British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Edinburgh V Glasgow , Ko Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg Fri 26th August 2016 At 7-30 P.m.

Fair point :D

Yeah, not sure why mechanics become involved. A bit of handbags is fine, but it should be between the two riders only (after they've dismounted from the bikes, of course). It's a bit like the GP last year. If Nicki and Sam Masters want to have a barney, that's between them, but why did Nicki's crew pit dive in and confront Masters... no need.

All the best

Rob

Fair point indeed. :D

By the way don't let the weirdo get to you.

• Like 1

The Ref should be handing out fines to mechanics who go fighting.I agree let the riders sort themselves out,mechanics should not be interfering.

They do . Via the rider up to the rider to pass on the fine.

Aaron summers mechanic got a £80 fine last season for a fist fight on track (ironic eh)

However in the Edinburgh pits the ref can not see what goes on , he can only go on what the

Clerk of the course reports to him. If he didn't see it then end of.

I'm not condoning the actions of a Edinburgh pit crew member , however the paper says it was unprovoked

I've seen photos of Aaron being held back on the track by another mechanic trying to calm him down.

Now to me that makes it seem a total different story to that in the paper.

It's a heat of the moment incident and probably would have been forgetting about , but dragged up in a trashy paper

More coverage about this than you normally get ?

• Like 1

The Ref should be handing out fines to mechanics who go fighting.I agree let the riders sort themselves out,mechanics should not be interfering.

It is within the rules to exclude offending mechanics/hangers on, etc, from the pits, and also fine the rider for not controlling his pit crew.

• Like 1

Why don't you two continue your spat on the Scunny- Edinburgh page and give us peace?

Or take it to personal messages and give us all peace. It's in the past now and won't be changed so it's time to move on as you will obviously never agree

• Like 1

Aaron summers mechanic got a £80 fine last season for a fist fight on track (ironic eh)

However in the Edinburgh pits the ref can not see what goes on , he can only go on what the

I'm not condoning the actions of a Edinburgh pit crew member , however the paper says it was unprovoked

I've seen photos of Aaron being held back on the track by another mechanic trying to calm him down.

It's a heat of the moment incident and probably would have been forgetting about , but dragged up in a trashy paper

Thats the problem the Home Clerk of the Course never sees anything concerning a home rider or mechanic, end of.

It is within the rules to exclude offending mechanics/hangers on, etc, from the pits, and also fine the rider for not controlling his pit crew.

I can see a ban coming up. :t:

The ref can only act on what he sees ..... Or what is reported by an official, but ...... That's where the "3 monkey syndrome" kicks in OR the "gob" that wants a rider banned

As I've said before, speedway is a high adrenaline sport and red mist is almost certain to descend occasionally

For the record, I do not condone mechanics involvement except to pull the hyper riders away and calm the situation down

• Like 2

If you're referring to yesterday's Sun article where does it say "unprovoked"?

In the early 2000's there was a pits altercation between a mechanic/ helper / hanger on and Peter Carr that resulted in the rider getting a broken collarbone. At the return fixture at Arma, Campbell declined entry to that individual.

Perhaps this should be applied in this case.

1. It's the sun they make up stories on a daily basis

2. Not even they are sure if it actually happened considering they said in the article "allegedly headbutted"

Here is the verbatim extract from the SCB Statement of 22/7/2016 :-

"Furthermore, Edinburgh advised Scunthorpe by SMS at 15:14 on Friday 15th July (72 hours prior to the Meeting Start time) of the fact that Mitchell Davey would be the G rider replacing Dan Bewley."

Are you implying that the veracity of the SCB statement is false and your allegation of events is true and accurate?

I know who I believe, and perhaps the SCB and the BSPA will not take too kindly to Scunthorpe Speedway's Press Officer publicly accusing them of issuing false content and refusing to retract his comments.

that statement is false surely?? Fri 15th july to sunday 17th july= 72 hours??? Am i missing something here, as usual :)

In the early 2000's there was a pits altercation between a mechanic/ helper / hanger on and Peter Carr that resulted in the rider getting a broken collarbone. At the return fixture at Arma, Campbell declined entry to that individual.

Perhaps this should be applied in this case.

It was a supporter and he was banned from Ashfield for a few seasons.

1. It's the sun they make up stories on a daily basis

2. Not even they are sure if it actually happened considering they said in the article "allegedly headbutted"

Mr B defending the realm for a change!

Well, if The Sun story proves to be correct, then his credibility is less than The Sun.

Allegedly.

Re Friday's meeting, this quote from the Edinburgh website is worth mentioning:-

"The collection for the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund on Friday raised the magnificent sum of £1580.45. Thanks to all who contributed so generously and to the riders of both teams who enthusiastically uplifted the collection."

P.S. My donation went in Aaron Summers bucket :)

• Like 3

A good positive conclusion to this thread perhaps.

• Like 3