British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krompa

Gp Challenge Vetlanda Sep 3rd - Any Tv Coverage?

I'd argue third

You're going to have to put me out of my misery. I can't think who the other is

When you watched Lindgren on Monday night it was hard to believe it was the same rider as today.Think it really shows what they think of GB just topping up earnings.!

Yep. KK should have bought his British bikes along this afternoon!

With three Poles already in the top eight, and possibly there to stay, and another Pole in next year with Dudek, will BSI award Hampel a one of the wild card picks for next season, probably not IMO.

Doubt he will get a wildcard. 5 Poles is too many and there needs to be riders from a selection of countries. Lambert completely outclassed. Expected him to score 6-7 so that is disappointing.

We do need two Brits in the series. Just who, is the issue.

The reserves for the season used to come from the GP challenge but they are now selected. There is no guarantee that Bjerre will be on the

reserves list despite finishing 4th today.

I think you are wrong. Its how Lindgren and Kildemand got GP rides in 2015 and 16

Marky is correct. Riders placed 4-6 in the GP challenge are used in order, if more riders

are needed then BIS/FIM can select anyone they want.

This is the second time in a row that Lindgren finished top 3 in the GP challenge on this track.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Yep. KK should have bought his British bikes along this afternoon!

Doubt he will get a wildcard. 5 Poles is too many and there needs to be riders from a selection of countries. Lambert completely outclassed. Expected him to score 6-7 so that is disappointing.

Not so sure why we need two Brits, apart from Woffinden there isn't another credible alternative, maybe Lambert one day will be good enough but as today shows he is a long way from mixing it against these sorts of riders.

Stonehewer and ......

Marky is correct. Riders placed 4-6 in the GP challenge are used in order, if more riders

are needed then BIS/FIM can select anyone they want.

Michael Jepsen Jensen is 2nd reserve for this season despite not racing in the GP challenge last year.

Edit - Of course he was maybe selected to replace PK who got a wild card. That would make sense from the way you describe it.

Edited by HenryW

Not so sure why we need two Brits, apart from Woffinden there isn't another credible alternative, maybe Lambert one day will be good enough but as today shows he is a long way from mixing it against these sorts of riders.

Stonehewer and ......

Stachman and Zetterstrom ?

Stachman and Zetterstrom ?

Staechman certainly took part in the first series of SGP in 95, and I guess could have been riding for Long Eaton so you could well be right.

The reserves for the season used to come from the GP challenge but they are now selected. There is no guarantee that Bjerre will be on the reserves list despite finishing 4th today.

That's correct - http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/download/57331/no_cache/1/ (see Page 25 of the regulations).

If Freddie Lindgren finishes in the top 8 for 2016 then Kenneth Bjerre would step up into the 2017 series.

Obviously your favorite rider Tai Woffinden and B B B B B B Bomber !

What an excellent opportunity

• Like 1

Britain should have two riders in the comp minimum, so give Lambert a wild card in place of Harris if he fails to qualify.

Lambert won't be in the GP in 2017. After todays result he has stated that he's not at that level yet.

If you accept that the Premier League is equivalent to its predecessors (BL2 etc) then Long Eaton's Jan Steachmann came 10th in the 1994 World Final and as a result qualified for the 1995 Grand Prix series.

If you accept that the Premier League is equivalent to its predecessors (BL2 etc) then Long Eaton's Jan Steachmann came 10th in the 1994 World Final and as a result qualified for the 1995 Grand Prix series.

But if we're going down that route and assume the World Final was the precursor to the SGP then a number of second division riders have raced in the World Championship finals ;)

Disappointing for Robert but he never had a hope today on a gater's track. Has to look at it as an invaluable experience and build on it for next year, still has plenty of time on his side BUT has to learn to make starts.

But if we're going down that route and assume the World Final was the precursor to the SGP then a number of second division riders have raced in the World Championship finals ;)

And one won it. :lol: