British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Wolverhampton. El Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg 21/9/16

I think Wolves can claw those 12 points back, the 2nd leg will go to the wire.

• Like 4

What are your thoughts on PK having a spell at reserve for Wolves, a rider youve stated your fond of? The edr wasnt designed for over the hill Swedes to top up their pension funds, either.

Can see Bjarne being PL next season, a good number one for somebody for sure

The EDR is a shambles from start to finish. I accept it is necessary to save costs, and it has had some resounding successes notably Steve Worrall, but overall it has not been properly thought through and some promoters acknowledge that, others are quite happy because it has been stitched up to their advantage.

I thought it highlighted the ill thought out system when PK went to reserve, but at least PK wasn't there long and has otherwise managed to do the bona fide second string role he was brought in to do. By contrast Bjarne spending such a long time not only brought into focus the glaring inadequacies of the system, which amongst other things allowed Poole to retain Newman as an EDR rider,

but it also meant that Bjarne himself was content to wobble around using his experience to get out of the gate ahead of relatively inexperienced youngsters, with very little desire or incentive to get into the 1-5.

We can have a whole separate discussion about the inadequacies of the EDR scheme, but basically I think the public woukd get behind riders like Max Clegg and other British youngsters doing a job at reserve but we don't pay good money to see the likes of Pedersen in that role for an extended period gradually knocking up a six point average the easy way. The bottom line is that it's cheating the paying public.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

Bully Gavan off the forum? Get with it. I had the guy on block and never replied to his trolling posts. Others gave the guy the truth about his stinking attitude on here on numerous occassions, which he finally realised made himself look the pillock he was.

Only you seemed to think the way he was carrying on was acceptable. No wonder people thought you were one and the same.

He has returned to the form he had of 2012. This is the Chris Holder that has been missing for a couple of seasons, with serious injury and also the injury to his mate which affected him. Seems he has put it behind him and the last coulle of months has been riping it up.

Putting himself in the shop window for next season ? Has really got going in the past month

Whenever i have seen Newman this year he has improved in my view the stats don't say that though.Last night he was superb he attacked the track and got the rewards.Holder well he is nearly back to his best stylish tough and he will again be challenging for W.Titles fair play to SCB he said Holder would comeback stronger.

What's with Holder and his terrific form at the moment? Must be an Aussie thing as Doyle super quick too.... hence why Woffy not?

Because he's British????

Cracker of a meeting! A 12 point lead should feel rather comfy, but can't help but feel the momentum will go just as much the Wolves way at home as it has for us!

I can't imagine Lindback firing at Wolverhampton considering how out of depth he seemed at Poole tonight with his return to British tracks. His top level racing experience helped clinch him some important points, but I don't think he will be able to match the scoring power of Woffinden who I feel will much more easily slip into the groove at the familiar Monmore Green.

I woiuldn't worry about Bjarne, he obviously wasn't fully fit and still suffering from whatever it was that stopped him riding at Gniezno last weekend, he was very good last time at Wolves although riding at reserve is easier i would expect an improved performance.

What was Lindgren getting excited about?

No idea, he only had himself to blame in Heat 15. Led for two laps then stupidly changed his line gifting Holder the pass... (third time Holder had that gift).

• Like 1

Whenever i have seen Newman this year he has improved in my view the stats don't say that though.Last night he was superb he attacked the track and got the rewards.Holder well he is nearly back to his best stylish tough and he will again be challenging for W.Titles fair play to SCB he said Holder would comeback stronger.

Like all of us he has his good days and bad days but he has been off form but picked the right time to bounce back! He was also pretty good at Wolves last time.

No idea, he only had himself to blame in Heat 15. Led for two laps then stupidly changed his line gifting Holder the pass... (third time Holder had that gift).

Not sure he would of kept Holder at bay for four laps the form he is in.

Holder jumped it . plain as day on Tv

Nah just a great start as usual.

Edited by foreverblue

No body seems to know?! Maybe next week's SS will reveal?!

Well Stead had perfect opportunity to ask Adams when ht's 15 riders were being announced as Adams said I am putting Freddie in he's angry but Stead totally missed it

Really good day out. Leisurely drive from Devon, lunch in Dorchester, a couple of hours with my Dad (who lives 200 metres from the stadium) and onto speedway.

Lovely late summers evening, if a little chilly. Speedway under lights,perfect.Well done to both teams for an excellent evenings racing. Hard fought with some good passing.

Will 12pts be enough for Poole? Slightly worryingly for me is that Pooles 1-5 only outscored an under performing Wolves 1-5 by only 2pts, Im sure there will be reasons, but I found it strange that Thorssell wasnt in Ht15. He was gating and being a nuisance all night. Far more that Freddie or Tai.

Couple of comments. Ht1, Holder riding hard under Lindgren. Both were out by the fence after coming off gates 3&4. For sure, Holder was going to try and block Lindgrens run.Unfortunately he lifted a little when he wouldnt have wanted to. Very very hard. What would have happened if Lindgren had gone down? 50/50 call for me.

On the other hand, I thought Howarths move on Ellis was deliberate.Others had ridden hard into turn 3 and kept their lines on the inside. He knew what he was doing as when he got back to the pits he immediately looked out for Ellis and quickly tried to get out of his way. Couldnt hear what was being said, but you could clearly hear raised voices. (I was stood close to the big screen).

Not a huge crowd, but round 1st & 2nd turns in was 2 deep all the way round, 3 deep in places.

The 2nd leg is going to be very intriguing. Of course, I want Poole to win and hope they do, but the scoreline from last night could easily be reversed.

C'mon you Pirates. :t:

• Like 2