British Speedway Forum

Afaik Sedg was not promised anything , I was told we had provisionally offered Tungy a deal for 2017 including setting him up with a distinguished local spannerman but I guess the rules ridiculously implemented by the morons in power farked that one up as well as one or 3 other deals, Sedg seems to have been cast aside somewhat and the Swindon management seemed put off by his loss of form late season but when you see he has more or less been replaced by Bellego it looks rather odd, yes David 'really' wanted to ride for us but so did BWD but he was overlooked despite more or less being told we may well use him before we actually got backed into a corner and then did contact him...so basically I think Justin has been rather shafted

• Like 3

Can't really understand the Bellego signing. Swindon probably first team to track 2 French-born riders. Will be croissants, baguettes, brioche, horse burgers, wine, on sale at snack bars replacing last year's vegamite, roo burgers, timtams, meat pies, Iced coffee.

Sedge is a nice geezer a bit unlucky to be forced out.

Edited by Alfred Stopcock
  • Like 2

If true be interesting to hear what Crazy Robin thinks about this as he moaned about Poole 'promising' places to Gomolski and Chris Holder!

If true then it's bang out of order Lisa but I was told something today by a friend of Nick's that it might be the case.

Bellego is a big mate of Adam's so guess that's why he has been signed & not signing Sedgy goes against so many things that Rosco has said about keeping assets at Swindon.

I think Sedgy will have a far better season as he knows all the tracks unlike Bellego.

I'm not a hypocrite Lisa & think it's bang out of order if Sedgy was promised a slot.

If true then it's bang out of order Lisa but I was told something today by a friend of Nick's that it might be the case.

Bellego is a big mate of Adam's so guess that's why he has been signed & not signing Sedgy goes against so many things that Rosco has said about keeping assets at Swindon.

I think Sedgy will have a far better season as he knows all the tracks unlike Bellego.

I'm not a hypocrite Lisa & think it's bang out of order if Sedgy was promised a slot.

Okay, that's fair enough. Just checking! ;)

Can't really understand the Bellego signing. Swindon probably first team to track 2 French-born riders. Will be croissants, baguettes, brioche, horse burgers, wine, on sale at snack bars replacing last year's vegamite, roo burgers, timtams, meat pies, Iced coffee.

Sedge is a nice geezer a bit unlucky to be forced out.

Surprisingly not.

In 2003 Isle of Wight tracked all three Tressarieu brothers, although never more than two at a time!

• Like 1

Surprisingly not.

In 2003 Isle of Wight tracked all three Tressarieu brothers, although never more than two at a time!

Blimey Riley didnt know that. Remember seeing Seb ride at Worky for IOW with Boycey 2004, and think he rode for Swindon 2005. Smashed Workys unbeaten home record. Wheres he now? Edited by Alfred Stopcock

France??!

I think you'll find there's a fair chance they we're born at the same hospital too, (and Dimitri Bergé )

• Like 1

No sign of any workmen with cups of tea in there hand with a fag hanging out of there mouths.I bet they are all foreigncan't get the workers now but you can get plenty of shirkers.

IMG_20170106_220607.jpgimg hosting

• Like 5

Looks like they are all busy beavering away, is the guy with the bottle of drink testing out the new terrace seating?.

Looks like they are all busy beavering away, is the guy with the bottle of drink testing out the new terrace seating?.

A right bunch of beavers, if you look closely you will see its Rosco on fence. The club are appealing for volunteers to come to the site this weekend to carry on work. Bring your own pick and shovel, hardhats and tea provided at small charge.

The club and local rag should be keeping fans updated.

Edited by Alfred Stopcock

I don't understand the logic of promising team places to any rider before the points limit is known, just puts the promoter into a corner they can't always get out of.

I don't understand the logic of promising team places to any rider before the points limit is known, just puts the promoter into a corner they can't always get out of.

Surely the logic is that if a rider is in demand, then signing a rider up before anyone else has to be good business. It is certainly not wise to sign too many riders before the points limit is known though.

Swindon sign Stefan Nielsen as an asset in Oct and then he does not appear in the team.

Is it true that he has retired...... if so then very disappointing that he has retired.