British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn V Poole Elb 13/09/16

Tungate shouldnt be riding tonight after his performances lately

Really

• Like 2

Would be great to go out with a win, particularly against the Pirates .....

Can't hide my disappointment of NKI not being there but there ya go, Tuesday Sweden!

Danny King comes in so fingers crossed he rides to his best as do all our Stars on the night, hoping for some good racing And no bricks flying!

The photo sesh should be a hoot and the Supporter's Club are presenting the Rider of the Year awards as voted for by members and a few other fans :)

I am doing team/fan photo, sunset is 19.17hrs so please don't be late. The photo will be taken at exactly 19.00 hrs before light goes.

I hope the management make that clear in the media today .....

So Poole need to win at Kings Lynn tomorrow night to secure second in the league. Well worth it as, firstly, it gives us the second leg of the semi, and secondly, should Belle Vue fail to qualify for the final, it would give us the second leg of the final.

I think we need to get 4 points to get second but should be able to do that.

Really

Glad he did though!
  • Like 1

I think we need to get 4 points to get second but should be able to do that.

Glad he did though!

3 points and we are tied with Wolves. Who has the better points difference?

3 points and we are tied with Wolves. Who has the better points difference?

I looked at them wtong way round! Our points difference is better so we only need to win
  • Like 1

No Niels : (

I wonder if we'll ever get to see him ride for the Stars again. Can't blame him for walking away now as this season has been an utter shambles.

Hope he comes back though, if not it makes sense for us to drop down to the Premier League and use our asset base rather than struggle in the EL without a true No.1 and not willing to break the bank to sign 'big names' which is fair enough.

We've had some cracking wins versus Poole in recent times, none more so when Niels and Magic grabbed a last heat 5-1, how times have changed....

• Like 1

I looked at them wtong way round! Our points difference is better so we only need to win

Only. Easier said than done. Not a given at all. The boys need to be right up for it after last nights disappointment.

• Like 1

I hope a couple of Poole riders use this meeting to bring back a bit of confidence going into the play-offs.

No meeting is a given so if we are to win I expect the lads to put in a performance that will make the other play-off teams worry about us.

No Niels : (

I wonder if we'll ever get to see him ride for the Stars again. Can't blame him for walking away now as this season has been an utter shambles.

Hope he comes back though, if not it makes sense for us to drop down to the Premier League and use our asset base rather than struggle in the EL without a true No.1 and not willing to break the bank to sign 'big names' which is fair enough.

We've had some cracking wins versus Poole in recent times, none more so when Niels and Magic grabbed a last heat 5-1, how times have changed....

Neils hasn't walked away at all he's riding in Swedish play offs had our promotion decided on a more sutable night he would have been there Sweden races Tuesday so why have the meeting tonight? Neils hasn't walked away .

Neils hasn't walked away at all he's riding in Swedish play offs had our promotion decided on a more sutable night he would have been there Sweden races Tuesday so why have the meeting tonight? Neils hasn't walked away .

quite agree he would not all the meetings this season swedish playoffs played havoc with end of seasons meetings in this country I'm sure Niels will be back next year

Let's hope we can sign off with a strong performance this evening, on paper this ought to be a comfortable away win but if Poole are as poor out of the gate as last night and with us having a ringer at reserve to match theirs we may have a chance.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

Perhaps any of the other potential guests either are genuinely not available, or they want £xxxxx to get on a plane, get £xxxxx to get their bikes out the van, £xxxxx for their team, and £xxx per point!!!!!

Chris Harris is UK based, and to be fair, has been riding with an injury the last 2-3 weeks, and always gives 120%

Chris Harris is the Norman Wisdom of speedway, little underdog guy who keeps on bouncing back no matter what gets thrown at him. He must be every team manager's ideal rider.

What night would you have chosen? Isn't NKI (and Batch for that matter) also involved in the Danish League finals on Wednesday/Thursday?!

Correct, huge difference.

Only. Easier said than done. Not a given at all. The boys need to be right up for it after last nights disappointment.

Well we should beat them, they are a poor team at the moment especially without Iversen. Be interesting to see how Buczkowski goes, thought he showed signs of improvement at Belle Vue.