British Speedway Forum

They were never going to walk away and leave anything that that hadn't been sold with the stadium.

If Horton signs an agreement tonight he will get all new seats and bar fittings. Sounds like a deal to me. :D

If it is absolutely valueless, why not when it will cost you to remove them ? I can understand taking items that could be sold or used again, but wiring and plastic seats?

That's sounds like spite to me - we don't want it or need it, but they aren't getting it, especially if it will help them to carry on.

I'm with foam fence. You do an enormous amount of totally unnecessary damage and then say you will pay for it to be replaced ? That's bizarre.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Hate to say it, but this was always going to happen with a Horton, we all warned you what a cock he was.

Feel for you bees, most you guys/girls are great people, hope your not lost from the sport, you'll always have a space at the showground.

• Like 1

The really sad thing is.....

No more speedway at Brandon

The stadium owners (assuming Sandhu isn't part of Brandon Estates) are not involved

Rugby Borough Coucil have told the owners they can't build houses for 3 years (whoops, sorry, we're not supposed to know this).

We, the faithful fans, face watching our home of speedway, falling into disrepair everytime we drive past in the next 3 years.

Nigel would be turning in his grave, had it not been dug up.

Edited by False dawn

Whoever is to blame for this if it is the end what a shameful way for a club with a great history like Coventry to go.The end should have been a massive farewell meeting giving the fans a chance to say goodbye.No way should a club have an end like this totally shameful by all concerned with no consideration for the fans what so ever.

I hope this post is a waste of my time and all partys can come to an agreement to run in 2017.

Sincerely hope that this isn't the end for Coventry, but I don't think there will be another meeting at Brandon. Why remove and smash perfectly good seats if your going to turn round send say that they could be refitted? If the place is being bulldozed at some point, then it's hardly worth buying new furniture?

Had some great visits there over the years and have always been one of the best and most professional speedway clubs around until the last few seasons under Horton, when it appears he's become more interested in playing games with Sandhu.

If it is absolutely valueless, why not when it will cost you to remove them ? I can understand taking items that could be sold or used again, but wiring and plastic seats?

That's sounds like spite to me - we don't want it or need it, but they aren't getting it, especially if it will help them to carry on.

I'm with foam fence. You do an enormous amount of totally unnecessary damage and then say you will pay for it to be replaced ? That's bizarre.

Surely wiring can be sold as scrap metal?And plastic seating can possibly be sold on.The speedway stadium at Norden is fitted out with the old seats from Werder Bremens stadium.The thing i don't understand though is it has been stated that the seats were broken up.That sounds a bit crazy

Whilst Sandhu is within his rights to take what is his, what is not right is vandalism to the stadium. The photos clearly show the ceilings smashed up, and the wiring ripped out of the refs box. This is not removing personal items, it is making sure no one else can use it.

Sandhu is open here to be prosecuted for vandalising the stadium. Coventry fans need to report the stadium vandalism to the police as it is a criminal act. By law they will have to act.

Come on Bees fans get on the blower to the old bill.

Not sure about the prosecution, Steve, but otherwise I agree.

It certainly seems more about making the stadium unfit for purpose than removing valuable assets.

• Like 1

looks like there is more to this than meets the eye - or put another way, more than what we have been told, which is not a lot.

speculation of who and what is behind the cause of this terrible state of affairs is doing us no good, though maybe it helps release the disappointment & frustration being felt by many.

Feels like Sandhu & Horton have arrived at some sort of stalemate re part of the negotiation for the use of the stadium and for reasons not known or understood Sandhu has retaliated with some pretty strong actions. Usually its best not to do such things in the heat of the moment and this maybe something done which ultimately nobody will benefit by.

Not sure whos nose has been cut off to spite whose face, but seems like speedway fans will suffer the most.

such a shame - I hope it can get sorted...I have loved hating the BEES (cus I'm a Lion through & through) since the 60's and would hate to see them go especially this way..so unfair to the history of a great club.

Surely wiring can be sold as scrap metal?And plastic seating can possibly be sold on.The speedway stadium at Norden is fitted out with the old seats from Werder Bremens stadium.The thing i don't understand though is it has been stated that the seats were broken up.That sounds a bit crazy

Is it worth it though, Iris ?

And your point about breaking the seats up merely adds fuel to the argument that this isn't about retrieving items of value or use but simply doing as much damage as possible.

Why pay someone to remove all the seats and then smash them up ?

Lets hope that Cov Council get made aware of the wanton damage done to the facility..

Maybe will sway them in their dealings with Sandhu?

Time to get organised Bees Fans and bombard your councillors with your disgust at his actions..

And as mentioned, maybe get the Police involved too...

Makes for good copy in the local rags...

• Like 2

I will say one thing. If you think this is the end of Bees fandom, then think again.

Easy words? Yes. But we are already sponsoring one of next year's team. I hate to think he'll be riding elsewhere, but our support continues regardless.

If you think can kill us Mr Sandhu, Mr Horton or whoever is responsible, you have another think coming.

Whilst Sandhu is within his rights to take what is his, what is not right is vandalism to the stadium. The photos clearly show the ceilings smashed up, and the wiring ripped out of the refs box. This is not removing personal items, it is making sure no one else can use it.

Sandhu is open here to be prosecuted for vandalising the stadium. Coventry fans need to report the stadium vandalism to the police as it is a criminal act. By law they will have to act.

Come on Bees fans get on the blower to the old bill.

Both him and Horton are as bad as each other. Both behaving like children. I feel for the Coventry fans, riders and staff. They don't deserve to be kicked in the teeth like this

• Like 2

They had no choice to do that. Tomorrow is their last day as lease holders.

If they didn't get their property removed by then Horton gets the lot for free, that isn't right or fair

Agree with that. However what doesn't make sense is that Sandhu is prepared, at his cost, to put in new fixtures and fittings if Horton signs and agrees. Either he has money to burn or has the ego the size of Warwickshire.

Sandhu genuinely loved the Bees, then the vultures shafted him and the rest is history.

And now he cares not a jot and is happy to see the fans without a track, What a guy.

I have information that the lease starts on January 1st, not tomorrow.