British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

No he would not. Someone asked this question on the SGB Twitter page and it was confirmed that only riders who have ridden PL and did not attain a 3pt average would be on a 2 - the specific question related to Jack Smith and JPB and the response was they would come on a 3pt average whereas the likes of Josh Bailey would 2.05

When did Jack Smith get a PL average ?

When did Jack Smith get a PL average ?

He hasn't that's why he'll come in on a 3 point average as has been posted previously!

• Like 2

It's ok scoring plenty in the NL but any new rider moving into the pl will find it hard no matter who they are I would rather have a kid that's done a year and experienced all away tracks and josh did OK around Scunny against other 3 pointers and coming back as a 2 pointer is a no brainier really

• Like 1

It's ok scoring plenty in the NL but any new rider moving into the pl will find it hard no matter who they are I would rather have a kid that's done a year and experienced all away tracks and josh did OK around Scunny against other 3 pointers and coming back as a 2 pointer is a no brainier really

Makes sense to me and i like it. Gives those that have a season at PL and take find time their feet another chance on a more attractive lower average but also makes it feasible to include new riders stepping up.

I understand what your saying about Josh but in the meetings Jack Smith came in at the end he scored better than Josh had hence why it's a tough decision. I do honestly think it will be Jack Smith at number 7 at reserve for the coming season

I understand what your saying about Josh but in the meetings Jack Smith came in at the end he scored better than Josh had hence why it's a tough decision. I do honestly think it will be Jack Smith at number 7 at reserve for the coming season

Glasgow?

It will for Glasgow but who will Scunny have ?.

The 40 point limit puts to bed pretentions of including a 'big hitter' for me. Li'l Josh on 2.00 - if correct looks like a no brainer.

This strengthens the case for getting MPT on board; as he is one rider who can step up at Championship level and can ride Premiership. We have to adopt the approach that we are assembling a team to push for promotion and for the nucleus of that team to serve us once we get there. So for me MPT (7.01), Lewis (6.16), Ryan (7.18) and Big Josh (7.10) are a good nucleus thinking forward.

So that would leave us on 29.45 and 10.55 to shuffle with. Wilko(6.12) and Fritz (5.00) is the decision for me. If we go with Wilko we would have 4.43 left and if it was Fritz it would be 5.55 left. We all love Fritz caused a 'revolution' round the EWR when he arrived but do we need tried trusted over a season?. Because if we do; then you might go with Wilko in a top five.

With Rye House promoted to the Premiership how about Leigh Lanham on 4.34 as the reserve partner to Li'l Josh ? Bags of experience and a steal for me on that average !.

I absolutely do not want to lose Fritz; he definitely ups the entertainment level without question; but something's got to give. I wondered if we could do a deal with Fritz as our 'go to rider' in the event of injury and then see where we are end of June and if we needed to make a change bring him in at that stage.

Then again; Rob could very well go with Fritz from the off at reserve ! and look for a 5.55 man in the top five Stefan Nielsen on 5.53 given Plymouths demise. Remember his heroics with 12 v Sheffield at the EWR last season !. Also is Nike Lunna still our asset ? 4.86 and a full season at Glasgow might make a break through in 2017.

Some food for thought .......

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Nike is a Glasgow asset sold him last year , I'm with you lil josh is a must and either wilko lanham or fritz and Nielsen would be good balance can't see wilko and fritz in the same team in my opinion

Nike is a Glasgow asset sold him last year , I'm with you lil josh is a must and either wilko lanham or fritz and Nielsen would be good balance can't see wilko and fritz in the same team in my opinion

Thanks Phil for putting me right on Nike. As you say either way there's a balance there.

One thing we have to work out is 'doubling up' because I bet 'they' think it wont happen.. but I reckon it will; and we will end up with with the two promotion play off teams at loggerheads over a rider who has ridden for both teams all season.

Suppose the solution is he reverts to his 'parent club' in the event of a clash ?

Edited by the outsider

One thing springs to mind is that Rob had said that his team would fit, on the microphone, during one of our later meetings. After having a pre AGM, he must have had an inkling that the team average would be lower in 2017 so just needs to finalise his team.

For me, there are improvements to be made if we have Douglas, Auty, MPT & Kerr. I would, also, like Jack Smith back as he was a better gater than Josh Bailey & that is half the battle won by bend 2 on some tracks. Also, I would have Fritz back as I think he could have scored more points than he did but riding with Kerr on form, curtailed his scoring. It seems to me that we just need to find that decent 7th rider that could swap with Fritz in the reserve position, if his scores takes his CMA above 5.00

There is, also, the issue that the averages quoted are not the true final averages. There will be a slight change as we rode at Newcastle on the 25th, 5 days after new averages are calculated.

• Like 1

One thing springs to mind is that Rob had said that his team would fit, on the microphone, during one of our later meetings. After having a pre AGM, he must have had an inkling that the team average would be lower in 2017 so just needs to finalise his team.

For me, there are improvements to be made if we have Douglas, Auty, MPT & Kerr. I would, also, like Jack Smith back as he was a better gater than Josh Bailey & that is half the battle won by bend 2 on some tracks. Also, I would have Fritz back as I think he could have scored more points than he did but riding with Kerr on form, curtailed his scoring. It seems to me that we just need to find that decent 7th rider that could swap with Fritz in the reserve position, if his scores takes his CMA above 5.00

There is, also, the issue that the averages quoted are not the true final averages. There will be a slight change as we rode at Newcastle on the 25th, 5 days after new averages are calculated.

Bailey you need to stick with him give him time i agree Smith i like alot but Bailey could be decent longterm Smith will be to. Edited by Sidney the robin

Wilko on Twitter says he's done a deal for 2017. Expect that would be with us Anyone heard anything on this ?

Guest Scunny2012

Tofty done a deal with a CL side now

Hope not or hope it's Scunny would rather have Tofty than Josh Auty, far more reliable especially on away tracks

Edited by Scunny2012