British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Pl Draft Riders

So then people, how does it work?

Edinburgh have theirs missing with no facility allowed and get to use Mitchell Davey who has previously averaged in excess of 4.

Glasgow have their missing due to injury but cannot use Rob Branford as a guest - Rob has never achieved a 4+ average AFAIK.

Peterborough have a foreigner at #7 despite the fact the draft riders have to ride at #7

What the hell is going on?

Edinburgh have theirs missing with no facility allowed and get to use Mitchell Davey who has previously averaged in excess of 4.

Glasgow have their missing due to injury but cannot use Rob Branford as a guest - Rob has never achieved a 4+ average AFAIK.

Peterborough have a foreigner at #7 despite the fact the draft riders have to ride at #7

Good luck with that one as i don't think anyone knows what is going on even the decision makers.

• Like 3

Just made up as it goes along,as usual.As you can see it is all about interpretation of the rules which there seems to be a few different views among the Promotions. Edited by Fromafar

Pretty sure the draft rider at 7 was for" Initial teams building only" when the new averages kicked in it was lowest 2 riders at 6 and 7.

I found this while checking

Clarification

Article 23: APPENDICES

The SCB Members reviewed the Regulations in relation to the varying Penalties being applied to the following Articles.

It was decided that uniformity was to be a key factor and therefore decided that there should be PRESCREPTIVE PENALTIES for these

Offences.

Art 5.4.4 : Riding on the Infield (prior to a Heat) : Classed as a Starting offence (ie. Included in Art 15.3) therefore the Penalty is as

described in Art 15.16 (Handicap Heat rules)

Art 5.4.4: Riding on the Infield (after a Heat): Fine of 1 “point” (1st Offence / not causing danger)

or as permitted in Art 3.4.1.2 if considered dangerous or is a 2nd offence.

Art 15.3: Classed as a Starting Offence (Penalty as described in Art 15.16)

Art 15.3.1 : Warning for 1st Offence, (if the Rider commits a 2nd offence during the Meeting,

the Penalty is as described in Art 15.16)

For clarity therefore:

A Handicap or Reserve Replacement is to be the penalty for each of the following:

Touching the Tapes

Returning into the Pits

Exceeding 2-minute time allowance

Riding across the Infield (prior to the start of a Heat)

A 2nd Offence (following a Warning) during the Meeting of incorrectly preparing the gate, disobeying

the Start Marshal and moving during illumination of the Green Light before release of the Tapes.

Note : Gate preparation after the expiry of the 2 minute warning is an offence as per Art 15.3

Issued: Wednesday 13th July 2016

A lack of joined up thinking. The #7 restrictions only applied on initial declaration according to the regs so Robert should have been able to guest as far as I'm concerned. It's possible to read the regs to allow Edinburgh a facility which would allow them to use Davey in contradiction of a rule that says they can't. The bottom line is, it's broken & I have no faith in the people that are going to have have to sort it out.

• Like 3

A lack of joined up thinking. The #7 restrictions only applied on initial declaration according to the regs so Robert should have been able to guest as far as I'm concerned. It's possible to read the regs to allow Edinburgh a facility which would allow them to use Davey in contradiction of a rule that says they can't. The bottom line is, it's broken & I have no faith in the people that are going to have have to sort it out.

Well the bottom line is it does need sorted and quickly!!!!!

Hardly seems fair one team being able to use r/r for their #7 while another team isn't allowed a guest up to the average of the injured rider, who is still at #7, both of whom are injured.(if it was only meant for initial team building)

Then again it's speedway, the self destruct button was pressed years ago!!!!!!!

Let's see Busters new rule book next year.

Edited by speed ace

It is all beyond my understanding,,(to complicated..)Iwill leave this one to Alan Jones and others who study the rules and try to make some sense of them and good luck guys..

Really don't know what the problem is with either of these two being able to guest, as both were being used to replace riders with a similar>higher average.

Irrespective of their previous averages, surely it's the current one that should count.

And yes I do know it states in the rules about previous pl average over 4 and the amended rule about eligibility at start of season. Does the latter not contradict it only valid for team building at start of the year. (Haven't seen this rule or the one about riders being able to move into team if average allows).

Peterborough told that Perry rides in the 1-5 when his average went to 5.58.

As others have said they just make it up as they go along, I don't think anyone at the BSPA anticipated any if the PL draft riders would ever get out if the reserve berths so it wasn't considered.

• Like 2

Peterborough told that Perry rides in the 1-5 when his average went to 5.58.

As others have said they just make it up as they go along, I don't think anyone at the BSPA anticipated any if the PL draft riders would ever get out if the reserve berths so it wasn't considered.

Boxall cause the same problem a few years ago,they hadn't thought of that scenario either.The rule book is just a joke.

Well with promises made by Buster Chapman and a new SCB manager shortly to be installed I sincerely hope the rulebook is sorted out and administered properly and fairly.

We will see.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the draft rider at 7 was for" Initial teams building only" when the new averages kicked in it was lowest 2 riders at 6 and 7.

That was my understanding too. Maybe it's just co-incidence that ALL clubs are using their #7 at #7. but wasn't there a rule that said the #7 was protected in heat 4 too?

Well with promises made by Buster Chapman and a new SCB manager shortly to be installed I sincerely hope the rulebook is sorted out and administered properly and fairly.

We will see.

Well that depends if they select the right person!

• Like 1

When they wanted to encourage YOUNG GB riders, it should have been.

1) Age as at 31 December 2016. 25 years and under.

2) an allocation of seven points to be split between 2 GB eligible reserves. Go with a 4.00 and a 3.0 or say 3.2,3.8 etc.

• Like 1

Spot on SCB. What made it worse was that I've heard that Glasgow also tried to get Mitchell Davey for a meeting for the injured Danny Ayres but were told no by the authorities; yet Davey guested for dan bewley whose average is less than danny Ayres!!!!!