British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Belle Vue V King's Lynn Wed 24th Aug

we will struggle against other sides top end as we have a mis firing number one who you wouldnt back against the likes of Woffinden, Lindgren, Jonsson, or Holder.

Thing is sadly Holder is also a misfiring No. 1

Poole should have a new signing in place by Monday so maybe they will offer more back up to Holder

Well that wasn't in the script. King's Lynn fully deserved their victory. Lindgren again showed his liking for the NSS, Lambert confirmed what a talent he is and Huckenbeck was superb. It was good to see Rory back on a bike after yet another serious injury and he was certainly worth more than his 2 points.

It was one of those nights for the Aces when 6 of them all had an off night at the same time. There was no lack of effort but the track was unusual, having only an outside line and once riders were on that it got more difficult to pass as the meeting wore on and the line moved out close to the fence. The only exception was Jacobs, he rode really well as witnessed by his three wins.

No need to panic yet. Subtracting points lost at home from those gained away we are still +22, Poole are+11 and Wolves +12, so we still have some leeway to retain top spot. I'm sure Mark Lemon will get them sorted ready for Monday.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

What gave me away?

Even Jeremy Corbyn would have found a seat tonight!!

Don't you believe it. .. Don't believe anything he says or does.....

On the face of this meeting based on current form, it was never going to pull in a big crowd with most people assuming it to be a walk over win for the Aces. That is the problem when teams are performing badly, they don't insure confidence and as fans won't travel to witness a walkover. I am sure had Lynn been positioned near the top of the league ,instead of the bottom, the meeting would have attracted a bigger crowd.....

• Like 1

Match report.

NEED TO DO BETTER.

1 to 6 have a word with Joe Jacobs on how to set a bike up for Belle vue.

Mr Zagar bring a bike over that is fast enougth to compete round the Belle vue track.

Nothing sad about that :wink:

Don't you believe it. .. Don't believe anything he says or does.....

On the face of this meeting based on current form, it was never going to pull in a big crowd with most people assuming it to be a walk over win for the Aces. That is the problem when teams are performing badly, they don't insure confidence and as fans won't travel to witness a walkover. I am sure had Lynn been positioned near the top of the league ,instead of the bottom, the meeting would have attracted a bigger crowd.....

Oh God....

Don't really want to say this but being an honest fella I have to...

DOC/FF/Whoever, does have a point (granted, the only salient one he ever makes) when he says the play offs effect crowds in meetings such as this...

I was 'wavering' as to whether to attend as we are virtually there so it didn't have any major bearing on our play off qualification.

Then I saw that the meeting had been arranged knowing full well that NKI and Fricke couldn't be there and that Wolves and Cov would send riders instead and decided "joke sport, you've made my mind up, sod paying money for that"...

However, if the meeting had been worth 3 points towards a Championship Title, and so late in the season, it would have taken on a significantly higher ranking of importance that I would have (as sadly we always seem to have to) put up with the sports ludicrous guest rules and attended..

Personally I think the playoffs are good as it does keep seasons alive for teams that are cut adrift from the No1 spot, and gives the sport a grand finale, however I do believe it does negatively effect attendances in the lead up to them by rendering a good many meetings, effectively 'dead rubbers'...

There, said it....

Now going for a wash!!😁

• Like 1

"What a terrible crowd at Belle Vue tonight. A couple of hundred at best?"

Just curious Steve, how did you know what the crowd was like at Belle Vue last night? If it was as low as you said, then that really is a worry for the BV Management. Even with a new stadium and a top of the table team, you still have to market your product in any business. Unfortunately this seems to be the downfall of our sport in general these days.

Lets hope the Stars can do the same to the Wolves tonight as they did to the Aces last night. Weather forecast for West Norfolk tonight suggests the risk of thundery showers though.

It was certainly more than a coupe of hundred, my guess would be about 1,000. Not good but King's Lynn were not expected to be strong opposition, how wrong that proved to be, we are already pretty much safe for the play offs and people are probably saving their cash for the more attractive visit of Poole on Monday.

Traffic in the area was also gridlocked due to Manchester City's match and an accident and that may have put some off.

The best team won on the night,

That does not make us a poor team..... just last night's performance was not good enough.

Plenty of good racing.

We are still capable of winning the league. Top spot gives us the advantage of picking our semi opponents.. let us hope we keep at the top,

• Like 1

"What a terrible crowd at Belle Vue tonight. A couple of hundred at best?"

Just curious Steve, how did you know what the crowd was like at Belle Vue last night? If it was as low as you said, then that really is a worry for the BV Management. Even with a new stadium and a top of the table team, you still have to market your product in any business. Unfortunately this seems to be the downfall of our sport in general these days.

Saw the crowd myself watching heat 15. Place looked almosr deserted. If there were 1000 there most left before then last race.

Yes you have to market the product. Poole was packed last night against no hopers Leicester. Guess Ford knows how to market a meeting.

Are you STILL going on about top spot mattering? What is the point of something mattering when it doesn't attract fans? When I looked the pre-booked stand tickets for this meeting was the lowest of the season!

The top team in the league with only a handful of meetings to go and it looks like it could have been the lowest gate of the season. Those Swedish attendance figures probably do paint an accurate picture of the damage the qualifier and cup does.

Hopefully be a decent crowd on Monday but the advanced tickets are about the same as they were for Lakeside so sadly not looking great at the moment.

On current form this did look a walk in the park for Belle Vue which is why the crowd was down, I have said previously Kings Lynn have a decent team when they all turn up and a much better team when Lambert turns up.

It may not matter to Belle Vue if they finish top but i assure you Poole will be trying their utmost to finish top as they would not want to go to Wolves for the semi final and they know the benefits of having the second leg of the final at home and as a fan that is what i want too.

Hopefully the crowd will be good on monday as it was at Swindon and not adversely affected by the cameras being there,

Saw the crowd myself watching heat 15. Place looked almosr deserted. If there were 1000 there most left before then last race.

Yes you have to market the product. Poole was packed last night against no hopers Leicester. Guess Ford knows how to market a meeting.

What you're really saying is that there must have been about 200 in the main stand because from the heat 15 Periscope you can't take a judgement on how many where in the backstraight stand.

Quite possibly the luxury of the more expensive seats has worn thin and people are opting for the cheaper standing areas?

On current form this did look a walk in the park for Belle Vue which is why the crowd was down, I have said previously Kings Lynn have a decent team when they all turn up and a much better team when Lambert turns up.

It may not matter to Belle Vue if they finish top but i assure you Poole will be trying their utmost to finish top as they would not want to go to Wolves for the semi final and they know the benefits of having the second leg of the final at home and as a fan that is what i want too.

Hopefully the crowd will be good on monday as it was at Swindon and not adversely affected by the cameras being there,

Yes - great benefits of losing to Swindon in the second leg at home a few years back :wink:

• Like 1