British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Lakeside V Swindon 16 Sept 2016

Will Kennett be fit for Lakeside? He pulled out of the PLRC at the weekend and missed Ryes 2 matches since.

I can't see that this meeting can go ahead. At present Rain is forecast from 6am to 5pm tomorrow

Surely the sensible thing to do if the meeting cannot go ahead tomorrow is to extend the play-off deadline by a mere 24 hours and run the meeting Saturday.

Surely the sensible thing to do if the meeting cannot go ahead tomorrow is to extend the play-off deadline by a mere 24 hours and run the meeting Saturday.

I doubt that is an option, the stadium is used most weekends for four wheeled motorsports, drifting and other events, speedway is just a fraction of what goes on their.

I doubt that is an option, the stadium is used most weekends for four wheeled motorsports, drifting and other events, speedway is just a fraction of what goes on their.

I did check the Arena-Essex raceway website before posting and couldn`t see that anything is scheduled.

Most of Swindons riders are racing elsewhere on Saturday, mind you if we can get all the guests Poole had when they beat Lakeside it would be good, but it is too short notice to arrange.

Racing Sat night is not an option, Lakeside should have sorted the meeting before the cut off day.

• Like 1

I don't understand the fixture list really.

Here is a key play off meetng being staged right on cut off under risk from the weather.

Swindon finished their home fixtures ages ago and have been putting on fillers and seemed to have barely any home matches over the summer holidays.

Very odd

• Like 1

Most of Swindons riders are racing elsewhere on Saturday, mind you if we can get all the guests Poole had when they beat Lakeside it would be good, but it is too short notice to arrange.

Racing Sat night is not an option, Lakeside should have sorted the meeting before the cut off day.

Ricky Wells was one of the guests. Not sure who the others were though.

If Manchester city can delay a match for 24 hours I am sure lakeside could also.

It would seem to be the sensible option.

This is the A fixture that was rained off months ago. Rider availability caused the delay in restating. Both sides had a rider committed to the GP's and SWC, and Swindon have a number of riders committed to PL clubs that race Friday's.

This has to change next year. If there is a rain off and it can't be restaged within say two months the clubs will have to go with what they can muster

If Manchester city can delay a match for 24 hours I am sure lakeside could also.

It would seem to be the sensible option.

If you read the earlier post the most of the Swindon riders are riding elsewhere, so it is not an option.

If you read the earlier post the most of the Swindon riders are riding elsewhere, so it is not an option.

What's wrong with installing a few guests,It happens in every other meeting😎

What's wrong with installing a few guests,It happens in every other meeting

Not at one days notice it dosen't.

Get a few on standby today,that would mean two days notice

So a club has to pay a few riders to be on standby for a meeting that may not take place, also the team line up needs to be posted with the bspa in advance of the meeting taking place. Many EL riders ride abroad at the weekend and many PL riders race for their own clubs. Five out of the seven Swindon riders also ride for other clubs, a lot of whom race on a Sat.