British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Well, Belle Vue are now without Max Fricke and there sadly has to be a probability of other clubs in both leagues losing riders to injury before or during the post-season.

If 'rules is rules' then fair enough and Bandits, Aces and any others will have to soldier on with r/r - but if any club gets a dispensation 'for the good of the sport' while Berwick are left short-handed......

Just how would you explain this situation to a newbie to the sport , someone you've taken along for the first time ? It's all fine and well trying to stop teams from trying to pull a fast one , but common sense needs to be applied IMHO once again speedway has managed to make itself look like a Mickey Mouse sport

• Like 1

So a forward thinking promotion, who have made massive steps forward in promoting the sport, and also taking the entertainment to another level, get completely shafted by the ruling body.

It is crazy that due to an injury, we will not be able to put out a full team for the rest of the season.

Totally nuts.

:mad:

• Like 5

So a forward thinking promotion, who have made massive steps forward in promoting the sport, and also taking the entertainment to another level, get completely shafted by the ruling body.

It is crazy that due to an injury, we will not be able to put out a full team for the rest of the season.

Totally nuts.

:mad:

To the letter of the law, oh how I wish the BSPA would stick to the rules, the BSPA are quite correct in blocking Berwick`s move to replace a Busk Jacobsen. I would imagine this rule was brought in to stop teams changing riders virtually on a weekly bases to either try to get in the play offs or to win them out right, however thats hardly the position Berwick finds themselves in. I agree with an end date to signing new riders as straight replacements but there must be a rule for the position Berwick are in now where they have lost a rider to a genuine injury and are being blocked from signing a replacement. It could be argued that the clubs who face a Berwick team with six riders either home or away are at an advantage against the teams who faced Berwick with seven.

• Like 1

Berwick not allowed to make a replacement, yet a number of riders now unemployed this sport never lets you down with their rules.

• Like 1

To the letter of the law, oh how I wish the BSPA would stick to the rules, the BSPA are quite correct in blocking Berwick`s move to replace a Busk Jacobsen. I would imagine this rule was brought in to stop teams changing riders virtually on a weekly bases to either try to get in the play offs or to win them out right, however thats hardly the position Berwick finds themselves in. I agree with an end date to signing new riders as straight replacements but there must be a rule for the position Berwick are in now where they have lost a rider to a genuine injury and are being blocked from signing a replacement. It could be argued that the clubs who face a Berwick team with six riders either home or away are at an advantage against the teams who faced Berwick with seven.

Agree on all points.

Seems like the Bandits are back up to four.

Thankfully as you say it seems that the injury picked up by Jye Etheridge last night won`t stop him taking part in Sunday`s meeting, though God knows what Berwick would've done had he had to miss meetings.

Update from Lewis Bridger on his injury, taken from his Twitter page.

Update on my injury I've managed to start some Strength and Conditioning but I'm no where close to where I need to be to return racing 1/2

Congratulations to Berwick`s Leon Flint on becoming British 250cc Champion for the third time at Glasgow last night.

• Like 2

There has been some great racing this season with the track looking well.

Credit to the work that has also been done to keep meetings on with the use of the track covers, not so easy for the remaining meetings due to the return of the football season but fingers crossed.

Luck hasn't been on our side with all of the injuries suffered however there have been some good signings.HOWE, MORRIS, ETHERIDGE being top of the bundle.

Hopefully some of these names will be top of the list for signing ahead of next season.

Fair selection of merchandise available, handy addition for food sales in the back straight as well.

Four more home wins and it will round off a poor season on a high.

Well done young Leon Flint as well a young rider who will hopefully continue his winning ways when he steps up to the 500cc class.