British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Edinburgh V Glasgow , Ko Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg Fri 26th August 2016 At 7-30 P.m.

Won this battle but lost the War. Good to see some speedway tho and a great crowd.

Poor meeting racing wise apart from Dan playing with Danny in a couple races 😆. But close score kept it interesting.

Glasgow played it well and knew what had to be done, nothing silly and keep the points ticking over.

Let's get a Scottish name back on that trophy.

• Like 5

Tigers obviously just done enough to get through ,but I think they will be might struggle over 2 legs against the better teams ,Garcia and Ayers were very poor tonight.Worrel was excellent but Lawson and Summers seem to have hit a bad patch.Interesting times ahead.

Pretty much accurate , except Danny Ayres wasn't that far away from getting to grips with Armadale . He gated well and although we were waiting on him to make a mistake , which inevitably came and he wasn't done any favours by Lawson in one race , a wee bit more experience round tracks like that and he'll be ok .

Richie Worrall was our stand out , and Lawson and Bach gave him steady support . Lunna tried hard and was unlucky in heat 2 , Summers was poor and Garcia was awful . But it was a meeting , not a classic by any means , of 3-3's which suited our needs perfectly . After about 4 heats it was obvious the target of 34 was going to be reached comfortably . Newcastle's current form could mean we might have to win at Armadale in a couple weeks to finish in the top 2 , that task wont be as easy as last night's objective was .

Pretty much accurate , except Danny Ayres wasn't that far away from getting to grips with Armadale . He gated well and although we were waiting on him to make a mistake , which inevitably came and he wasn't done any favours by Lawson in one race , a wee bit more experience round tracks like that and he'll be ok .

Richie Worrall was our stand out , and Lawson and Bach gave him steady support . Lunna tried hard and was unlucky in heat 2 , Summers was poor and Garcia was awful . But it was a meeting , not a classic by any means , of 3-3's which suited our needs perfectly . After about 4 heats it was obvious the target of 34 was going to be reached comfortably . Newcastle's current form could mean we might have to win at Armadale in a couple weeks to finish in the top 2 , that task wont be as easy as last night's objective was .

think Lawson and Summers doubling up and Summers Swedish jaunts might be making then jaded towards the end of the season,probably don't have the back up that top riders have.

think Lawson and Summers doubling up and Summers Swedish jaunts might be making then jaded towards the end of the season,probably don't have the back up

that top riders have.

Don't think you are a million miles away with that.

Both have hit a bit of a slump in form off late. Rich to a lesser extent than Aaron but im sure they won't be happy and will be working to get back to what we know they are capable off

This Topic which you involved yourself in :-

Glasgow V Edinburgh Ko Cup Sunday 31 July 2016 Started Jul 16 2016

and which you avoided responding to the specific points raised in the following posts:-

Oh & BTW still awaiting for you to acknowledge that you falsely stated the Monarchs had advised the change on the Sunday morning which was exposed as untrue in the SCB Statement.

Here's the link as it appears you might not have read this:-

http://www.speedwayg...hp?extend.30910

Furthermore, as you are still avoiding admitting you made a false accusation in post #69 on the Scunny vs Edinburgh thread, asserting Edinburgh only informed Scunny of the change, late Sunday morning,

When you have been found out making a false accusation, why not admit it Rob?

I still haven't got a clue what you're talking about. :D

Go back through the Scunny vs Edinburgh thread and everyone only found about Davey riding early Sunday afternoon. Edinburgh made no mention of Davey in their pre-meeting Press Release. The Edinburgh website included Bewley on Saturday evening, and was edited around Sunday lunchtime. If I recall, there was a discussion between The Scotsman, Blobby and myself about the sudden appearance of Davey on the Edinburgh website.

Personally, I edited the Scunny website early afternoon, after reading the Edinburgh website.

What about this is false?

It's now rather clear that Edinburgh tracked an illegal side that day, and got away with it on a technicality, but you seem unable to admit this.

Anyway, back to topic and well done to Glasgow on their aggregate victory. It's nice to see a club who plays it cleanly progress to the next round.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Well done Glasgow, taking no risks and doing what was required...... It's up to you now to keep the trophy North of the border

• Like 1

The way I see it is Danny is a pretty good gater and he is fast going into bends........it's half way round and coming out where he loses his speed and momentum due to scrubbing off speed and not getting his wheels in line quickly enough. He maybe needs to sacrifice a wee bit of his ingoing speed and concentrate on his exit. Easy to say, but probably not so easy to do.

