British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

Yet some tracks do it on a regular basis, and Sheffield actually managed it on few occasions last season, the best meeting being against Newcastle in the league cup

Precisely.

All we ever hear are excuses about wind, sun and stock cars.

Scunny v Edinburgh last season. A hot, windy day with a stock car meeting the previous night. Best meeting I saw all year and one of the best I have seen in years.

I wouldn't mind so much but Sheffield have the same trackman !!

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Precisely.

All we ever hear are excuses about wind, sun and stock cars.

Scunny v Edinburgh last season. A hot, windy day with a stock car meeting the previous night. Best meeting I saw all year and one of the best I have seen in years.

I wouldn't mind so much but Sheffield have the same trackman !!

Is Mr Boocock involved with the track at Scunthorpe.

I would suggest that is the difference.

• Like 2

Word I got was that it wasn't down to Boocock but the riders.

Typical case of putting paid employees wants before those of paying customers with the result that paying customers are thinking of not paying any more.

Its not bloody difficult : Customers needs come first every single time.

(to be fair, Sheffield are anything but alone).

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Word I got was that it wasn't down to Boocock but the riders.

Typical case of putting paid employees wants before those of paying customers with the result that paying customers are thinking of not paying any more.

Its not bloody difficult : Customers needs come first every single time.

(to be fair, Sheffield are anything but alone).

Not saying that outright, but it is funny that once Eric comes back into the fold the track prepped not to favour good racing.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so, and maybe someone with a greater knowledge may know.

• Like 1

Remember when track was good richard hall was great to watch at sheffield on the slick Sheffield tràck he looks a amateur and i bet sean wilson would have hated the track now

• Like 1

Sheffield always had a bit more home advantage when the track was a bit deeper, with better racing and more home wins surely a grippier track is a no brainer.

• Like 2

Eric was always in favour of making Owlerton slick to make the home team happier on slick away tracks.

Recently the argument has been that the high powered engines with the new silencers behave poorly when they run into deep shale. I think we would soon learn how to set the bikes up to suit deep shale and then Owlerton would become a nightmare for occasional visiting riders.

At the last S*T*A*R*S meeting Peter Mole said good shale was hard to find, and not cheap, but certainly not unaffordable...

Eric was always in favour of making Owlerton slick to make the home team happier on slick away tracks.

Recently the argument has been that the high powered engines with the new silencers behave poorly when they run into deep shale. I think we would soon learn how to set the bikes up to suit deep shale and then Owlerton would become a nightmare for occasional visiting riders.

At the last S*T*A*R*S meeting Peter Mole said good shale was hard to find, and not cheap, but certainly not unaffordable...

Perhaps he should speak to Rob Godfrey.

• Like 1

I have to say that every time Boocock gets involved with Sheffield he upsets riders and the track gets slick, hopefully with him gone next season we can get back to normal

• Like 2

I have to say that every time Boocock gets involved with Sheffield he upsets riders and the track gets slick, hopefully with him gone next season we can get back to normal

Who says he's gone?

Who says he's gone?

Never thought of him staying with Stead as team manager, but as you say nothing to say he has gone, heres hoping though

• Like 1

Never thought of him staying with Stead as team manager, but as you say nothing to say he has gone, heres hoping though

Could well still be in charge of the track prep.

Me I would leave him in charge of the 2nd halves.

• Like 1

Me I would leave him in charge of the 2nd halves.

What second halves? I take it there's a note of sarcasm in that post!