British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Some might say karma.Some might say he mugged Lynn off for 2 meetings...If his IS injured now,Lynn lose out again.Get rid

Always been a "mood" rider - can be superb and when not in the mood ( for whatever reason ) doesn't even try or appear to try. Comes across as a petulant child - even if he isn't.

No, Gavin Caney accompanied Dale, he went along because he didn't want Dale to be on his own. No mention of Rob going ....

Such was Gavin 's dislike of how the evening went, he has resigned his post as the centre Mic\man...,

And many fans are "considering their position" too and may not put up with KL as it is being run ( and has been run down over the last two years or so. ). Rob Lyon is always held up with high respect and perhaps now needs to "consider his position" and make it plain if he is going to play a positive, structural part in KLS.

on current averages, will Chris be eligible for the Championship next season?

For Chris Holder and Doyle to have any real interest in the UK ( in either league ) depends on money. IF holder can continue to get £1,000 plus a point in Poland ( he may not next year ) why would either of them bother much about the paltry amounts ( by their standards ) available in the UK?

• Like 1

£1000 a point is well decent money, providing you are scoring points of course. I would suggest by the way he has ridden in the UK this season he is on a guarantee at Kings Lynn, so would explain his couldn't give a stuff attitude.

Bachelor wormed his way out by feining injury.

Holder on the other hand made a stand, knowing he would get a 28 day ban, he too could have been taken ill, or aggravated a 'knee' injury.

Crap crap and more crap You don't know for sure anything you are all on about Troy . Remember only a few weeks ago Robert Lambert thought he had a broken wrist Thankfully it wasn't he was riding just a day later .

• Like 2

August 1st... Chris Holder to get the sack? There is no way I'd have him in my team after the past week.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Lambert as Captain has to take on board opinions and views of his fellow riders, Lambert as a rider, had rode in 2 races and showed he was capable of getting results.. Because of his age and inexperience he was ram-roaded into objecting to ride on the back of the input from the 2 Aussies... Lambert was in a no-win situation. For that I I feel for him. His and Huckenbeck exclusion was totally the result of chaos in the pits., where leadership was non-existent.

But no amount of goading should have tempted him into the spectators pen to confront an objector. He has to be more distant than that. Prior to this, there was some No-body at the pit gate giving his to'penneth about all the hanging about we had to endure, and again Lambert had to be restrained from going into the lions den. He needs to grow up and understand peoples frustration when things go wrong.

Our season ended on Thursday night......... It now appears the promotions at Kings Lynn are clueless and gutless at making the right decisions. It was always my belief the Club was more important than the Rider,, Not any more.......By not making example of these riders, is like saying: F--k the supporters, the riders can do as they like. They should both have been issued with 28 day suspension for withholding their services. Probably then, they might considered the consequences of their behaviour, but while the promoters keep wiping their arses, nothing will ever change...

What will happen the next time the track is not to their liking. ???????

Foot note:- I feel sorry for Lewis Rose, He's one of the good guys, who has attained another nasty injury. He has such terrible luck... Hope your recuperation goes well .

I was sanding right by the fat bloke that shouted at Robert......The fat bloke wanted his money back, so Robert offered to go and get some money to give it to him, There was no attempt of Robert going after him what so ever. Robert stood there then walked off in the opposite direction.....get your facts right.

Will Lambert be disciplined for his 'Eric Cantona' style attack on a spectator on Thursday ? :D

Why should he, he didn't do anything wrong apart from facing up to the foul mouthed idiot that was swearing at him to which shut up straight away when questioned.....Again NO PUNCHES attempted.

What a surprise your defending them for me Lambert Holder Batchelor all deserve a 28 day ban and big fine as for Huckenbeck I feel he was swayed by his mate back to the defence Poole riders got there head down and got on with the job and fully deserved there win so tell me how can you defend the Lynn riders who refused to come out

Why should Lambert get a ban, track was dangerous, stood his ground and wanted ref to come down and inspect track, when he did, Buster then spent over half an hour doing it, Lambert then continued to race end of....

So lambert and hukenburk get away Scott free, they also refused too come out in one race

after they refused ref came down inspected the track to which buster then had to do track, they then both continued to ride

Something I would love to know is where Rob Lyon has been during all of this. He is officially a promoter alongside Buster.

So was he even at this meeting or is he just a promoter to appease the BSPA rules?

yes he was there, and I guess he thought the same issues were repeating themselves from a similar incident involving Rory last year, the abuse poor Rob got from Buster was inexcusable, swearing at Rob in the pits infront of all the supporters was bang out of order, also to Rory aswell, maybe he didn't want to get involved again, don't blame him either....

• Like 2

I was sanding right by the fat bloke that shouted at Robert......The fat bloke wanted his money back, so Robert offered to go and get some money to give it to him, There was no attempt of Robert going after him what so ever. Robert stood there then walked off in the opposite direction.....get your facts right.

Why should he, he didn't do anything wrong apart from facing up to the foul mouthed idiot that was swearing at him to which shut up straight away when questioned.....Again NO PUNCHES attempted.

Why should Lambert get a ban, track was dangerous, stood his ground and wanted ref to come down and inspect track, when he did, Buster then spent over half an hour doing it, Lambert then continued to race end of....

after they refused ref came down inspected the track to which buster then had to do track, they then both continued to ride

yes he was there, and I guess he thought the same issues were repeating themselves from a similar incident involving Rory last year, the abuse poor Rob got from Buster was inexcusable, swearing at Rob in the pits infront of all the supporters was bang out of order, also to Rory aswell, maybe he didn't want to get involved again, don't blame him either....

Nice at last to read a informative post that answers a lot of questions, you obviously witnessed first hand. Thank you for posting the facts

• Like 1

It's a pity somebody didn't punch the fat prat at the pit gate. He is always shouting his mouth off and upsetting people. He sits in the disabled stand with his father. He is nothing but a fat prat.

• Like 1

It's a pity somebody didn't punch the fat prat at the pit gate. He is always shouting his mouth off and upsetting people. He sits in the disabled stand with his father. He is nothing but a fat prat.

Not keen on freedom of speech then :wink:

All for freedom of speech. But fatso is rude and offensive and shouts his mouth off all the time.

You know ashtree123 some people like to make their story overdramatic.Like some of the posts you have quoted.Why people do it i don't know,it happens though.Nice to hear your view on it,obviously pretty close to what goes on to.

I think maybe the ref could have came down earlier about the track to,as apparently it wasn't just 1 or 2 complaining about it.

Edited by tellboy

Thanks ashtree123.Good to hear from someone who was there. :t:

I passed Lambo today.He was about half a mile from the stadium,and heading that way.

Anyone got any team news?

• Like 1

Thanks ashtree123.Good to hear from someone who was there. :t:

I passed Lambo today.He was about half a mile from the stadium,and heading that way.

Anyone got any team news?

Same as yesterday.S.Worrall for Holder,Kerr for Rose and R/R for Huckenbeck.