British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Why has it taken so long for Josh Bailey to be announced, the lad must think he isn't really wanted and only after looking at every other option they decide to go with Josh.

Read the press release, they have been awaiting clarification that they are allowed to share the number seven role. I'm sure Josh has been fully aware of the situation all along.

Great to see yet another home grown rider graduate to the senior side.

• Like 4

Perhaps it was Josh who was hesitant to take on the extra meetings? I don't know their exact circumstances but unless Josh can make NL pay for itself (not easy) and then make enough from reserve rides at the higher leagues to cover the costs of bikes & living for both himself & mechanic (Dad) then he they will need to try and hold jobs down as well. Not easy when you have 100 meetings to squeeze in as well.

As for his sharing partner Kinsley is possible but i think Connor Mountain is a better shout?

I might be the voice of doom but whoever got the number 7 spot on the points available is going to find the job very tough

Read the press release, they have been awaiting clarification that they are allowed to share the number seven role. I'm sure Josh has been fully aware of the situation all along.

Great to see yet another home grown rider graduate to the senior side.

Didn't read the full press release! Kings Lynn team looking good.

Edited by foreverblue

Happy for Bailey to get his chance.But not getting as close to the overall team points limit is a bit disappointing for me.1.26 under,could they have possibly got a better rider for any of the top 6?Or maybe the rider who is going to share the no7 spot with Bailey has a higher average anyway so may consume the extra 1.26.

Excellent news about Josh Bailey. This is what the lower Leagues are all about, bringing on the cream of young British talent and then giving them the chance when it occurs. Riding in three Leagues will be very hard work for Josh and his family, and I'm not really expecting him to pull up any trees in the Premiership, but experience is what it is all about and he can have no better example than team mate Robert Lambert riding along side him. He is going to be a very busy lad, but I'm sure he is like most riders of his age who relish the prospect as they just want to "ride their bike"

Good luck Josh, you deserve it.

Good to see Bailey get the role. Would guess any of JPB, Mountain, Hume or Danny Phillips could share with him. Can't see it being Kinsley.

As much as I'd like to see NKI back at Lynn, I don't believe he can offer what the Stars require and that's a true No1 who will race every meeting. In each of the last couple of years he has missed meetings because of his hectic schedule and his preference of riding for other teams.

For the club to benefit of the idea that we need a true No1 he has to be committed for every meeting. Probably AJ or Holder would be a better option. Neither of them have a Wednesday club clash and both in need of a British club....

1, AJ / Holder

2, Porsing

3, Batch

4, L.Rose

5, Rob Lambert

6 Huckenbeck

7, Bailey

I think the figures match up..

Considering I suggested this team back in early November, it wasn't far off the mark .......

These off seasons seem to take forever.......

• Like 4

Good luck to Josh Bailey for this season. But I can't help worrying that when the going gets tough he is going to struggle due to his size. I fear he will spend more time off the bike than on it.

Kyle hughes to share the spot maybe ? I know own he's been around a while , but riding for the young stars this season and no championship place ...

Kyle hughes to share the spot maybe ? I know own he's been around a while , but riding for the young stars this season and no championship place ...

Pretty certain it won't be Hughes for reasons that will soon become clear.

These off seasons seem to take forever.......

You aint kidding!

Excellent news about Josh Bailey. This is what the lower Leagues are all about, bringing on the cream of young British talent and then giving them the chance when it occurs. Riding in three Leagues will be very hard work for Josh and his family, and I'm not really expecting him to pull up any trees in the Premiership, but experience is what it is all about and he can have no better example than team mate Robert Lambert riding along side him. He is going to be a very busy lad, but I'm sure he is like most riders of his age who relish the prospect as they just want to "ride their bike"

Good luck Josh, you deserve it.

This is how British Speedway should be...

Rider 6 and 7 should be young Brits, no 6 should be the senior reserve, perhaps already established 8-10 pointer in NL or a 6-8 pointer young CL team member, and has ridden EL as fast tracker.. looking to move into the 1-5 in PL..

The no 7, a 6-8 pointer in NL, maybe a CL 2nd string 5-6 pointer, in his 1st season in the top flight, looking to become the senior reserve in a year or 2...

No reserves should be foreign imports, unless dropping to reserve due to poor performance, and if they don't get back into the 1-5 within 3 green sheet issues, get rid....

• Like 1