Darcy move aside) to move the Coventry promotion lock, stock and barrel up the road.

Whatever way its looked at, there's no getting away from the fact that it will be viewed by all speedway fans as a disaster for the sport. Most of all the loss of a speedway club, which given the current circumstances has very little to no chance of returning in future years. The Coventry fans have been treated abysmally throughout this whole sorry escapade.

The silence throughout "delicate nogotiations" makes very little sense. Whilst the public may not be privvy to the ins and outs of every detail, I have never experienced the complete lack of communication between a sports club and its beleaguered supporters.

Negative rumours abounded this morning about the club moving lock stock and barrel to Leicester. I for one hope the rumours turn out to be false and that somehow, at the very last moment, Coventry Speedway can somehow be saved. And I am sure everyone feels the same.

• Like 6

Clearly the reason Leicesters team has not been announced is because if Coventry don't, the team will relocate to Leicester.

The news that Lawson is not wanted shows that things have moved on out of the public domain. Moving the whole Coventry 1-7 to Leicester makes business sense. Leicester get their team, which would be better than the teams they have had to put up with in recent seasons, and Coventry fans can make the short trip up the road to watch what would effectively have been the same 1-7 they would have supported at Brandon.

Clearly it would not be called Leicester Bees, as Leicester fans would certainly not want that, but it would solve the problem as to where the riders will go and give them employment.

There would be other issues. If Coventry don't run, would the riders registration go over to the BSPA, or would the Coventry promotion be in a position to "loan" them to Leicester. Or, would Horton muscle Dave Darcy out of the way ( or would Darcy move aside) to move the Coventry promotion lock, stock and barrel up the road.

Whatever way its looked at, there's no getting away from the fact that it will be viewed by all speedway fans as a disaster for the sport. Most of all the loss of a speedway club, which given the current circumstances has very little to no chance of returning in future years. The Coventry fans have been treated abysmally throughout this whole sorry escapade.

The silence throughout "delicate nogotiations" makes very little sense. Whilst the public may not be privvy to the ins and outs of every detail, I have never experienced the complete lack of communication between a sports club and its beleaguered supporters.

Negative rumours abounded this morning about the club moving lock stock and barrel to Leicester. I for one hope the rumours turn out to be false and that somehow, at the very last moment, Coventry Speedway can somehow be saved. And I am sure everyone feels the same.

If the Coventry team are going to masquerade as a Leicester team then I will not go to watch them at all....

it will all end in tears I'm afraid!

• Like 2

when Wimbledon moved to Eastbourne mid season that was it for me.

and when Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes, no more football for me.

why would Coventry supporters be expected to go to Leicester?

• Like 2