British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Sorry seems to be the easiest word for Buster. Just not enough as fans not on here are saying the same things. Not going to bother again. Even if Buster did learn something last night he learnt it a bit too late.

Buster needs to demonstrate that he is taking remedial ACTION ( deeds not words ) to make sure that he or someone he pays to prepare the track actually do so to the extent that that riders have the confidence to RACE on the surface provided ( not merely ride on it as as happened most of this season ). Fans are turning their backs on you and KL - the place you have put your heart into because you are longer focussed enough on it. What has been on offer this season is dreadful racing NOT VFM Buster, no matter how many hours you have put in.

And as for riders they accept that they cannot hope to ride for the Big Euro deals on offer in Poland where "rider power" has no effect on wether matches are called off or not. It was rider power last night! Ugly too! Might as well have sat on the fence and taken a dump on the terraces ( rubbish on the fans in other words ). If rider want it to be perfect every time they race they need to ride a pushtrike in a kiddies padding pool. Or perhaps virtual speedway app. with no element of danger involved at all.

Thankfully the national media takes no notice of speedway nowadays because if they reported on last night's debacle it would all be negative reporting on what a joke speedway has become.

The only ray of sunshine in all this the expected quick response from
Buster. He doesn't let the grass grow when there is an issue like last night or this one
last year.

BSPA Chairman Keith Chapman said: This is a massive setback to the sport in this country and it can have a negative impact on every other club throughout the UK.

It wasnt even a BSPA event, it was down to the Belle Vue promotion to ensure the meeting went ahead under the supervision of the SCB referee and failed.

It is the promoters responsibility and not the BSPA as an association to ensure a domestic fixture which is what this was goes ahead.

Its an embarrassment and the rest of the sport in this country could be hit by it. A thorough investigation has already started.

The SCB issued the track licence in accordance with the rulebook the fact that the track was unfit was down to Belle Vue as a club.

Said Chapman: Its such a sorry episode but we have to move on and hopefully lessons will be learnt.

From a BSPA and SCB perspective, we feel the need to offer our apologies to the many supporters who travelled to Manchester at great expense, but we must emphasise this was a Belle Vue Speedway event.

And THIS V Poole was a King's Lynn Speedway "non-event".

Lessons were clearly not learned!

Sorry seems to be the easiest word for Buster. Just not enough as fans not on here are saying the same things. Not going to bother again. Even if Buster did learn something last night he learnt it a bit too late.

Buster needs to demonstrate that he is taking remedial ACTION ( deeds not words ) to make sure that he or someone he pays to prepare the track actually do so to the extent that that riders have the confidence to RACE on the surface provided ( not merely ride on it as as happened most of this season ). Fans are turning their backs on you and KL - the place you have put your heart into because you are longer focussed enough on it. What has been on offer this season is dreadful racing NOT VFM Buster, no matter how many hours you have put in.

And as for riders they accept that they cannot hope to ride for the Big Euro deals on offer in Poland where "rider power" has no effect on wether matches are called off or not. It was rider power last night! Ugly too! Might as well have sat on the fence and taken a dump on the terraces ( rubbish on the fans in other words ). If rider want it to be perfect every time they race they need to ride a pushtrike in a kiddies padding pool. Or perhaps virtual speedway app. with no element of danger involved at all.

Thankfully the national media takes no notice of speedway nowadays because if they reported on last night's debacle it would all be negative reporting on what a joke speedway has become.

Rider power does have an effect on Polish speedway whether matches are on or off- you can't have seen any coverage to make an untrue statement like that.

The very LEAST the club could do is offer reduced admission to fans by way of some sort of apology. Now my Cynical head says this will probably happen when BT come to town and admission will be £10.....just like all the other tracks have done.

• Like 1

Let's have some answers please Buster. Not the limp apology issued today - blaming everyone else for the farce.

Will we ever be told who instructed the riders to "down tools"? Did it come from them themselves and who started that debate, if that was the case?

Does the result not stand? Why is there no result listed, even though the meeting was concluded? I was a Stars fan but Poole deserve the points.

Who does control a meeting, is it not the referee?