I still haven't got a clue what you're talking about. :D

Go back through the Scunny vs Edinburgh thread and everyone only found about Davey riding early Sunday afternoon. Edinburgh made no mention of Davey in their pre-meeting Press Release. The Edinburgh website included Bewley on Saturday evening, and was edited around Sunday lunchtime. If I recall, there was a discussion between The Scotsman, Blobby and myself about the sudden appearance of Davey on the Edinburgh website.

Personally, I edited the Scunny website early afternoon, after reading the Edinburgh website.

What about this is false?

It's now rather clear that Edinburgh tracked an illegal side that day, and got away with it on a technicality, but you seem unable to admit this.

Anyway, back to topic and well done to Glasgow on their aggregate victory. It's nice to see a club who plays it cleanly progress to the next round.

All the best

Rob

Here is the verbatim extract from the SCB Statement of 22/7/2016 :-

"Furthermore, Edinburgh advised Scunthorpe by SMS at 15:14 on Friday 15th July (72 hours prior to the Meeting Start time) of the fact that Mitchell Davey would be the G rider replacing Dan Bewley."

Are you implying that the veracity of the SCB statement is false and your allegation of events is true and accurate?

I know who I believe, and perhaps the SCB and the BSPA will not take too kindly to Scunthorpe Speedway's Press Officer publicly accusing them of issuing false content and refusing to retract his comments.

Edited by cyclone

"Furthermore, Edinburgh advised Scunthorpe by SMS at 15:14 on Friday 15th July (72 hours prior to the Meeting Start time) of the fact that Mitchell Davey would be the G rider replacing Dan Bewley."

Are you implying that the veracity of the SCB statement is false and your allegation of events is true and accurate?

I know who I believe, and perhaps the SCB and the BSPA will not take too kindly to Scunthorpe Speedway's Press Officer publicly accusing them of issuing false content and refusing to retract his comments.

And they will probably just treat it as handbags

Very Small minority of supporters having a pop at Danny and garcia for not being 7 pointers is a nonsense. Danny gated terrific last night and garcia has been at no2 when he came in as a 3 pointer. Right enough it's a very small bunch.

Eh? You're bonkers :D

Where did I say the statement was false? It's very clear what the statement says. And what it doesn't say.

I said I didn't find out until early Sunday afternoon. Nor did nearly everyone else. Go back to the Scunny v Edinburgh thread and read posts 16, 17 and 18 on the thread. It reveals that I didn't know. Nor did my opposite number who updates the Edinburgh website, well not until late Sunday morning in any case, which is when the Edinburgh website was updated. You seem to be mistaken that either the role of Press Officer or Web Manager are licensed officials - they are not.

I've got nothing to retract, since that SMS was not sent to me. I didn't find out until Sunday, along with the Edinburgh web manager.

Again, trying to drag the thread back onto topic, job well done by Glasgow last night. I don't think Edinburgh are capable of beating either Glasgow or Somerset on aggregate this season, and they may have to do both, if they are to win a unique hat-trick of league titles at second tier level.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

think Lawson and Summers doubling up and Summers Swedish jaunts might be making then jaded towards the end of the season,probably don't have the back up that top riders have.

They have been involved in some bad crashes in the EL over the past few weeks and not of there making. so they and there bikes have taken a bit of a bashing. With Leicester and Lakeside unlikely to make the EL play-offs should help us when it comes to the PL play-offs and 2 cup semi-finals.

Won this battle but lost the War. Good to see some speedway tho and a great crowd.

Poor meeting racing wise apart from Dan playing with Danny in a couple races . But close score kept it interesting.

Glasgow played it well and knew what had to be done, nothing silly and keep the points ticking over.

Let's get a Scottish name back on that trophy.

Like the Tigers would be cheering us on to get a Scottish name on the trophy?Sorry dont get that CJ..have you been nobbled by Don Facenna?Tiggers facebook was a revelation last night 'We beat the Scumbags' and other pearls..aye very good

Like the Tigers would be cheering us on to get a Scottish name on the trophy?Sorry dont get that CJ..have you been nobbled by Don Facenna?Tiggers facebook was a revelation last night 'We beat the Scumbags' and other pearls..aye very good

I've tried hard but can't find any mention of scumbags but your right we won't be supporting you in this years cup competitions mainly cos you've been knocked out both times by the tigers 😊

• Like 3

Couldn't care what others choose to say, tend to avoid the so called banter that takes place. I have family and friends on both sides. And of course I prefer edin to win but if we can't then I hope Glasgow do. Nothing wrong with that is there?

Edited by Cj69
  • Like 4