British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Not sure what he said. But anyone who put speedway before a good career job when they are at his level would be insane.

Thats why a lot of these Danes poles etc wait until their exams/apprenticeships are over before they venture into foreign leagues.

Again, I suppose it comes down to ambition. But of course yes you are right, getting their exams and/or apprenticeships out the way should be paramount.

Only 4 riders in the league are averaging 9, so to say lambert should be is a shade harsh. Realistically 8 would be a good achievement given he's riding a lot in heat 15. KLs issue has been form of holder and to a lesser extent porsing.

I appreciate that. If you read my post I did say 'Kicking on to 9', which is in affect a good 8. There are a lot of riders on 7 half that are no considered anywhere near Lambert talent....

This is not a persecution of Lambert, merely stating a comparison, when someone (Tellboy) said Rose wasn't that special.....

Again, I suppose it comes down to ambition. But of course yes you are right, getting their exams and/or apprenticeships out the way should be paramount.

I'd say it comes down to economics. With respect Jake is/was unlikely to be a top rider so why would he jeopardise a well paid job.

I appreciate that. If you read my post I did say 'Kicking on to 9', which is in affect a good 8. There are a lot of riders on 7 half that are no considered anywhere near Lambert talent....

This is not a persecution of Lambert, merely stating a comparison, when someone (Tellboy) said Rose wasn't that special.....

Did i say Rose wasn't that special.Your making me sound that i am making Rose out to be crap,which i have never said.All i have ever said is that he is not as good as Lambert and that is a fact.

The question is Robert taking on to much he seams to be riding every night of the week and not just in this country. He must be wondering who he is riding for. I know he is only 19 but this must tell at times

The question is Robert taking on to much he seams to be riding every night of the week and not just in this country. He must be wondering who he is riding for. I know he is only 19 but this must tell at times

He loves getting on his bike and if there's an opportunity to ride he'll take it.

He's not riding like he's burnt out so right now it's not a problem.

Did i say Rose wasn't that special.Your making me sound that i am making Rose out to be crap,which i have never said.All i have ever said is that he is not as good as Lambert and that is a fact.

Every man and his dog knows Rose is not in Lamberts class. There're not many riders of his age who are. The fact that you want to compare them is in deed a compliment to Lewis Rose . Probably if you compared Rose with someone of lesser talent, you'd realise just how important Rose is to the Stars....

It would be of similar comparison if you compared Lambert with the likes of Dudek or Smarzlik

Every man and his dog knows Rose is not in Lamberts class. There're not many riders of his age who are. The fact that you want to compare them is in deed a compliment to Lewis Rose . Probably if you compared Rose with someone of lesser talent, you'd realise just how important Rose is to the Stars....

It would be of similar comparison if you compared Lambert with the likes of Dudek or Smarzlik

I wouldn't compare Woffy with those 2 right now, let alone Lambert. At 19 he still has time to reach their standard, but not yet.

I'd say it comes down to economics. With respect Jake is/was unlikely to be a top rider so why would he jeopardise a well paid job.

No issue with that. Just this I'm riding, no I'm not is a big issue for clubs who rely on him.

Which clubs who 'rely on him' has he let down?

Just read that Lambo has a hand injury :o

Hope its nothing bad..

Today's meetings Workington then at home at Newcastle. first meeting at Workington scoring 10 points then Newcastle got a second in my first heat then coming second and hit a big rut and chain come off and send me flying onto my wrist and head, had to withdraw from the meeting and now at Newcastle hospital to get my wrist checked over, think it might be a scaphoid injury. Will keep you posted.

Any Updates on Lamberts scaphoid injury ? That's a few weeks if its broken ( tiny bone, PITA to heal)

Which clubs who 'rely on him' has he let down?

The last couple of clubs who planned to use him and he changed his mind.

That would be of course his sensible choice but to any thoughtful promotion that should rule him out of team place.