It's all very well Buster apologising but how do we know last nights fiasco won't happen again? As Buster told Schlien last year if you don't want to ride f ck off. The same should be said to Holder.

• Like 3

To Schlein, the guy who was a cat's whisker from being paralysed?

You want him to tell that to Holder who suffered those terrible injuries at Coventry and who's best mate is in a wheelchair indirectly because of a track fault?

Edited by Trees

The only comment I'm going to make is had the track prep been top notch as it used to be none of what happened last night would have happened.

That must of took some working out.

2 riders this season have already had to serve bans for withholding their services, this has to happen to several riders for the best interests of the sport to prevail.

If everything regarding track preparation was unsatisfactory, why did the meeting start?

If the track deteriorated so badly, why did all the riders not refuse to ride?

Too many questions without meaningful answer will arise, but the riders get paid for doing a job as dangerous as it is.

It is their choice to be riders and earn a living in the way they do, but the public pay for entertainment which unfortunately they rarely get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Batchelor was withdrawn from meeting after he took a tumble.

But then made a miracle recovery to guest at Swindon tonight!

Poole managed fine. Jack holder mixed it. It was an attackers track.

I feel for buster on this. I feel let down by our super pre season signing. If I see him say anything about not feeling loved by the fans I'll probably puke after what he has done tonight. Imagine turning up to your day job and having to work with 1 or more cry babies like that. Poole can have him back. I was disappointed by the lack of announcing too. It left the situation to brew more . I wanted to know the riders view at the time. A few good points from a couple of riders could have defused the situation.

i actually wish riders would stop winging and just push on though and that's not just last night. If a track is grippy deal with it. At least try. Likewise if it's slick or bumpy within reason too. If you don't want to try them maybe try a normal day job for the rest of your lives. Pretty sure a tough track will seem a bit more acceptable then. We respect you guys but that respect has turned some into premadonas. Those who are celebrated most.

I will be there next week and others should be too. It's not busters fault a few of his employees have soiled the image. Take action. Fine or remove. Move forwards .

• Like 1

We have been given the 4 points on the SGB Premiership table on the official site.

no reason not to give us the points we won

Poole managed fine. Jack holder mixed it. It was an attackers track.

I feel for buster on this. I feel let down by our super pre season signing. If I see him say anything about not feeling loved by the fans I'll probably puke after what he has done tonight. Imagine turning up to your day job and having to work with 1 or more cry babies like that. Poole can have him back. I was disappointed by the lack of announcing too. It left the situation to brew more . I wanted to know the riders view at the time. A few good points from a couple of riders could have defused the situation.

i actually wish riders would stop winging and just push on though and that's not just last night. If a track is grippy deal with it. At least try. Likewise if it's slick or bumpy within reason too. If you don't want to try them maybe try a normal day job for the rest of your lives. Pretty sure a tough track will seem a bit more acceptable then. We respect you guys but that respect has turned some into premadonas. Those who are celebrated most.

I will be there next week and others should be too. It's not busters fault a few of his employees have soiled the image. Take action. Fine or remove. Move forwards .

And there's the rub, There will be no action, no fines and no sackings. Buster has said his few words of "apology" and HE has moved on. Next week will tell us how many more fans just can't be bothered with the same old , same old.

You want him to tell that to Holder who suffered those terrible injuries at Coventry and who's best mate is in a wheelchair indirectly because of a track fault?

Yes Holder should be told to move on ASAP and even to Poole this season if that is where he wants to be. Holder had his severe injuries in 2012 and chose to return to riding ( and again even after Ward's awful fate ). The referee is responsible for determining if a track is fit and it should be left to them. Riders should be fined their match fee ( guarantee ) and any points money on the night for pulling out without permission.

• Like 1

I don't see how he can stay. last night was so disappointing. Surely it's withholding and we should get 28 days to use facilities. I'm not having the buster criticism though. I think like always he does his best. And that's more than most. Shooting at him is like shooting your own foot when it comes to lynn speedway. Sure he has flaws but I see him last night. He looked so let down.

If the riders don't want to ride in my opinion they can f uck off. All certain riders done last night was cause unrest and cheat the paying public.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see the crowd level for Lynns next home meeting as Poole crowds still suffer a tad from the Darcy meeting..